“The Perfect start to a great holiday”

Gatwick Corner House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Horley
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Wanted to stay near the airport the night before my flight and found this Hotel that offered car parking at a really good rate .Did not know what to expect when i booked it ! Looked on the web and it looked ok . When me and my wife arrived i was really suprised what a great Hotel this is and for value for money was relly good .The room was nice it was clean and had everything we needed for a comfortable night . Great ensuite nice shower and a good sleep. i ordered the full English breakfast for the morning . Was plesantly suprised the food was great (usally i find the hotel brekfast to be poor) but it was really good (even the toast was hot !!! ) They arranged my transfer to the airport and made the start of my holiday a real treat ! Also great bar !!! enjoyed that lots lol pleasant bar man (I belive his name was Chris funny guy and made us feel welcome ) So would i use this hotel again .? Yep in a heart beat infact i have allready booked a room as i am going to fly from Gatwick in two months time ......All in all really good experiance !!!! Well done you guys enjoyed it ! :0)

Room Tip: Found my room great !
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mike G

Reviewed November 25, 2012

2nd and last stay here! Picked up quickly from the airport at 11pm by a lady who very obviously didn't want to be their! ..arms folded, cold as she didn't have a coat... watching my children struggle to get their suitcases in the bus! Didn't even close the bus door after us and then made us feel bad as my young daughter didn't have the strength to close it from the inside! Drove like a maniac! No talking even tho we tried!
No one smiled at us. no one even tried to be nice. .. its just a job and unfortunately this will probably be their down fall as there are many other places to stay with much better service from people who actually enjoy their work!
If you even read this reveiw. ..... a smile and a chat goes a long way! Get staff who actually enjoy their job! Take note of your bad reviews on here there is. Something to learn!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank mizzrm
chrissmith92, Owner at Gatwick Corner House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Dear guest
I am so sorry you did not receive the welcome you would have like or we would normally extend to our guests.

I realise there is no excuse for rudness, however I can assure you this is not how I would want any of our guests to be treated. I will look into the matter and speak with all of the staff members to ensure this does not happen again.

Please accept my and the rest of the staff's sincere apologies.

Kind regards

Maria

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I'm perplexed at the previous reviews, as this is the worst hotel I have stayed in; not because of the cleanliness or comfort of the hotel, which in itself was not great, but because of the service. I have never in my life been treated so rudely, by such miserable people. It's quite worrying to know that as a hotel near the airport, this is the kind of first impression that people will get when arriving in England. Upon arriving late at night with suitcases, we were not greeted, only stared at by staff. After being stood at the reception desk for 5 minutes, a gentleman (who I initially thought was a customer) who was sat down and who had noticed us walk in with suitcases, finally walked over to us after I rang the bell and said 'are you here to stay?'. After we checked in, he took us to the front door of the hotel, and gave us directions to an outhouse 200 yards down the main road, which is where our room was. It was about 11pm and was raining. Not one person smiled at us, and when I asked if I could print something off a computer in the morning, you would think I had asked for a thousand pounds. Absolutely deplorable.

2  Thank Andy J
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Perfect venue for a Pre-flight stay from London Gatwick. Friendly & efficient check-in, the room was small but perfectly adequate, clean & quiet. Dinner was just what we wanted - A couple of well cooked steaks in the bar and a bottle of Shiraz & all at a reasonable price. Excellent 5 minute transfer to airport in the Hotel minibus at 6.0am, and equally efficient collection & return 2 weeks later. Our car was well looked after in our absence (At the hotel - Not transferred to a field somewhere!), and was all ready to drive away. This is definitely the place to stay before our future holidays from London Gatwick... Thank you very much

2  Thank PatrickEastbourne
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here twice within last month.

Rooms are spotless and accurately described. Had no complaints with first stay. Second stay had a couple of niggles: the requested cot wasn't in room on arrival and needed to be chased up again a couple of hours later. Also, the airport pick-up needed to be requested twice (a 30 min wait outside in the cold with a baby isn't ideal).

All in all, good value for money but experience was tarnished by second stay and will look for somewhere else for my next Gatwick stopover.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank idw
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Small and friendly hotel close to Gatwick with a quick and efficient transfer service both ways. The room was clean and pleasant, the food was good and the price was reasonable. Couldn't really ask for much more.

1  Thank Dave F
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed as a small group for one night to attend a friend's party in Horley. The hotel is clean, staff were friendly and helpful and was good value for money. The staff kindly provided us with free transport into Horley for the party. It is ideally located for travel from Gatwick. Although it was so close to the airport, we experienced no problems with noise and found our room comfortable and had a decent sized bedroom. Breakfast was ok, nothing special, but I imagine that most people don't bother with eating there as it is really set up for good links to the airport.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MourneGirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
Airport Inn Gatwick
Airport Inn Gatwick
#8 of 11 in Horley
Langshott Manor Hotel Gatwick
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel

Been to Gatwick Corner House Hotel? Share your experiences!