“An excellent place to stop over or stay for a few days”

Airport Inn Gatwick
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Horley
Durras North, Australia
“An excellent place to stop over or stay for a few days”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Excellent location, easily accessible to Gatwick Airport with staff with excellent customer service. Breakfasts are excellent and takeaway is well worth the effort. Buses traverse regularly to Gatwick and cheaper taxi service offered to Heathrow airport. I travel alot so my expectations are never really high. A clean room, reasonable prices, safe power connections, the choice of Wifi or Not. I tick each of these boxes.

Room Tip: If you want to go shopping, make sure that you have a car.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
QMHManager, Resident Manager at Airport Inn Gatwick, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments down for us.

I’m very pleased to read that your recent stay with us was a comfortable and enjoyable one. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel then next time you’re in Gatwick.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Polish first
Kettering, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 23, 2012

stayed here for one night very basic no frills hotel. Exspensive food etc thoe. Good point close to airport and macdonalds. Would if had to use again free wifi but i could not connect for some reason. Also remember to get a ticket from reception if you leave the hotel in your car or you wont get back in.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your time with us.

I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Palma
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Reception was speedy but uninformtive unless you asked, but helpful when you did so.
The room 508 was quite small, with a broken electric socket as soon as you walked in, a loose shaver socket (both dangerous ! )and a dodgy bath panel, and the shelf where the kettle was, was unwiped down from the previous resident. Not pleasing to the eye. There was a BIG Christmas party overtaking the bar on arrival, which was to be expected at this time of year, but despite that the food service was quick. Unfortunately, the main course came in massive portions but was not good at all, tho' the starters which were very good; soggy onion rings, rock hard peas, oversalted gammon, a tiny helping of chili with a massive bowl of nachos, we had to help ourselves to sauces and condiments. The breakfast compared very poorly to nearly every hotel we've ever stayed at. Service was always friendly, but general impression is there are much better and less expensive....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

I’m sorry to read that you seem to have found your stay disappointing. I am pleased that you found our service and team members to be friendly and professional at all times. I am sorry for the condition you found both your room and your meal and I assure you all your comments have been taken on board for further consideration.

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I spent few hours at the hotel while waiting for my early morning flight. The reason why I chose this hotel was because of the price, the location near the airport, and you get free wifi.
The room itself is ok, in my case 2 small beds, where you could feel the springs in your back :)
The room itself looks old, and probably needs some modernization, but as I stated, is a hotel where most likely you are going to spend a few hours.
The room was clean, and calm, which is good.
The hotel is close to the airport, and you have a bus shuttle that leaves from Gatwick North/South terminals every 15 minutes.
What I didn't like is that you ended up spending £6 in the return trip to/from the hotel. I think that kind of service should be provided for free, or at a cheaper rate.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,

I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel to be clean and comfortable and I hope you got a good night’s sleep. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel then next time you’re in Gatwick.

Cheshire, UK
Reviewed December 20, 2012

stayed overnight very convient for the airport has a shuttel bus to both terminals but local taxi costs £6. Room was ok wiht comfortable bed and claen bathroom swans made out of towels on arrival space can be limited inside if you have more then 2 large suticases but with lugage restriction with mist of the airlines this is highly unlikely.
Plenty of space in the multi storey car park. they do charge extra £7 / night but in our case it was included in the room price which we had a good deal on booking just 1w before travelling.
staff were friendly and 24h petrol station with shop so you can get suppleis from there if needed.
just make sure you done miss the entrance as it is a bit hidden just after the petrol station trun left

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your time with us.

I’m very pleased to read that you found our hotel to be comfortable with friendly team members. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

VickyPunchaye
Spennymoor, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here after an eleven hour flight and was grateful that there was no wait for the bus to the hotel from the airport, the room we had was small but comfortable and clean, would definitely use this hotel again if traveling from Gatwick, although we thought £12 for a breakfast was excessive the hotel itself was fine.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

I’m very pleased to read that you found our hotel to be the perfect pick-me-up you needed after such a long flights. I hope to welcome you back when you next travel from Gatwick,

Spain
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Stayed here for a night having returned from a long haul from Dubai. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. Free wifi is available throughout the hotel and in the rooms. We had 4 devices and reception gave us a username/password for each. The room was clean and the bed was very comfy. All your free digital channels were available on the TV. The 'help yourself' full English breakfast (£12 each) was well worth it and set us up for the day ahead of our next flight to Spain. The ladies at breakfast were very helpful and friendly although the young lad looked like he'd been out on the lash all night and was about as helpful as an ashtray on a motorbike. Late check-out is available, we opted for 2pm which was perfect for us. The shuttle bus pulls up at the door and takes you to either Gatwick terminal for £3. Will definitely stay here next time. Having tried a handful of hotels scattered around Gatwick this is the best to date. Nothing was a problem here.

Room Tip: Ask for a username/password for each internet enabled device that you want to use.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your time with us.

I’m very pleased to read such a great review of our hotel. I’m glad everything was perfect for you and that you found our team members to be extremely friendly and helpful. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Resident Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
BLOC Hotel Gatwick Airport
Ibis London Gatwick Airport
Gatwick Corner House Hotel

Been to Airport Inn Gatwick? Share your experiences!