“Excellent B & B”

Ranked #14 of 30 Horley B&B and Inns
Oxford
“Excellent B & B”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We have used Rosemead on several occasions because it is so handy for the airport, very good pubs etc within short walking distance. Rooms are very clean and comfortable with everything provided that you could think of. On our last recent visit we booked an extra night as we wanted to miss the forecast blizzards on the Friday (travelling from Oxfordshire to Gatwick) and Fiona and the girls were wonderful - so helpful with anything we needed like using the computer to check in online and print off boarding passes. Transfers to airport on Saturday morning went extremely well and it was a very pleasant and stress-free start to our holiday. Many thanks to Fiona and the girls - and of course the Beagles.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have used Rosemead on a number of occasions (recommended by a daughter who has stayed) and always found the rooms to be of high end quality & cleanliness with all the facilities one could want for a short or long stay. The arrangements for parking & transfers are spot on, with Fiona & staff, (not forgetting the Beagles) always on hand to assist & give advice. The free wifi is usefull. I often have to catch an early morning flight & the transfer vehicle has always been spot on for time.All in all, thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
trulymaddy, Owner at Rosemead Guesthouse, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Rosemead Guest House and, that as someone who has stayed several times, that you took the time to make your review. Look forward to your next visit
yeovil, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 25, 2013

prior to our early morning flight we booked into rosemead.as we had a long drive up from somerset..we encountered a serious accident on m3 delaying our journey so glad that we did..after check in we found our room very pleasant crisp white sheets clean room ,tea making facilities and biscuits . very good..we also found directions to rosemead easy to find. plus just down the road is a nice pub THE AIR BALOON where we enjoyed a good meal..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review Rosemead Guest House and I am pleased that everything was to your satisfaction. We try our best and have taken the time recently to make sure the rooms are fresh and clean with a new steamer and carpet cleaner! Hope to see you again soon.
Pembroke, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Great value for money, both accommodation and parking. 5 minutes from the airport, great for an early flight, with transfer included in the price. On the return journey I used the recommended Taxi, cost £5 - excellent value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
trulymaddy, Owner at Rosemead Guesthouse, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again next time you come to this area.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stayed here for one night before catching a flight the next day. Fast efficient airport transfer. Room was clean, tidy, good sized shower room. Continental breakfast was a decent standard, service was friendly. Arrived by train so I can't comment on the parking. I ate dinner at the excellent Thai restaurant 2 mins walk away. Overall, I thought the quality of the B&B was really good and have already recommended it to a friend who's flying out from Gatwick in September. No complaints at all.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
trulymaddy, Owner at Rosemead Guesthouse, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make your review.

With some of the reviews you would be forgiven for thinking that I am the devil incarnate! However having been here in business for nearly 15 years I have seen all sorts of guests come and go and one thing that I have learned is that you cannot please everyone!

Ultimately it is my home that people come to stay in, not a hotel .

So thank you for your kind words about my guest house and thank you for recommending me to your friend.
Bristol
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Unwelcome to Rosemead nothing rosy about this guest house. Fiona a women who has clearly forgotten about guests and why she is there certainly not about given you a pleasant start to your holiday. Unfriendly unhelpful, all about the money and nothing more.apoligesed about the dirty bed covers but she was booked solid and hadn't had chance to chance cover. Unacceptable for 100 plus 50 parking. Made us leave are luggage unattended in dinning room, after making us move suitcases out of car as she was fully booked and we didn't have a spare key to leave. Told us to put in room but i advised 4 suitcases in a room with 3 children a two adults not. Enough room to swing a cat would be a fire risk. Noisy room with guest coming and going. Returned to collect car Fiona not even greeting you or a comp slip.key box with key inside.2 weeks of bird dap on front bonnet.fiona needs the hotel inspector but believe that Fiona needs to go back to basics close down for a refit and go on a customer service course. As someone who runs there own business you may stay once but repeat business would be 1 percent approx. Making in excess of hundreds each night but a tired run down b and b.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank windows690
I am sorry that you feel that my guest house is so run down; anyone reading your review would think that my house was about to be made derelict! Earlier this year I spent a lot of money refurbishing the guest house, repainting all the walls and ceiling and replaced many carpets; it may not be to your taste but that does not mean that it has not had a revamp, which is the impression that you have given! As I explained at the time about the bedspread, the room was due to have a ‘spring clean’, which actually took place just after you left. The actual bedding is changed daily but the bedcover is laundered weekly but as explained at the time the room was due for a spring clean, we were just waiting for a day when it was not in use.

If you had brought two sets of keys, you would have then been able to leave your cases in the car. As a compromise for not having the luggage in the room, which is what most guests do when they do not have two sets of keys (incidentally there was plenty of room to leave suitcases under the beds) I suggested that you left the cases in the dining room as you were the first guests to leave in the morning and I locked the dining room after you placed the suitcases there and unlocked the door just before I went to bed. So I went out of my way to offer a compromise for the lack of a spare set of keys.

I cannot take responsibility for other guests making a noise on their return to their rooms after eating out; most guests were actually leaving early the next morning anyway.

As for not greeting you on the return to collect your car, I was out for the evening which is why you are given instructions on how to collect your car. This has got to be a first – no one has ever asked me to greet them with their car keys!! All they want to do is collect their car and go home! As for the state of your car, I am sorry your car was covered in bird mess. Usually I would have got my jetwash out but we had a hosepipe ban at that time and hoses were banned. All guest houses use their gardens to park cars in and the nature of gardens is that they contain trees and unfortunately birds nest in trees and therefore poop!

My repeat business is very good actually and have had many guests who have come back; indeed many have been coming to stay for as long as I have been here which is nearly 15 years.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Only 5 minutes drive to Gatwick airport which made this a perfect place to stay. Fiona, the owner, was friendly and made us welcome. The room was great and very clean, couldn't ask for anything more. Fiona dropped us off at the Airport which was great, however the taxi she recommended (Metro car taxis) we used cost us £12. Considering how close it was and the advise that it would only be about £5-£6, it was a bit of a shock. Fiona's dogs were gorgeous, just wish we could spend more time with them! Overall, a great B&B and will definitely stay again. (Family of 4).

Room Tip: Front bedroom room with double bed and bunk beds for the kids