“Wonderful B&B!”

Ranked #3 of 30 Horley B&B and Inns
Wales
“Wonderful B&B!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed one night at either end of my journey in December and January. Mary and Joseph were so friendly and helpful - they made me feel very welcome. The 2 rooms I stayed in were spacious, clean and very comfortable and the breakfast was brilliant. Just what I needed after a late arrival following a delayed flight into the early hours. There was a simple system for ensuring that I could get in at that time as well! I had a lovely meal at the Six Bells Inn, a 5 minute walk away. I'm delighted to have found this B&B following an internet search and will definitely be back next time I'm flying from Gatwick. Highly recommended!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Ruth236
Mary_GableEnd, Owner at Gable End Guest House, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Ruth, thank you for your review, we are so glad you had an enjoyable stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Mary & Joseph

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I was traveling to Gatwick to sit CAA exams and Gable End was just what I needed.
Lovely welcome from Mary and Joseph, despite a booking error on my part. The room was really nice, warm, quiet and comfortable with a desk that help me with some last minute studying.
Breakfast was flexible and tasty. Overall fantastic value and in a very handy location with easy links to Gatwick and the surrounding area, with no traffic problems even at 9AM on a weekday.
I will be staying again next time I am in the area.
Many thanks guys!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jonburford
thank you for your review, we look forward to seeing you back again with either on business or pleasure.

Peyia, Cyprus
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stayed the night before and on return from trip to Florida.
The warmest welcome ever from Mary, we felt like family nothing was too much trouble.
Pick up and drop offs at Gatwick went smoothly spot on time Joseph friendly and helpful.
Would highly recommend a stay at this wonderful friendly B&B, fantastic choice of breakfast service second to none.
Mary and Joseph know how to make every guest feel special looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Our upstairs room was quieter when other visitors are leaving for early morning flights.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Psaron12
Thank you for your review, we hope to see you back at Gable End again soon.

Essex
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed at Gable End in October, before an extremely early flight the following morning.

Mary's welcome was warm and friendly, she made a fuss of the children, nothing was too much trouble.

Our room was very comfortable and clean. If I had to pick one criticism, it would be that it was quite cramped. We had a double bed and 2 singles squashed into one of the front rooms as the family room was booked out to a family staying longer than us. That said, it didn't spoil our stay, we were only in the room for a 8 hours!

We helped ourself to a fabulous continental spread at about 4.30am the next morning.

Once again, Mary's wonderful hospitatlity greeted us when she collected us from the airport on our return journey. She even helped us unload our suitcases and then ran indoors to get the children some biscuits. I almost can't wait to book another holiday from Gatwick so that we can return to Gable End.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CrazyCatSmirnoff
Thank you so much for your lovely review. We always try to make the little ones feel well looked after as they are the VIPs after all ! we look forward to seeing you again, we can book the family room for you well in advance if you need it.

Kindest regards

Mary
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed December 10, 2012

If anyone asked me to find some negative to say about Gable End Guest House, I would have a huge problem. Since my now good friends (family) Mary and Joe started this venture, I was one of their first guests to be picked up at Gatwick way back in 2000. I was standing in the queue at the Information Desk when Joe approached me and asked if I was looking for a place to stay. From that day on I have been staying there at my second home (I live in Norway) with my second family, every single year. Sometimes I stay twice a year and I usually have a gang of Norwegians (between 6 to 28 guests at a time) with me. Never once have I ever heard a negative word said by anyone of my fellow Norwegians, nor have I heard any such negative comments from my family and friends in England who have stayed there at my recomendations.
This place is unique and it is run by people with hearts a big as the heavens above. I am due there in February, this time with 28 Norwegians who are bound for the Caribbean with me. Beleive me when I say that I am just as excited to see "my family" at Gable End as I am with seeing my folks in the Caribbean. Pity we only stay there one night each time. I also agree with every single positive comment on this site so I won't repeat it. I will however say this. Please Mary and Joe, don't you ever leave that place or I will not only lose a home, but a family as well!

Room Tip: Don't worry, you'll always be satisfied!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Cliff S
Mary_GableEnd, Owner at Gable End Guest House, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
and we look forward to having you back to stay with us again, our family will welcome you into our home any time.

With Kind regards for a Happy Christmas and look forward to seeing you in February 2013.

Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 4, 2012

It was easy to ring and arrange a pick up from Gatwick airport (we had been given clear instrustions on how to find the freephone). Mary arrived promptly and really made us feel Like valued guests.
She phoned to book us a table in the local pub/restaurant (which i have also reviewed and is great) too, which is over-and-above service.
The rooms were well appointed and had everything we needed for an overnight stay. The breakfast was spot on the following morning.
We were driven back to the airport to get our plane and given a very friendly send off.
We will definately be using Gable End the next time we fly from Gatwick. Staying there is a good way to begin a holiday.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Mary_GableEnd, Owner at Gable End Guest House, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Polly, we are delighted that you had such a good stay with us and we are happy to help anytime. Have a wonderful Christmas and hope to see you again in 2013.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We spent one night at the Gable End Guest House. Mary picked us up promptly from the airport, and after we settled into our room she drove us to the small village where we had a look around. The guest house is clean and adequately appointed. The full breakfast was spot on. Joseph arrange for a taxi to drive us to Heathrow at a rate that was very competitive with the bus (for two). The hosts will recommend Six bells pub for your dinner. Make sure you get adequate directions or you will find yourselves walking down a dark lane in a graveyard. The difference here is the attitude and actions of mary and Joseph. They instantly become your best friends. You have a sense that they really love what they are doing, and you will too!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely review. We hope that we will see you back at Gable End again soon and wishing you a very Happy Christmas.

Mary & Joseph
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Sofitel London Gatwick
Hampton by Hilton London Gatwick Airport
Gatwick Corner House Hotel
Trumbles Guest Accommodation
Cumberland House Gatwick

Been to Gable End Guest House? Share your experiences!