“Grear location for early morning flights.”

Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Horley
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Nice comfortable stay here. Nothing special but we had a.great deal with carparking so absolutely no complaints will use again.
The coach transfer was fast and paid for when we checked in.
On return the coach was waiting and at reception swift service getting car keys.
No hassle at all..

• Stayed: December 2012
Luke S, Manager at Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank You for your great review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Luke Sturman - Operations Manager

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We had an early morning flight, the hotel was clean, spacious & everything was smooth & easy. Check in & check out were quick & easy. the bus to the terminal in the morning was punctual & easy to use. I think we were expecting some additional stress so made a lovely surprise that it was all ok. Would use again.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SamGC
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The meet and greet was very good and the room although not the height of luxury was clean and comfortable. However the restaurant failed to achieve average. The service was extremely slow and the food, nearly average. Had it not been for the head waiter smoothing the giant cracks in the staffs failings we would have left before the first course arrived.
The experience was probably not one I would be in any hurry to repeat but, because of its location it was convenient for an early flight.
There is every chance that we caught the hotel on a bad day for whatever reason, but it was disappointing

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear PapaFish,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the rooms.

However, We’re sorry you received poor service from our restaurant staff which was unacceptable. We will review these point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 30, 2013

After my stay at the awful HI at Gloucester I swore I would never stay at another. However, IHG guest care saw fit to refund the money for that stay so I decided to stick with the brand. I have to say, I'm glad I did. I have now stayed at the HI Gatwick Worth, the Gatwick Crowne Plaza and now this hotel. This HI was definitely the best of the three. Check in was fast and very efficient. The very friendly receptionist took time to fully explain all about the hotel and provided an upgrade. The room was clean, comfortable and well maintained. The shuttle bus for the airport is far more frequent here than the other two hotels and it is also a lot closer to the terminals. I didn't get to try the food so I can't comment on that. All in all this hotel offered great value for money with parking for 4 days included. They also offer a park and fly club which offers great discounts on parking, rooms and food on future stays. I would have no hesitation in staying here next time I fly from Gatwick.

1  Thank Andy C
Luke S, Manager at Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank You for your great review. We are very grateful you chose to stay again within the brand and are very happy to hear we have met your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you again!

Luke Sturman - Operations Manager

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Recently stayed at this Hotel (Thursday 3/01/2013) which we booked with Holiday Extras. Paid £87 for overnight stop (day before departure as we had 08.30 flight) and included 15 odd days parking (can't remember exactly how many as we only wanted it for 8)

Room we felt was OK - at the end of the day a room is a room isn't it?. Hotel's can't offer much more than that. Room was clean which is the main thing and clean bathroom with toiletries. So no complaints. Did not eat at the Hotel so can't comment. It the end of the day it is an Airport Hotel - so it is only somewhere to put your head down for the night.

Only complaint we were not advised prior to booking that they want to take your car keys - I refused to leave my keys and there was no issue. We had this issue at another Holiday Inn we stayed at.

Frequent shuttle bus - only complaint was coming back we were advised (by the bus driver) to look out for the inocrrect bus number for coming back. Apparently after 11.15pm I think it was the bus numbers change. However we managed to get on the correct one however would not have been a happy camper had we stood and waited for the one we were told to wait for as it was freezing.

On return we took our Car Park Card to reception to be validated. Waste of time as when we put it in machine on leaving car park it did not raise the arm for us to get out. Drove round (would be handy if they had clearly marked way out signs) and finaly found another way out - which did not need the Card.

Would be we stay there again - yes as so good for Garwick South.

Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Positives: cheap, beside gatwick airport, staff reasonably friendly, room warm

Negatives: To have the room warm the heating system running was extremely loud. If the tv worked you needed to turn it up loud to hear it! The bathroom was absolutely horrible. Roasting hot water & cold water come out of the sink tap in perfect symmetry & did not mix! Sink was clearly clogged, the shower dripped constantly no matter what I did. Old, cracked, dirty tiles & grout. Not that the bathroom wasn't cleaned that day it was, it was purely dirt built up over the years & use. Oh and the toilet didnt flush right. The TV didn't work but the nice chap from housekeeping got it working when I met him on the corridor but in the morning when I turned it on again it wouldn't work so I just left it. Breakfast was good. Staff were nice enough but I wasn't asked how was my stay on checkout. Just as well as I hadn't time to go thru all my complaints! And the old chestnut No Free Wifi. Perhaps rooms on other floors better but avoid rooms 117! Won't be back I'm afraid.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Frequentflyer200
Luke S, Manager at Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are very sorry to hear of your dis satisfaction with your room during your stay. We would like you to give us the opportunity to investigate further in order to bring about a resolution to this situation. Please could you e mail details, including your room number, to adrian.arnott@ihg.com.

Luke Sturman, Operations Manager

Reviewed January 24, 2013

In all other aspects the hotel was fine - located near to Gatwick airport, it provided the 21 days parking I needed while I was abroad, and has a very good shuttle service to the airport.

We booked in for one night's stay before flying, the reason being that it's nice to relax before travel and it takes away the hassle of driving to the airport on the day of the flight. Unfortunately, I wish I had spent a bit more money and stayed at one of the more upmarket hotels on airport !

I've travelled a lot, and this has to be one of the most uncomfortable nights I've spent in a hotel. Ever. The bed was very firm and the pillows were just awful. Ended up using the spare quilt as a pillow.

So, would I use Holiday Inn again ? Assuming that all hotels in the chain use the same bed/pillow combinations then "no".

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear DGC-Kiwi17,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and we are truly sorry to read that your overall stay was less than satisfactory. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay especially with the uncomfortable bed and pillows. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Airport Inn Gatwick
Airport Inn Gatwick
#8 of 11 in Horley
Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central
Sofitel London Gatwick
BLOC Hotel Gatwick Airport
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport? Share your experiences!