“Ok but not great”

Ranked #10 of 30 Horley B&B and Inns
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Ok but not great”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Can’t complain about the price, as it’s cheaper than parking the car in long stay. You get the feeling they have given up and on a wind down. Took 25 minutes to be picked up, which is a bit slow considering its only 5 minutes away. Insisting on paying cash for parking car was bit strange. Breakfast was very good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Harrycrumbthethird

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Bristol
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

I arranged for my 89 year old mother-in-law to stay at Gatwick House before an early morning flight to Greece. She could not have been treated with more care and attention and it was great for me to know she was being so well looked after. Tony and Linda were both so helpful when I phoned beforehand to discuss her travel arrangements. Five minutes from Gatwick airport, I would highly recommend Gatwick House for a convenient and comfortable overnight stop.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MosaicmakerBristol
Breisach am Rhein, Germany
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This B and B hotel was very friendly. On booking through an internet agency i received a friendly welcome letter asking me for an estimated time of arrival. the letter contained all info needed in case of late arrival etc. very useful.
The hotel is only a few minutes from Gatwick airport and was very useful as I had an early departure. 0430. Because of this I was unable to sample the breakfast unfortunately.
I was recommended to visit a local pub and an evening meal, upon my arrival. This was excellent.
Next time I fly out from Gatwick I know where I will be staying.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jolyonjamieson
wiltshire
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We have stayed here four times and have advised many friends of their service. We had several minor grumbles this time;
The breakfast room was locked when it is meant to be open for early morning continental breakfasts.
We had an early start and so got a taxi, this is usually deducted from the cost although it wasn't. We still paid full price.
The seatbelt in the back of the transport car on return was broken and had been the last 2 times we used Gatwick House.Not legal when transporting 4 adults.
The car was scratched on the roof - presumably where they park them under the trees then get coverered in C**p which they clean off with a broom or something similar that scratched the paintwork.
The rooms are still nice and clean, but they could supply breakfast in the rooms such as cereal bars and fruit if they prefer to lock the breakfast room for early transfers.

On the whole not as good as it has been, we wont use the service again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank cooperxWiltshire
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My first stay here, but greeted and treated like a friend in a very genuine and relaxed way. My late arrival caused no problem. Very comprehensive details sent in advance and a very efficient system in place - most impressive! Room not large, but no problem. Lovely breakfast in relaxing surroundings with first-class and unfussy service. Excellent airport transfer too. What is there not to like! I would certainly stay here again without hesitation. Sincere thanks to the proprietors.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank David4630
Margate, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This was a great place for our family of 5 to stay prior to our trip to Orlando. Very close to North terminal so we were able to drop our cases off early for twilight check-in. Very friendly service really made our family feel welcome. We stayed in room 10, which was able to accommodate my wife and I and our 15yr old son, 11yr old daughter and they even managed to fit a travel cot for our 17month old baby, still with ample room and en-suite. Home cooked breakfast in the morning was lovely, and again great service even offered to cook baby some food. Left car for the two weeks and got lift from owner to airport which was very easy no fuss, and on return was picked up within 10 minutes, and car was waiting, even gave baby some warm milk as he didn't have any on plane. Would definitely use again and highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Daniel S
Swindon
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Great place, comfy, convenient & was perfect for all our needs. I was travelling with my 12 year old son & he was able to connect to their wifi. Lovely cooked breakfast & free transfer to airport. Left our car there too & on arrival back in the UK we were picked up within 10 minutes. I felt safe & secure here & cant thank the hosts, Tony & Linda, enough. I will definitely recommend this place to friends & family & i wouldn't stay anywhere else now.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Marie S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Gatwick Corner House Hotel
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Airport Inn Gatwick
Airport Inn Gatwick
#8 of 11 in Horley
Springwood Guest House Gatwick
Flexistay Ambers Gatwick Aparthotel

Been to Gatwick House? Share your experiences!