“I won't be back”

Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Horley
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Date of stay 21st June 2013
I had booked an overnight stay with 2 weeks parking on-line. My booking was secured by credit card and when we arrived at hotel I paid the bill with the card I had used for the booking. By the time we got o our room the fraud division of my credit card company contacted me to ask if I had just used my credit card and advised me of the amount taken, which was £50 more than the actual booking cost. I went back to check in desk to be informed that it was to cover any additional costs. I explained that any additional costs would be paid for in cash and if they intend to add an additional £50 they should have made me aware at time of checking in. If Holiday Inns intend to continue this practise then they need to train their staff accordingly and put signs on the check in desk advising guests.
The hotel looks tired public areas are dingy and need decorating.
The room was adequate but not up to standard of other Holiday Inns I have stayed at. We did not eat or drink in the hotel so cannot comment on standard of for or service.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Dear Mark D,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Gatwick Airport Horley, England. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions. I have always booked the car parking package. My last stay was at the beginning of June. There are four aspects that an airport hotel has to offer.

1. EASE OF PARKING - The whole process from arriving at hotel and checking the car in is very easy. My car has always been treated well and have never had any problems leaving the car at this hotel. It should be noted that you have to leave your car keys with the hotel during your holiday. The car is moved whilst you are away but I believe only a short distance. My car has always been ready for me on return and you can be on theroad within a few minutes of returning to thehotel following your holiday.

2. ROOMS - The rooms are fairly standard. They are clean. The beds are comfortable. I would recommend using the "pillow menu" and getting your personal choice of pillow for a comfortable nights sleep.

3. RESTAURANT- The restaurant is based on the ground floor near the bar. It serves a standard grill type menu. There is a great deal of choice and unfortunately the food can be greasy. You can also get food in the bar next door. The service in the restaurant can be sporadic depending on how busy it is.

4. TRANSFER BUS - Be warned the number of hotels that the transfer bus that serves the hotel has recently been changed. Up until very recently the transfer bus only called at two hotels. It now calls at three. The holiday inn is the last hotel for pick ups. I had an early flight and expected to easily get on the bus at 4:30am. Imagine my surprise when the bus turned up all ready three quarters full. This meant that not everyone waiting could get on the bus. Everyone had a flight to catch and there was a great deal of anger and disappointment. The driver highlighted that another bus would be along in 15 minutes. The problem is with thr holiday inn being last on the circuit there is now noguarantee that this will not be a regukar occurrence. This may affect me booking with the hotel again. The only reason for staying is to make it easier to get to the airport and if this is no longer possible what is the point?

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lift. In this way you are not disturbed by tge banging of doors as peop...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sunseeker999
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear sunseeker999,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. I am pleased that we have hosted you on a number of visits and our parking situation was convenient for your needs. However, I am disappointed that the transfer bus situation was an inconvenience. We take all reviews negative or positive very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Pam G

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed for just 1 night prior to heading off to Alicante early the next morning. The hotel was very clean and comfortable and we had also arranged to leave the car parked there during our holiday in Spain. This was easy and handled very well. When on our return my car would not start they were very helpful and provided jump leads and we were off in seconds. Airport shuttle bus is extra but it was a good, easy and quick service. Did not eat anything there as we arrived late and had a very early flight to catch. I would certainly use again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Luke S, Manager at Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank You for you great review. We are glad that we were able to assist with your car and that you enjoyed your stay.

Adrian
PA to General Manager

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Clean, older building. Staff very helpful & professional. Needs air conditioning to keep up with competition. Very kind to let us in hours earlier, without additional charge. Good stop over for airport. Easy shuttle service to & from airport (pick up & drop off right at hotel door, 3 pound per person. Can buy tickets from bus driver or from hotel front desk). Hotel also provides a park & fly service. Variety of food choices available on site.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank McBeaver
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear Cathy M,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It is wonderful to know you appreciated our hotel, the service you received and the food choices. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs & expectations and on this occasion we apologize for your disappointment with the air conditioning at our property. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Thank you again for your review and have a wonderful day!

Karen C

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Very convenient to spend a night at this hotel and leave your car there for 15 days.Great value for money.A nice and clean room with tea making kit etc.But the terminal bus does not come in the price,to drop yours and your partners case off the day before your flight allow another £24.00 for all coach trips.
The food at this hotel is very expensive for pub grub,something like £12.00 for burger and chips.Next time we use this hotel we will have a picnic,bar prices are very reasonable.
Very convenient,we previously used the Europa,this hotel is far, far better.

Room Tip: As a one off I am unable to specify but I would want an east facing room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cuzco48
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear cuzco48,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry We fell below your expectation regarding the shuttle service arrangement. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We booked this hotel (2 rooms) for the night before our 10 day holiday in Florida.

We arrived quite late and check in was smooth with no problems at all. We went straight to our rooms which were clean and well laid out. We had requested adjacent rooms which we did not get but the rooms were only a few doors apart so there was no issue as it was only for one night.

We ate in the Hotel at the Hub and the food was very good, as was the service. We could not fault it.

The parking arrangements were as arranged and I could not find any fault with the hotel whatsoever.

On returning to the hotel our car was parked in the pick up area and was in the same condition it had been left in.

I would definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Luke S, Manager at Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank You for your great review! We appreciate your feedback and are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

Adrian
PA to General Manager

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed here after a late flight meant I could not take the Gatwick Express into London. Booked the room the day before on Late Rooms and got a decent deal. Taking the bus from the airport was fairly straight forward, just need to wait for half an hour after midnight for the bus but the jourmey is only 10 minutes.

The room was clean enough and there was plenty space. The bathroom in particluar was well equiped and the shower/bath was new and modern. Check in was quick and service was generally fine. However it is a little dated and being an airport hotel there is noise with people coming and going during the night (like me!). However, it was listed as a 4* - think it is more a decent 3*.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear FamilleMac,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback about our hotel. We are truly delighted you liked our clean and spacious rooms. Please accept my apologies for any noise that kept you awake during your stay and condition of the property that was less than satisfactory. Rest assured, your review will be forwarded to the appropriate departments and will be used to reconsider improvements needed.

Thank you again for your comments. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

Zelyn N
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Airport Inn Gatwick
Airport Inn Gatwick
#8 of 11 in Horley
Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central
Sofitel London Gatwick
BLOC Hotel Gatwick Airport
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport? Share your experiences!