“A positive surprise”

Dining options: Breakfast
London, United Kingdom
“A positive surprise”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I always avoid eating at airport eateries (with exception of perhaps Palace in Schiphol Amsterdam, or Gordons at LHR), but I had a long day of flying ahead of me, and waiting for gate listing at Gatwick just for tad too long, so decided give Armadillo a shot. With expectations super low, I was pleasantly surprised of how efficient and speedy the service was, how excellent freshly squeezed fruit juice cocktail was, not to mention probably the best mixed omelette/frittata I had in a while. Mine was (minus cheese) mushroom, peppers and potato egg concoction that was as huge as it was tasty. The surrounds are pleasant, overall not a bad experience at all, and if I ever find myself hungry and stuck at Gatwick I shall give this a try again.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank l-globetrotter

• Polish first
Gibraltar
“Fast pre-flight food at Gatwick Airport”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Fab for that big holiday starter breakfast,or mexican food and burgers.Staff always polite,service fast.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank SallyGibraltar
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Overpriced, avoid if possible”
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Lets be honest here - airports have a pretty captive audience so you expect to be price gouged from the outset. It's just such a depressing reality that the food & service are dreadful here too. Though the place was mostly empty (it was late on a Sunday), we were studiously ignored by the waiters who were too busy chatting amongst themselves & refilling ketchup bottles to take our order. When we did finally catch their attention the food was ordered and arrived quickly. Hmmmm where do I start...avoid the cocktails, over sweetened with no discernible alcohol. Avoid the chicken quesadilla...in fact I think the only part of the meal I enjoyed was the tortilla chips & salsa. Though unfortunately this was all I could taste for the next 24 hrs. Euuuww. Why can airport food not aspire to greater standards?

upminster
“Armadillo Cafe and Grill at Gatwick Airport”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Friendly welcome and interesting menu. I had a tasty Sierra Benedict for breakfast before flight to Dubai. Attention to cleanliness evident. Nice ambience.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Peter J
london
“Great staff - helpful and very friendly”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I needed a gluten free meal - the restaurant didn't have one of those charts that make life easy to highlight what us anti-gluten-types can/cannot eat

But the manager came direct to the table, offered me a few suggestions and we're all sorted

And I had a great prawn, chorizo and grilled chicken salad

Fingers crossed the chorizo was gluten free!

2 Thank ernestjames