“Okay for over night before and after your hols!”

Gatwick Cambridge Hotel
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Horley
hertfordshire
“Okay for over night before and after your hols!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stayed here the night before our family holiday to Greece last year, we also stayed on our return. The first room we had we lovely, huge family room, very clean. Upon our return stay, wasn't so spacious, nor as clean, but okay for a one night to get your head down when needed.
We are using them again this year, as it's so convenient being able to leave the car there, and get a lift to the airport! Roll on this year's hols! will report back!

Room Tip: Family room just at the top of the stairs, very nice and spacious!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kelsie500

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed here as part of a transit deal with holiday parking before early flight. The hotel faciliites are functional as you would expect however the reception staff were exptional in dealing with an issue which thomas cook has caused over our booking. The staff resolved it with the minimal stress to us
really well done

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank farrowp
Amesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I booked through Holiday Extras to stay at the Cambridge Hotel on Sat 22 Dec 12 and my experience of the hotel was most unsatisfactory.

Having booked in to the hotel and then dined in the restaurant, I intended to take a shower and get an early night in view of my 4am start the following day. To my dismay, there was no hot water from the shower despite running it for several minutes. I reported the matter to Reception and a man came to my room to investigate but he, not surprisingly, could not generate hot water from the shower.

Having had no further contact after ten minutes, I again phoned Reception. I was told that the boiler had been switched off and that hot water should be available within five minutes. Ten minutes later, I went to Reception in person to state that there was still no hot water. I was told that I should wait half an hour for hot water! My response was that I was not prepared to wait that long for a hot shower and that it was not good enough. There was no apology made at any time but they transferred me to the sister hotel, the Acorn Lodge, a 2* hotel, where I was pleased to find that hot water was available, but the main light in the bedroom did not work and neither did the light in the bathroom.

To add insult to injury, upon collecting my car from the Cambridge Hotel after my trip, I discovered an area of approximately 30cm in diameter of my car roof was covered in concentrated bird ‘waste matter’ (I’m being polite), as was the driver-side door, including the door handle, and window.

I wrote to the hotel owner to complain but he did not even have the courtesy to respond to my letter. Holiday Extras instead extracted a response from the receptionist and I was offered an upgrade to a double room and 10% off the dinner bill should I stay there again. No way will I stay there again!

To their credit, Holiday Extras have taken my complaint seriously and have offered a reasonable discount on my next booking with them. They certainly care more about their customers than the Cambridge Hotel management!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Anne F
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Cambridge Hotel prior to an early departure from Gatwick. We found it excellent, especially as we could leave the car there. The room was clean and their bus to and from the airport worked very well.

1 Thank George W
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2013

My husband & I stayed at The Cambridge prior to a holiday in Cuba flying from Gatwick. Our stay included 15 nights car parking & was by far the most competively priced service of its kind ! We enjoyed a happy night in the bar with several friends also travelling to Cuba & found the staff & service at The Cambridge excellent ! We will definitely be using this hotel again probably when we fly to Egypt in March 2013 . An excellent choice for great service & a friendly welcome ! Many thanks Nigel & Louise Evans : )

• Stayed March 2012
England
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This was a very good start to our holiday taking the worry about arriving at Gatwick at the crack of dawn on New Years Day. The hotel is very nice,clean and welcoming.It was also easy to find.
The room was very comfy with plenty of coffee and tea provided. The evening meal we had in the reataurant was good.
Transfer to the airport was quick and on our return to collect our car in the freezing temperatures was quick after a phone call, and the driver had his car lovely and warm for us.Reception could have done with some help when we were booking in but on return very efficient.

1 Thank karelma
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We have stayed several times at the Gatwick Cambridge Hotel, using their stay and park facility, when we have been on one week, and two week breaks. On both occasions we have found the "take to-pick up" from Gatwick service excellent. The Hotel has been subject to refurbishment, and both our stays have been in satisfactory rooms. The dining room now offers a decent evening meal, and breakfast. If you want a no frills stay at a competitive rate with helpful staff, I think you will struggle to do better in and around Gatwick.

1 Thank true2formal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
Airport Inn Gatwick
Airport Inn Gatwick
#6 of 11 in Horley
Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central
Langshott Manor Hotel Gatwick
Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel
Gatwick Corner House Hotel

Been to Gatwick Cambridge Hotel? Share your experiences!