“Stayed here pre Flight”

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Horley
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Stayed here pre Flight”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Stayed here a fortnight ago before we traveled from Gatwick. Rooms were as you expect clean, comfy, spacious. Staff were friendly too. We used the bus shuttle service which picked us up and dropped us off right outside the hotel think it cost £3 each way.

Room Tip: Avoid 404 if you can its outside the elevator and we were woken by some drunks in middle of the nigh...
Dear Anthony F

Thank you for your review and I am very pleased to read that everything was to your liking. I will share your kind comments with the team.

Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Polish first
Weymouth, Dorset
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Excellent for a one night stay and parking before flying out of a Gatwick North Terminal. The room was very nice, clean and comfortable. We used the restaurant, it was ok. Parking is in a multi storey which is fine but very tight. I would stay again!
If you use the Taxi Service Phone in the Lobby it is only £6 to the airport which is same price as bus.

Southampton
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Stayed one night for a 6am flight. The room was very good and we were impressed with the bar & restaurant. We paid £90 for one night and a weeks parking in the long stay car park, plus we paid £20 upfront for £23 to spend on a meal. I thought I was leaving the car in the 'long stay' as soon as we arrived but we parked at the hotel and drove to the 'long stay' at 4am, which worked out well as we could leave our overnight bits in the car, and as we did day before check-in it we didn't have big cases to carry. We got a bar code to get us out of the car park and it all worked out really well. The long stay car park is a little bit out of the way and you may have to drive around to find a space & then wait for the bus, so allow 15 -20 minutes for this.

1 Thank Fidget50
Dear Guest
I am pleased to hear that you found our location and services great for you.
Once again, Thank you for staying with us and choosing our hotel for your stay, we hope to welcome you back soon.
Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We booked to stay here for one night (which in fact turned out to be just a few hours after a flight delay) after our return from our holiday, after previously parking our car here the week before.

We arrived at check-in at 3.30am after spending 5 hours in Arrecife airport! The check-in was going smoothly until my husband asked the man behind the reception desk the process for exiting the car park in the morning. The man then said that we had not paid for parking and showed us the 'per day' rates that we would need to pay. I insisted that we had paid (and the little slip he gave us to sign even said "park and stay - 8 days" on it) but he said that the system were closed now so he couldn't double-check so we'd have to come back to reception in the morning to sort it out.

So off we went to our room feeling extremely tired and more than a little agitated! The room itself was spacious and comprised of a double bed and a set of bunk beds. The bathroom was also of a good size and had toiletries provided.

After a good night's sleep we woke up and checked out at 10am, the man behind the reception desk this time was able to find our booking and confirmed that the parking had been paid for in full -- so all that stress earlier in the morning had been for nothing!

Despite the slight hiccup with the receptionist, we would definitely stay here again as it is perfectly located for the airport, the car park is on site so you don't have to worry about where your car is being taken to and the rooms are fit for purpose!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Happypandauk
Jack C, Manager at Airport Inn Gatwick, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
DEAR GUEST
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. It is always a joy to hear guests have enjoyed their stay. Even after a small confusion with your parking package, I am pleased to hear that you found our location and services great for you.
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here on the 25th May due to an early flight from Gatwick the next day, and found it to be a lovely hotel. We were unsure of what to expect as we had never stayed in any Britannia Hotels before but had seen that the hotel had very few bad reviews so thought we would give it a chance- we are glad we did!

Check in was easy, and our room was good for one night. The bed was slightly on the small side but for one night it really didn't matter and the bed itself was comfy! The bar area was lovely and we had some dinner here- my only slight comment is that I ordered a bacon & cheese beef burger that came without cheese and a Malibu and Coke that came without Malibu! But I didn't say anything as mistakes happen and it truly wasn't a big deal, it was amusing! My partner had a chicken Caesar salad and said it was the best he has ever had! I also was not asked when I checked in to leave an imprint of a card and then found I couldn't charge things to the room, but the lady in the bar took my partners card and kept it safe as a guarantee for our tab until we had finished eating and drinking so this also was fine.

All in all, a really nice stay, easy to get to the airport and we will definitely return if we fly from Gatwick again!!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FrozenPrincess22
Jack C, Manager at Airport Inn Gatwick, responded to this review, August 15, 2014

Berkshire United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I satyed at this hotel for 1 night before a very early flight, I caught the hotel bus from Gatwick North which was there when I arrived, it took me to the hotel door, check in was very quick, my room was really nice with everything you needed. I did not eat in the hotel but took the short walk to a very large Tesco's down the road, where I also managed to change some currency for no fee.
In the morning the bus arrived at 4am as stated. Everything was really smooth and for £45.00 a night for two its a bargain

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Ingatestone, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stayed one overnight with a (very) early departure to Gatwick. Very convenient location with good bus service to the terminals. (Cost £3.00 per person). The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful and the evening meal was reasonable. Hint - watch the restaurant closing time if you arrive late. Very good value for money but left too early for breakfast.
Would use again for a Gatwick one nighter.

Dear Guest
I am pleased to hear that you found our location and services great for you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
BLOC Hotel Gatwick Airport
Ibis London Gatwick Airport
Hampton by Hilton London Gatwick Airport

Been to Airport Inn Gatwick? Share your experiences!