“Clean, comfy, a little expensive.”

Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Horley
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here after a flight back from menorca as we were too tired to drive home. Reception extremely helpful and friendly. Rooms clean and spacious. I prrsonally think it was a little on the pricey side just for a room for the night. But overall a nice hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed here for one night both pre and post flights. I used the H2 shuttle bus to and from the hotel and airport on both occasions at £3 per journey. The check- in at the hotel was easy and the front line staff very pleasant. My rooms were standard Travelodge but at least you know what to expect each time. The beds were very comfortable and I was not disturbed by other people coming and going. I paid for any meals I wanted whilst there and they were the usual basic pub grub type. As I only paid £17 per night for my room, I really can't fault it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank andreas1925
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We booked a room here for the night as it made our coach trip cheaper (with the room and food). The cost of the room including food and a drink for 2 was only £40 so we didn't expected luxury. The rooms are standard and what you expect for the price but are clean and comfortable and quite considering there is a lot of people coming and going at all hours. The restaurant was the most soulless place you could imagine and resembled a school canteen. The food was really bad but again we weren't expecting anything amazing considering the price. I have to say though if you are going to eat there book and pay in advance because it would be terrible to pay full price for the food. We got what we expected at a very reasonable price but I wouldn't eat there again.

1  Thank Natalie M
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stayed for one night following a late night arrival at Gatwick. We arrived at around 3 am and the staff were cheerful and helpful. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. There are no frills and the hotel is inexpensive but it doesn't feel at all cheap. Everything was clean, modern and in good order. Would defintely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Had an early morning flight so decided to stay overnight near to airport. This hotel is very close to North terminal and only about a mile from South. There is a large car-park which costs £7.50 which had plenty of room although the website said it was full. Reception was very friendly and checking in was quick and easy. The room was huge and amazingly quiet- couldn't hear airport, road or guest noise.

We ate in the restaurant and the food was adequate, typical pub food. There was a 10 minute queue to order food, only two girls on the bar who had to serve drinks and take all the orders. The food took an hour to arrive. There only seemed to be one girl serving a large busy restaurant. Presumably they were equally understaffed in the kitchen. Fortunately a bottle of wine was only £9.70 and we were not in a hurry.

All in all it was good value for money- we paid £24 for the room and it only took 2 minutes to drive to the terminal in the morning. The room was spotless and we got a good night's sleep.

Will probably use again if I have to fly from Gatwick in the future.

2  Thank jsdmr2
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I was very pleased when I found this Travelodge for a short overnight stay for an early flight, as we would only be using the room from 7pm until 3.30am, for only £17.00.
The parking was another £7.50 which I did find to be quite a high price, but didn't mind too much as the room rate was so low.
It was close to both Gatwick and our off-airport car park so is in a great location.
As we only needed it for a very short sleep, I didn't need or expect anything glamorous.
The Staff on the front desk were friendly and check-in and out was quick an easy.
The room itself was very spacious, the bed comfy and it was extremely clean.
However my sleep was not so good. It was very noisy (not due to planes as I didn't hear any of those) but due to people in neighbouring rooms and the corridors - we heard a lot of banging doors and people talking, along with the heating/air con unit turning itself on in the middle of the night, even after we pressed the 'off' button it continued to make a very loud noise throughout the night and it wasn't ideal when we were trying to catch as much sleep as we could before our very early morning wake up for the flight!
That said, as it was such good value for money and only a short stay it was nothing too major; I did check the site closer to the date and the price had increased by over double - I would not have been happy paying that for it, but for the £17.00 you can't grumble too much.

1  Thank GreenBeaver
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed here on the night before my flight.On arrival everything lovely at the bargain price.I asked about walking to the airport as on the website it said it was within walking distance.Unfortunately it would have been on a main road with no path.I therefore had to pay £6 each way for the shuttle bus.I then decided to eat in the restaurant which was a big mistake.The food was awful.Burger was like cardboard in a stale roll.Chips were on the cool side to say the least.Barbecue sauce was the best part of the meal.I also paid £60 for parking ,to come back to a parking ticket on the car.On telling the hotel I then had the hassle of having to E-mail the parking company to cancel the ticket which I found very distressing. Will pay the price to stay in a good guest house in future.

2  Thank Judith S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Airport Inn Gatwick
Airport Inn Gatwick
#8 of 11 in Horley
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Gatwick Corner House Hotel
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel
BLOC Hotel Gatwick Airport

Been to Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central? Share your experiences!