“OK quite expensive for the small portions”
Review of The Fox Revived

The Fox Revived
Ranked #5 of 132 Restaurants in Horley
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Situated on Norwood Hill crossroads approx 3 miles from Horley town centre and a short taxi ride from Gatwick, The Fox Revived is a little haven of beauty, the perfect hideaway in the heart of rural Surrey.With its lofty position, the pub and its gardens enjoy the perfect vantage point from which to view the wonderful sun sets and the beautiful, quintessentially English surroundings.Although modern in feel and style, the pub has a wooden floors, real fires, comfy seating, delightful separate eating areas, a fully stocked bar and the most beautiful of traditional pub gardens complete with apple, pear and damson trees all overlooking the very heart of the Surrey Hills.Visitors can enjoy clotted cream teas, morning coffee, lunch, dinner, a gorgeous garden, traditional ales, home cooked food, a hearty breakfast at the weekend and a warm welcome.We pride ourselves on being able to offer the most wonderful location to cater for any occasion whether that is a wedding, a birthday celebration or a family gathering whether inside, or outside in our marquee.We also offer free wireless throughout creating the perfect get away venue for business meals, meetings and lunches.This is a truly "Great British Pub" and worth celebrating on any occasion.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

we visited here due to the reviews and we were quite disappointed. Portions were quite small and the price was quite high, food was served lukewarm which is never nice. A couple of options during the meal were off as was one of the beers. Waitresses were cheery and helpful. The food was ok but nothing special and we felt overpriced

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (555)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Arrived rather late for lunch - clean All around - nice views from the garden.

We sat out side in the garden area, ample space for kids to run they enjoyed the tractor and swings at the far corner.

Food was fine, reasonably priced. Good beer.

Would visit again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Nice and comfortable place specially if you with the family. They have a nice and big garden which my kids loved it.

Food wise not that great my chicken burger was over cooked, hard to chew, and very dry and so was my daughters chicken goujons.

Otherwise good time spent at this place.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A second visit here as great pub / restaurant in a nice spot off the beaten track.
Was again enjoying their tasty food but as I was in the middle of my pork steak lunch I asked Jen (Jenny/Jennie?) for another glass of cider as my glass was empty. She directed me to go to the bar as we weren't in the restaurant.
Would she have replaced my cold food if I had done that ? Dont think so.
Needless to say, finished food and left.
No more drink , no dessert.
Very disappointed.
Back to the Black Jug where they know how to look after customers.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We enjoyed an evening meal when staying nearby. Good selection of dishes at reasonable prices, modern comfortable decor, good ales and friendly service.