“Excellent Choice”

Airport Inn Gatwick
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Horley
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I picked this hotel for the day before flying and 15 days parking as we were travelling down from Manchester.
I must say when we got the notification that the hotel had changed hands I was hoping that our choice was still a good one. I had nothing to worry about.....
On checking in we were allocated our room that was clean and maintained. As it was a Sunday evening and after a long drive we decided to have walk into the town which is about a 10 - 15 min walk, and had a drink at one of the pubs there. On returning back to the hotel we decided to have a meal in the Restaurant 2 for £29.99 excellent value, food was good and full of flavor. We asked if we could have a late check out as our flight wasnt until the evening, that was no problem. The car was in an underground car park which meant the car was dry for the 2 weeks we were away.
On returning back in England we decided to have another night at the hotel, as after a early morning start at our resort and then a 8.5hr flight I didnt want to drive another 4 hrs in the late evening. We ate again at the hotel and the food was fantastic, just what we needed after the long journey. Again checking in was no problem, room clean and what we expected, breakfast on both mornings was mega! May I say Sue West is an excellent host in the restaurant and has the place looking and working very well. Thanks to her it made our beginning and end to our holiday memorable.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BlueRe
Write a ReviewReviews (1,286)

Reviewed January 23, 2014

This is a Gem ,do NOT be deceived by the outside. Parking was easy and hassle free. All staff are excellent, especially at reception .The inside is clean,modern and up to date, even drink / meal prices good especially for airport/London. We were going to walk to Pub for food, don't bother, food is good in Hotel. The room was better than expected and pleasant plus very quiet. Using this Hotel next time.

Room Tip: Ask Reception, we had 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank captaintimr
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Nice clean friendly hotel, first class transfer to park and ride long stay car park, friendly staff great food, next time we fly via Gatwick their is no question that this is where we would stay, one of our group was late and nothing was to much trouble, reception was very helpful.

Room Tip: for a hotel with a long stay park included, dont look any where else, this is great
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Stayed here before and after our flight from Gatwick South Terminal leaving our car in the hotel car park £7 a day and using the airport transfer bus £3 each way. The hotel has had a recent refurbishment in the lobby and bar area which is very retro - yellows, oranges, browns and lots of connections to airport life - which I do actually like and think is stylish. Reception was very professional and friendly and gave us information on the hotel, thank you Grace you did a good job there and should loose that trainee badge soon! Breakfast on our first stay was buffet style and as previous reviewers have mentioned it consisted of all the usual breakfast items, and on our return stay it was plated due to lack of guests. The staff were attentive and polite. Bar snacks in the evening were good with an excellent choice and good portion sizes, however the service needs to be stepped up a bit. No table service, even when clearing used glasses from the table (may I get you more drinks? could have resulted in a sale), gave our order for 6 drinks at the bar, had to ask for a tray, and after giving our food order told where to collect the cutlery and sauces, and then the food was delivered on an old black trolley! Not really what I would have expected but hey-ho maybe I'm being too picky. The hotel has recently changed hands so will be interesting to see what happens.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank bazjs
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed in this hotel in December 2013 prior to a flight from Gatwick the next day.

The multi storey car park is attached to the side of the hotel which is ideal. Check in was easy and quick - the receptionists are polite & helpful.

The room was clean and sufficient for what we needed - bed, TV, shower, tea & coffee. The bed was quite hard but was ok for just the one night.

We really enjoyed our meal in the hotel restaurant - definitely worth a visit.

The hotel has a live board of flight information as well as baggage scales which we found to be useful.

There are airport transfers every 15 minutes from the entrance of the hotel at a cost of £3 per person. It says that it only takes 5 minutes to get to the north terminal but it is worth allowing extra time as it took us about 15 minutes (the bus stops at other hotels along the way).

Overall this was good value for money and would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TTT1_19
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel quite a few times before but this time I was very disappointed. The hotel is starting to look very tired. Check in was quick and the staff were very polite.

My room was clean but again very tired, the sink had a crack as did some of the floor tiles. The beds are comfortable but I did feel cold and could not alter the temperature of the room. Then, at about 4 in the morning the heating came on and I was too hot because I couldn't alter the air conditioning temperature.

Breakfast as per usual was very good. It is served buffet style with plenty of choice of hot and cold food and you can ask for eggs cooked different ways. You can have juices, tea and coffee.

Check out was quick and easy.

Would I recommend this hotel to a friend? Possibly

Would I stay here again? Possibly

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank taffydi
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We stayed here overnight prior to an early morning flight. We parked no bother in the hotel's multi-storey; at £7 a day it would have been cost-effective to leave the car here during our five-day trip, but we'd already made other arrangements. The hotel reception was busy when we arrived, but the FoH manager sought my eye and mouthed that he wouldn't keep us waiting long. And he didn't. Our room was clean and spacious; the shower-room was clean also. We arrived fairly late and were departing early, so I can't comment on the hotel's food or even room service. Check-out was carried out efficiently and it took us just five minutes to drive to Gatwick South Terminus. I'll happily stay here again if ever I have an early morning flight from South Terminus.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ian W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
Gatwick Corner House Hotel
1 mi away
BLOC Hotel Gatwick Airport
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport South (London Road) Hotel

Been to Airport Inn Gatwick? Share your experiences!