“Great Service Irish Style”

Gable End Guest House
Ranked #3 of 30 Horley B&B and Inns
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great Service Irish Style”
Reviewed March 15, 2009

I stayed here for a few days while taking exams at Gatwick. Outstanding welcome from the owners and great service. Convenient location if working or travelling from Gatwick Airport. Free WiFi exemplifies the owners' attitude to catering for their customer's needs without 'cashing' in like many competitors.

Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
guernsey channel islands
Reviewed March 9, 2009

We have been useing this guest house for about five years, location handy for trains to london or overnight stays on return from holidays. i always recommend this place to friends as we love it, mary and joseph are excellent hosts, very friendly and always happy to help out in any way,The guest house is spotless, My wife is a excellent cook but she can t beat the breakfast at gable end

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
cardiff
Reviewed February 27, 2009

Room was spacious,clean and great breakfast.The owner even charged my car battery up after I left an interior light on.Could't fault the place.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank CardiffPoodle
Grand Rapids
Reviewed January 25, 2009

We have stayed at the Gable End twice. The first time was a planned visit and the second time we stayed because of flight problems. Mary and Joseph (the owners) are fantastic people! They provide transportation to and from the airport, as well as a fantastic breakfast in the morning. The rooms are very comfortable. There is also a great pub within walking distance (it is either the third or fourth oldest pub in the UK!), Ye Old Six Bells. A fantastic place to stay!

• Stayed December 2008
1 Thank Abbndy
Kraśnik
Reviewed January 23, 2009

One short night on the way from Poland to Senegal and one of the most pleasant experiences in my life! I picked the Gable End Guest House by chance and it turned out I'm a really lucky girl!

The moment I entered the House I felt home. The inside reminds rooms taken from the 19th century novels. Really nostalgic. Everything so sweet and clean that it makes you love it.

The lady at the reception desk becomes your close friend in no time at all. Very cheerful and ready to help you with everything and anything, very tactful at the same time.

Now , bedrooms...!!!! I wish I had slept there for another one hundred years or so. Some special atmosphere lets you have a really calm sleep.

In the morning.....what a delicious breakfast!!! It was so tasty (despite the general opinion about English food) (sorry, Mary!) I couldn't stop eating! Plethora of food!

Mary, Joseph (the owners) and the staff? You just must meet them!!! It is a great pleasure to have a friendly chat with people who know what real hospitality is.

• Liked — friendly atmosphere, perfect cleanness, perfect food, nice decoration
  • Disliked — no lift
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank abigalePo
Athens
Reviewed January 11, 2009

Because of my job I stay in the Gable end guest house for a few nights every month. I just would not go anywhere else. The property itself is absolutely beautiful, the rooms (and I have been in quite a few of them by now ) are the one better than the other, Clean, well presented and comfortable. You instantly feel at home. But the biggest asset of the guest house as I find it are the people that own it. Mary and Joseph make you feel welcome the moment you step in and are more than helpful with anything you need. To me they are the friends and family I don't have in the UK. Their warm welcome, their helpful ways the beautiful breakfast, the lifts to the airport their personal interest to your wellbeing is what makes your stay so special. I would recomend this guest house even with my eyes closed as we say in Greece.

• Liked — Warm welcome and friendliness, location
  • Disliked — -
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Southampton
Reviewed January 11, 2009

Very friendly couple, such a warm and inviting welcome on a bitter cold night. As i arrived in my taxi i was warmly invited inside and advised that i should have just called them and they would have picked me up!! I was staying one night before flying out in the morning. Very warm and inviting house. Feels very homely. Rooms very warm and bed very comfy just what i needed before the long day traveling. Very stress free tasty breakfast followed by a very short and stress free drive to the airport. Would highly recomend and will definately be visiting again the next time i fly out of Gatwick!.

Stayed December 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
Sofitel London Gatwick
Hampton by Hilton London Gatwick Airport
Trumbles Guest Accommodation
Gatwick Turret Guest House

Been to Gable End Guest House? Share your experiences!