I have stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions. I have always booked the car parking package. My last stay was at the beginning of June. There are four aspects that an airport hotel has to offer.
1. EASE OF PARKING - The whole process from arriving at hotel and checking the car in is very easy. My car has always been treated well and have never had any problems leaving the car at this hotel. It should be noted that you have to leave your car keys with the hotel during your holiday. The car is moved whilst you are away but I believe only a short distance. My car has always been ready for me on return and you can be on theroad within a few minutes of returning to thehotel following your holiday.
2. ROOMS - The rooms are fairly standard. They are clean. The beds are comfortable. I would recommend using the "pillow menu" and getting your personal choice of pillow for a comfortable nights sleep.
3. RESTAURANT- The restaurant is based on the ground floor near the bar. It serves a standard grill type menu. There is a great deal of choice and unfortunately the food can be greasy. You can also get food in the bar next door. The service in the restaurant can be sporadic depending on how busy it is.
4. TRANSFER BUS - Be warned the number of hotels that the transfer bus that serves the hotel has recently been changed. Up until very recently the transfer bus only called at two hotels. It now calls at three. The holiday inn is the last hotel for pick ups. I had an early flight and expected to easily get on the bus at 4:30am. Imagine my surprise when the bus turned up all ready three quarters full. This meant that not everyone waiting could get on the bus. Everyone had a flight to catch and there was a great deal of anger and disappointment. The driver highlighted that another bus would be along in 15 minutes. The problem is with thr holiday inn being last on the circuit there is now noguarantee that this will not be a regukar occurrence. This may affect me booking with the hotel again. The only reason for staying is to make it easier to get to the airport and if this is no longer possible what is the point?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Gatwick Airport combines an excellent range of facilities and services for both the business and leisure travellers, including High Speed Internet Access, Conference and Banqueting facilities (for up to 120 delegates). Why not book Park, Stay and Go next time you fly from Gatwick. Click here.The Holiday Inn Gatwick Airport offers Exclusive Airport Parking / Long term parking packages with accommodation known as Park, Stay and Go packages. The Holiday Inn Gatwick Airport is ideally located at Jct 9a of the M23 and with easy links to the M25, A23 and A217, as well as being only half a mile from Gatwick Airport (with a shuttle bus running 24 hours everyday) and close to Manor Royal Industrial Estate. London is easily accessible from the Holiday Inn Gatwick Airport via the Gatwick Express to London Victoria leaving every 30 minutes. The Holiday Inn Gatwick Airport is an ideal choice if you are looking to stay in an Airport Hotel or looking for a hotel in one of the surrounding areas, for example, in Brighton, Surrey or even a London.Kids Eat & Stay Free**Terms and Conditions apply ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Gatwick Airport Hotel Horley
- Gatwick Airport Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Horley
- Horley Holiday Inn