“INCREDIBLY FRESH AND DELICIOUS FOOD AT AFFORDABLE PRICES!”
Review of Saigon Nights - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Saigon Nights
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Surrey, England
“INCREDIBLY FRESH AND DELICIOUS FOOD AT AFFORDABLE PRICES!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I visited this restaurant on Saturday 26th January this year as I was told by a friend that it was very good. And indeed it was, and I should know as I cooked for many years in the best restaurants in London. (Okay not Thai food), but if food generally isn't good I would not return let alone give it a good or high recommendation.

Maybe they have invested in a new chef; I dont know, but it definately did NOT resemble any of some previsous horror reviews that I read. However, I was disappointed in the drinks, it was Cola made from Syrup, (which I hate), so that's fine, I just wont order that again. Personally I think they should serve proper drinks / Cola; and if need be charge more, just my suggestion.

I will return soon to have some more amazing food and service, and if for any reason this is dramatically different I will write another review. Many Thanks.

• Visited January 2013

Horley
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Has recently changed hands, Now Mali Tai. Bar has ceased seving beers. Footfall has decreased atmosphere lacks something although food is good at reasonble prices.

Visited November 2012
Horley, England, United Kingdom
“Now trading as Mali Thai”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We didn't get to try the food as we waited several minutes to get any attention on entering despite having phoned to book. The bar area had several single men sitting around waiting for takeaway or perhaps other menu options.
A woman appeared in a jogging outfit and pointed us to a seat. Only one other poor couple eating on a Friday night. The said server left us with menus and disappeared. After about 10 to 12 minutes we left.
My impression (IMHO) was that it is a knocking shop with a takeaway attached.

They claim to be under new management but nothing has changed. The van parked outside had "_aigon Nights". Just the "S" rubbed off. Shows about the level of interest by the supposed new owner.

A shame as we were looking forward to eating there, perhaps we went on the wrong night.

• Visited September 2012
Horley,Surrey,UK
“Small, pleasant and friendly,”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I've only been to this restaurant once but was welcomed like an old friend, the food was good as was the service. Not very busy, but I suspect that is because of the location, it's a bit tucked away unfortunately, just outside the town centre. Needs word of mouth recommendations. I will go back.

Visited August 2012
Panama City Beach, Florida
“Good lunch”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We ate lunch there and although we were the only ones in the place the food was delicious. Large portions of traditional Thai food. Very inexpensive. Definitely worth the walk away from the town center.

Visited June 2012