“A welcoming home, from from home!”

Gable End Guest House
Ranked #4 of 30 Horley B&B and Inns
Ludington, MI
“A welcoming home, from from home!”
Reviewed December 21, 2009

My wife and I, along with my daughter and son in law, were en route to Millau, France, to spend Christmas with my son in law's parents. Due to snow delays at the airport in Detroit, we missed our flight out to France. Fortunately, my daughter and son in law had stayed with you on a previous visit and had brought along your business card. We called, and Mary came and picked us up at the airport. We felt totally welcome from our first contact. Our rooms were very comfortable, and our "cooked Breakfast" was incredible After breakfast, Joseph drove us to the airport to catch our flight to France. Our visit with the two of you and your wonderful inn was one of the highlights of our entire trip. Thanks for your hospitality. You will forever be a part of our Christmas memories!

Tom and Judy Riggs, Ludington, Michigan, USA

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
UK
Reviewed December 2, 2009

Booked this because of the reviews on Trip Advisor. PIck up and drop offs to airport were prompt and the welcome from Mary was amazing. The breakfast was very good and the room was clean. I've hesitated about making any negative comments, hence the delay in adding my view because Mary and Joseph are very nice. However we found the room to be very average. There was an unnecessary collection of soft toys on top of the unit in the lobby and there was religious bric-a-brac (a cross above the bed) and 1970's ornaments in the room (pot tramp on a bench) The decor was dated ;-pink emulsioned walls with a flowery border and terracotta coloured bedspreads. I've also just noticed that there are loads more comments about this hotel than the others in the area, which now makes me suspicious. If you like homeliness, this is for you; It was like staying at your Auntie's house. If u prefer modern neutral, it's not.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed November 30, 2009

I was going through quite a rough time in my life and came across this guest house to stay a few days before heading back home from Nov 13th-17th

I truly never expect the hospitality, the service, nor the warmth to be exceptional anywhere I stay..., but this was one of a kind, it really helped me to smile again, appreciate life again

This house feels like your own home. The people treat you with respect and love as if you are one of theirs. They take the time to show you the roads, make you a warm much needed meal...and simply be there if you need them...

May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.

If i ever return to London, I will definitely go back there, without question....Thanks for reading

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Lithuania
Reviewed November 22, 2009

I visited Gable End guest-house for a weekend with my boyfriend. And I was really pleased with everything ^_^
From pick-up at the airport, which is a very comfortable thing! The hosts of the guest-house are warm and welcoming, gave a cozy feeling from the moment we enetered the place.
Rooms are very cozy and comfortable. They are small,but well kept. And the bathroom is brand new and also very comfortable.
If departing early in the morning, the owner will order a taxi. If leaving later - You can be taken to the airport by the host himself.
All in all - it was truly a very pleasant weekend and I will definitely come back here in the future!!

Catherine F.

• Stayed November 2009
Portsmouth
Reviewed November 15, 2009

Gatwick is not the most relaxing airport to start your holiday so having been recommended by my sister of this good guest house we looked for forward to our holiday, and we were not disapointed. As my husband is disabled we were accomodated in a ground floor room which was clean and comfortable. Once we checked in and handed our car keys over we decided that we would like to check in our suitcase at the airport as we had an early morning flight, no problem said the the proprieter's daughter and took us to the terminal building. We don't know how long we will be we said, no problem was the reply just give me a ring when you want picking up. We were duly picked up and then decided we would like to go to Wetherspoons for a drink and something to eat, no problem and we were dropped of there. We really appreciated this personnal touch and but did not want to take advantage so we took a taxi back to Gable End.
We had a very early flight and knew we would miss out on a cooked breakfast but the breakfast room was laid out with a selection of cereals, fruit and bread to make toast so we did not go short.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
jersey, channel islands
Reviewed October 30, 2009

Not only is the Gable End cosy, warm and clean. It is situated five minutes from Gatwick Airport. The owners 'Mary and Joseph' will come to the Airport to pick you up, them drop you off when you need to return. It is spotlessly clean and the choice of breakfast is great too. From Cereal to full English.
As we live in Jersey (Channel Islands) it is necessary for us to stay near Gatwick overnight whenever we go on holiday. 'The Gable End' is always my first choice.
(David Ratcliffe - Jersey).

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Midlands
Reviewed October 27, 2009

A brilliant overnight stay. We could see from the room the owners still took pride in their work and their customer service and attitude was brilliant. They could not have been more helpful. Highly recommended

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Sofitel London Gatwick
Gatwick Corner House Hotel
Hampton by Hilton London Gatwick Airport
Langshott Manor Hotel Gatwick
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport

Been to Gable End Guest House? Share your experiences!