“Fantastic Guesthouse and fantastics hosts!”

Gable End Guest House
Ranked #3 of 30 Horley B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I wish to take this opportunity to thank Mary and Joe for their hospitality during my stay at The Gable-end Guest House. The rooms are very clean and comfortable and the big breakfast was more than I could handle!

For me it was another Home away from Home and it's reassuring to know that I have an excellent place to use while on Holidays or on business in the future!

Many thanks once again

Stephen

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Stephenmilligan2004
Mary_GableEnd, Owner at Gable End Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Stephen, thank you for your review we hope to see you back again with us soon, either on business or for pleasure.

There are newer reviews for Gable End Guest House

Reviewed February 8, 2013

We (family of four - 2 adults, 2 kids) stayed before flying off to Florida in Oct 2012. Easy to find, easy to park, good places to eat nearby (we had pizza in Horley). We had a big room with a double, a single and bunks so could have fit one more! Breakfast very plentiful! We had booked to be driven to the airport and this was dealt with very well - no waiting, right on time. When we returned there was no wait for the pickup. Our car was waiting for it with no problems encountered. Mary and Joseph run a very nice b and b and excellent airport service. We will use them again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 2beesmum

Thank you so much for your review, we hope to see you back again with us soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

It's the very best of the 100's of B/B's I've stayed in throughout the UK.
Joseph and Mary are genuinely warm and caring people who could easily
write a book on what constitutes a GREAT Guest House experience.
Only two blocks to a pub that is welcoming and that provides a quality
food menu at reasonable prices. Even when visiting London, Gable End
is ideal. It's only 30 minutes, via regularly scheduled trains. All of these
glowing comments come from an American who demands, expects and
who understands what great customer service is. I could not say enough
good about Gable End and the lovely duo. Have stayed with them 6 times
and am always eager to tell folks about my experience.

2  Thank greg4454

Dear Greg, thank you so much for your review, its always a pleasure to see you and we look forward to seeing you with us again soon.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I reciently stayed for the third time at Gable end. I was traveling back to Canada after 7 months abroad. Mary and Joseph welcomed me with open arms and smiles. My room was very comfortable and clean and Mary made a wonderful vegetarian breakfast for me the next morning. I've stayed at other guest houses in the area and I have to say Gable end is the best! Mary's incredible smile is always on and lights up the whole house and Joseph got me to the airport in perfect time.
Gable end is the place to stay and I will be returning again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Elysa X

Thank you so much for coming back to us again and we look forward to seeing you soon we hope.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed one night at either end of my journey in December and January. Mary and Joseph were so friendly and helpful - they made me feel very welcome. The 2 rooms I stayed in were spacious, clean and very comfortable and the breakfast was brilliant. Just what I needed after a late arrival following a delayed flight into the early hours. There was a simple system for ensuring that I could get in at that time as well! I had a lovely meal at the Six Bells Inn, a 5 minute walk away. I'm delighted to have found this B&B following an internet search and will definitely be back next time I'm flying from Gatwick. Highly recommended!

3  Thank Ruth236

Dear Ruth, thank you for your review, we are so glad you had an enjoyable stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I was traveling to Gatwick to sit CAA exams and Gable End was just what I needed.
Lovely welcome from Mary and Joseph, despite a booking error on my part. The room was really nice, warm, quiet and comfortable with a desk that help me with some last minute studying.
Breakfast was flexible and tasty. Overall fantastic value and in a very handy location with easy links to Gatwick and the surrounding area, with no traffic problems even at 9AM on a weekday.
I will be staying again next time I am in the area.
Many thanks guys!

1  Thank jonburford

thank you for your review, we look forward to seeing you back again with either on business or pleasure.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stayed the night before and on return from trip to Florida.
The warmest welcome ever from Mary, we felt like family nothing was too much trouble.
Pick up and drop offs at Gatwick went smoothly spot on time Joseph friendly and helpful.
Would highly recommend a stay at this wonderful friendly B&B, fantastic choice of breakfast service second to none.
Mary and Joseph know how to make every guest feel special looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Our upstairs room was quieter when other visitors are leaving for early morning flights.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Psaron12

Thank you for your review, we hope to see you back at Gable End again soon.

Mary & Joseph

Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Sofitel London Gatwick
Gatwick Corner House Hotel
Hampton by Hilton London Gatwick Airport
Cumberland House Gatwick
Trumbles Guest Accommodation

Been to Gable End Guest House? Share your experiences!