I booked an overnight stay at the hotel and it was far nicer than i expected.
We had to be at the airport for 3am and did not arrive at the hotel till 8pm the previous day. We booked the hotel room online and was releieved to find it was a 2minute taxi ride to the hotel as all we wanted was a place to lay our head so to speak. Upon checking in the female staff member was very inpersonal and appeared to be in a rush somehow. As we arrived we stipulated that we would have to be at the airport for 3am and asked about a bus service- she advised us of the times which i believe where every 30minutes which was helpful but she then proceded to offer us breakfast (starting at 7am)!! As we finished the check in procedure I asked if there was a smoking area within the grounds when she frowned at me and said "You have booked a Non Smoking room!" Of course i was aware of this which is why I asked about an outside area. I found this responce unecessary and promptly left the reception.
After the rude welcome we receieved we didnt expect to find much in the room but found that this was extremely clean, well presented, spacious and more than comfortable. We were very happy with our stay and it was just a shame the staff memeber we encountered let the hotel down as I'm sure the rest of the team would have been lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Gatwick Airport combines an excellent range of facilities and services for both the business and leisure travellers, including High Speed Internet Access, Conference and Banqueting facilities (for up to 120 delegates). Why not book Park, Stay and Go next time you fly from Gatwick. Click here.The Holiday Inn Gatwick Airport offers Exclusive Airport Parking / Long term parking packages with accommodation known as Park, Stay and Go packages. The Holiday Inn Gatwick Airport is ideally located at Jct 9a of the M23 and with easy links to the M25, A23 and A217, as well as being only half a mile from Gatwick Airport (with a shuttle bus running 24 hours everyday) and close to Manor Royal Industrial Estate. London is easily accessible from the Holiday Inn Gatwick Airport via the Gatwick Express to London Victoria leaving every 30 minutes. The Holiday Inn Gatwick Airport is an ideal choice if you are looking to stay in an Airport Hotel or looking for a hotel in one of the surrounding areas, for example, in Brighton, Surrey or even a London.Kids Eat & Stay Free**Terms and Conditions apply ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, IHG, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Gatwick Airport Hotel Horley
- Gatwick Airport Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Horley
- Horley Holiday Inn