“excellent stay”

Glenalmond Guest House
Ranked #22 of 30 Horley B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed here for one night earlier this month, the accommodation was well organised with good facilities for a short stay. Tea, coffee making equipment etc and plenty of local info, we had a great meal at a local Indian Restaurant ( New Fort Raj), Horley is a nice little town with a good variety of eating places.
The proprietor Donal was already sorting our breakfast at 0530 when we got up, obviously you don`t expect a full cooked breakfast at that time of the day but what we had was more than adequate. We were taken to the airport in plenty of time and given information to arrange for our collection on return, Donal was there within 10 minutes , great service, he even got my car going which had a flat battery. Will definitely use again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed at Glenalmond in September 2012, before and after our flights to Morocco, and parked our car there while we were away. We were very happy with our stays there. I won’t repeat all the nice things you’ve already read here (true though they are) – this is to fill in some gaps.

The Full English Breakfast is very full – two eggs, two large rashers of bacon, two sausages, four quarters of fried tomato, baked beans, mushrooms and a slice of black pudding. It’s very nicely cooked and if all that sounds too much, you can order a smaller version. If you like toast under your eggs, it’s D.I.Y. Use the toaster in the dining room while your breakfast is being cooked.

Donal is friendly, chatty and helpful. When we had to share a table for breakfast on our second morning, he introduced us to the other occupant and got our conversation off to a good start.

Our transfer to Gatwick was quick and very good - our return was unbelievable. We rang Donal as we came out of the North Terminal Baggage Reclaim and pushed our trolley up to Bus Stop 9. I then took the trolley to the nearest trolley park to reclaim my pound and I hadn’t quite got back when the Glenalmond minibus swept up. It couldn’t have been slicker if you’d been filming it for a commercial. And the hotel is so near the airport.

Downsides? There are trees round the car-park and pigeons roost in them. But even adding in the cost of a carwash, Glenalmond is still excellent value and a good place to stay.

We’ll be back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed here prior to a flight. Made to feel extremely welcome. Very helpful information about the area. Taken to the airport at our leisure. Great breakfast and very wide range of choices. Will be staying here again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EssexSteaklover
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My wife and I chose Glenalmond from reviews posted on this site. We decided on a smaller and more "homely" place to stay hopefully not to be treated as just another number on a list.
Glad we followed our instincts. Lovely comfortable and quiet sleep, totally away from the flight path yet minuits away (would have prefered a less bulky pillow) and a breakfast that would satisfy your appetite considerably, cooked perfectly.
WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS PLACE.
Too right I would. Donal and his staff were Exc and I appreciated being greeted by someone who was dressed casual and not looking like someone who was going to a funeral.
We will definately make this our first choice near the Gatwick area again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2012

After arriving in Edinburgh and having no idea where'd I'd stay - I came across Glenalmond my pure chance as I drove down Minto St this one happened to have parking out the front and off the street. I was hugely surprised at what I got for the cost of the room - it was very luxurious, clean, comfortable and had (what looked like) a newly updated ensuite.

The proximity to town was perfect for my adventures the following morning and they even did a fantastic breakfast!!!

I have nothing that could have been improved and I highly recommend this place if you're traveling through Edinburgh!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank KelRobb
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We spent 2 Nights in Horley.
A very hospitable place, the owner was very helpful !Best place to start your England trip from Gatwick. Really lovely breakfast with so much to choose from. Rooms are very clean . although near to airport, was not noisy at night It was a nice and clean place to stay and is really easy to get to from the airport. Will definitely choose again on our return to London. Many thanks again to Donal!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Having stayed at many a corporate hotel near most of the uk airports we decided that a more homely send off would be nice. Having read the reviews we are very pleased to report that this bed and breakfast was just what we were looking for. A comfortable bed with a great nights sleep and a fabulous home cooked breakfast to send us on our way. The host Donal and his staff are wonderfully friendly and helpful. The Glenalmond is located a very short drive away from Gatwick airport and transport to and from was very well organized. Parking is supplied on site. The Three Bells pub is a must if time is permitting, great none expensive food menu ordered before six pm specials or just for a relaxing drink the beautiful architecture of this building with it's stunning ceilings is a gem.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple