“Pleasant stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Horley
Alcalali, Spain
“Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

The hotel was efficient and the staff helpful. We enjoyed the restaurant meals we had very much. The only problem we had was that Gala Hotels sent the documentation with Travelodge on it instead of Holiday Inn where we had been booked in so this caused us problems registering both times we stayed!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Catherine J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear Andrew H

Thank you for your very nice review.

I am sorry that you had problems with your booking. Please feel free to book direct with the Hotel in the future or on the IHG website.

Catherine James

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Mandurah, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

We have stayed at this Holiday Inn twice now, having previously had an extremely bad experience at the Hilton, Gatwick. We usually book in here the night before flying and leave the car in their carpark for the two weeks we are gone. The hotel is always clean with efficient staff. The room is clean and quiet with a comfortable bed and good shower. Meals at the hotel can be bar or restaurant. As the menu is the same in either we ate in the bar area. There are call buttons on the table but we did not have to use them as the waiters/tresses were there whenever we signalled. The food was good and reasonably priced. Unfortunately, as one who enjoys cask ale, there is nothing worth drinking in the bar as far as I am concerned. We had a good pre holiday stay and will stay there again next time

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 66Bill2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor.

We were delighted to read you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

Stayed last night there before flying to Marseille. Wanted to have dinner. We had the order taken straight away but we had to wait over 30mins to get the drinks delivered then a further 10mins to get the starter. The restaurant was slightly busy but all table were on dessert when we arrive. The hostess was hoovering around without actively helping, the whole floor was full of dirty tables. Not really welcoming. Fortunately the starters were good (risotto and mushrooms), the mains(chicken) were moist but soaked too much in Bbq sauce - dessert brilliant. Luckily the trainee Oksana was really sweet and smiley and made up the wait, but we would have appreciate an apology from the management for the waiting time Or maybe comp drinks would have been nice. Lastly the Spanish lady Gema was really nice and helpful.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Catherine J, Manager at Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear Ephylyos (London)

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn London Gatwick Airport.

I can assure you that your valuable comments will be taken up with the Food and Beverage Manager.

I would however like to take this opportunity to thank you for your positive comments regarding the two members of staff that stood out to you. It is always encouraging to get such feedback for both the staff and Management.

We do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back in the future

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

We booked a well priced, 21 night park & fly deal via the website. Hotel is a 10-15 minute hoppa bus ride from the airport (£3 per adult, £1.50 child, one way - you can buy tickets at reception).

Carpark was busy (there were several Xmas parties happening) but we still found a space relatively easily.

Reception staff were all very friendly and helpful and we checked in very quickly.

Room was dated in decor, but was spotlessly clean, was set up correctly (beds for kids were made up) and had everything we needed (plenty of tea/coffee/milk pods/sugar and plenty of soaps /shampoos in the bathroom).

Despite there being a lot of Xmas parties, with many party guests staying over we all had a good nights sleep and the hotel served its purpose very well.

The car was available upon our return without any issues.

Overall a good experience - the public areas seemed a lot more modern and up to date than the rooms but overall the package was great value for money and was incredibly convenient for the airport. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Richard N
Dear pmas53

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport.

We were delighted to read you found the hotel to be convenient for the airport and other facilities and you found the staff to be friendly.

Your valuable comments regarding the details in the room will be taken up with our Head Housekeeper.

I do hope we can look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Staff just couldn't be bothered. The manager was so busy bossing the trainee in the restaurant she didn't realise how rude she was being to us. They ran out of spare ribs at 8 pm, then offered us burgers with slices of bread as they ran out of baps. More than three families asked to have the tv channel changed in the lounge but because 4 men in the bar were watching football, they refused to even consider changing the channel. Strictly come dancing final and we were stuck with football, the whole evening.They forgot our drinks. The trainee did a great job but Irana was not good nor the staff behind the bar.

Stayed December 2013
Catherine J, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear Trevor S

Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay.

I was very sorry to read about your experience in the Restaurant and Lounge. I will be taking your valuable comments up with the Food & Beverage Manager.

I can only apologise that you were not able to watch the TV programme you requested in the lounge.

I do hope this does not deter you from booking to stay with us again in the future. If there is anything else I can help you with please contact me directly at the Hotel.

Tiverton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

I was moved to this hotel by my hotel supplier as the original one I booked closed so I didn't choose the hotel.
On arrival parking was clearly hit and miss and pretty chaotic. I paid £10 to park overnight but it seemed to be a free for all and I would imagine most guests didn't admit at check in (like I did) that they were parking in the car park.
The room was far from sparklingly clean. Long hairs in the bath and bed, dirty spoons and cups.
I had major hassle with the free wifi as an IHG Elite member. It didn't work for me when I entered my details on the webpage and when I contacted Reception they offered to contact the IT company. I received a phone call back and transferring me to the Company who eventually gave me the complimentary connection but this took around 30 minutes to resolve. On check out the Receptionist tried to bill me for the call!
I didn't bother eating at the hotel and the luxury of taking breakfast in the room would have set me back around £20 which includes the stupid tray charge.
No complimentary newspapers or any real feeling of a welcome at the hotel. Staff and management have a lot to improve on before I return.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear UKIan

Thank you for writing your review following your stay at the Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport.

I was so sorry to read your review. I would like to investigate this further. Please could you contact me directly on 01293 787691.

I look forward to hearing from you.

surrey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

Stayed here for one night. Certainly very convenient for airport and other facilities. Friendly at Reception and got the room I had requested. But the remote didn't work, there was no list of TV/radio channels, the basin didn't empty, there was poor lighting, and new light was delivered but no socket to plug it into! At that point I gave up and went to bed! At least I had booked on-line and not paid £220. Quietest rooms at far end of corridor if you don't have a very early flight.

Room Tip: If not early flight then ask for a room at the far end of the corridor