Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central
$97
Hotwire.com
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
3,875 results
All reviewstravel lodgegatwick airportan early flightall you can eatthe buscomfortable bedbar restaurantcar parksouth terminalgood nights sleepper personcomfortable stayexcellent valueself serviceshort staynight staystayed here for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Perfect location for Gatwick airport (5 mins by taxi), and at £26 for 2 people for a night, it is difficult to complain. you know what you get with a Travelodge. It serves a purpose perfectly, with restaurant on site and good security from ground floor up to rooms. However, I have given it 3 stars as it was the worst bed I have ever slept on at a hotel, EVER. I had booked a twin room but was allocated a family, so there was a lovely, comfy double bed and two pop up beds (that come out from under the main bed frame). The pull out bed was like sleeping on a bit of board. So so uncomfortable that I was awake for longer than I was asleep, and I have no problems sleeping in most places. The next day my back ached, my neck ached and I did not feel well rested to beign my holiday. I slept better sat up in economy on EasyJet! Such a shame. Great place to stay, but avoid the pop up bed AT ALL COSTS!

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Have stayed at this hotel twice now, first because I had a very early flight and second as couldn't get a hotel room in London cheap last minute. Both times was very happy with the room.

The rooms are generally clean and spacious- in fact on first stay think I had a family room where they took out the extra bed, as there was lots of floor space. Showers are bit small, but again clean. Food in bar is OK, bit cold for my liking, but nice. there is a shuttle bus that runs from both terminals for a small fee. Hotel also has check-in machines which is handy when get off the shuttle bus with a mass of other people. There is also a little garage with a shop on the corner if you need anything else. One downside no hairdryer in room, but reception have some you can borrow. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night prior to a flight. Check in was quick, staff cheerful and helpful. Room was basic but clean, but there was a large empty space I'm guessing used to house a sofa. Now there is just one chair, so one of you has to perch on the bed. The air con worked, but not very powerful, so it was a bit tovwarm but the bed was very comfy, and the pillows just right. We had dinner in the restaurant. The decor is a bit 'upmarket canteen', food portions were generous. The quality and price were about on a level with your average Harvester type restaurant. Breakfast was a limited buffet, but was good quality, especially the Cumberland sausage. This hotel is great for a stopover, doesn't pretend to be anything else, and at £24.00 a night we were happy. Would stay here again. Parking rates are a bit steep, but it is convenient.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I required a hotel overnight before a flight from Gatwick the next day, and chose the Travelodge Gatwick Central based on price. It was cheaper than the other hotels in the area, including my preferred Gatwick hotel, Premier Inn North Terminal.

The hotel is easily accessed by shuttle bus, of which there is a charge of £3 each way. Compared to some shuttle buses (i.e. Heathrow, Manchester) this is cheap and we were at the hotel from South Terminal in about 10 minutes (Travelodge is the second drop off).

The hotel has recently received the 'new' Travelodge look and is fairly nice inside. My room was on the ground floor, at the very back of the hotel in an annexe. It's a very odd layout, and at first it was hard to find my room! The rooms are not numbered logically and there are lots of corridors to navigate with some poor signage in places. However, I found it in the end.

My double room had the usual Travelodge amenities, and was well sized compared to some of their newer hotels (presumably because this was another hotel prior to Travelodge taking it on). The 'new' look is quite nice, but the rooms are still a bit sparse.

We opted for dinner in the hotel, as we've had previous experience with Travelodge bar cafes and found them to be satisfactory. There is now a meal deal (main and drink) for £9.95 which is good value considering it's a hotel. Sadly, the restaurant lets the hotel down. It's like walking into a school canteen. Very big, open, echoey and clinical. Half of the restaurant is shut off in the evening, with tables already laid for breakfast the next morning. Not sure how this would work if the restaurant was full! The food was distinctly average, compared to our previous Travelodge experiences. The food wasn't very hot when it came out, and the fish was a bit hard. Chips were nice though! Drinks prices are expensive and I wouldn't have a drink outside of the meal deal.

I had a good nights sleep, which is quite important for a hotel at an airport, and the environment was very quiet given we were in an annexe at the back of the hotel with no roads or paths bordering us. Overall, I enjoyed my stay here, but the restaurant does need looking at. I'd certainly come back, if only for the cheap room.

1  Thank DMTaylor90
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Had one nights stay here before flying from Gatwick Airport.
Room was very reasonably priced and I had a great nights sleep. Room was clean with tv and coffee/tea asking facilities. The Travellodge had a 24 hour snack and drink service which was great.
Ideal for a stop over before or after a flight. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge