“Not exactly up to standard”

Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Horley
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I stayed here for 1 night only as I had to catch an early flight. I did not expect anything special, only a comfy bed. But I was a bit annoyed when it turned out there was no hot chocolate and sugar (standard...), so I had to call room service to get some. When I wanted to have a bath, the bathtub turned out to be dirty, I cleaned it myself... When I wanted to close the curtains I saw that it was badly thorn.. I know that this hotel is supposed to accommodate people like me, staying for 1 night to catch a flight, but still...

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank bedike
Write a ReviewReviews (2,021)

Reviewed June 29, 2011

Everything you need upon arriving or in my case departing is here at the holiday inn. It's positioned near the north terminal. There is a express bus that takes you to the airport terminal.

The rooms are nice and clean and there is a handle next to the bath to aid in getting and out of the bath if needed together with a rubber mat. Highly recommend the room service when your tired. The curtains are nice and dark and the rooms are quiet. They do a buffet breaky which has everything.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Kitkat071
Reviewed June 26, 2011

On first impression the hotel looks ok. Check-in very slow. The Hub Restaurant, food nice, once it came - very slow service staff not on the ball at all. Not really thoughtful toward children, or couples without children.
Anyway the sofa bed was the worst ever - feet higher than head, uncomfortable metal bar across the neck. Noisy room.
Reception desk staff very pleasant and helpful.
I have written to Holiday Inn but I have not had a response at all.
Would not recommend at all.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank philpottfamily
Reviewed June 23, 2011

My 13 year old son and I spent one night here before our return flight from Gatwick. Our room was great- very roomy & clean. We had dinner at their Hub restaurant , where kids up to 14 eat free. Food and service were just fine.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed June 18, 2011

We stayed here the night prior to travelling to Greece. Found a parking space easily enough & check in was both speedy & professional. The room, on ground floor, had ample room for 3. Usually my daughter ends up on a camp bed, but had a 'proper' single bed. Room, including bathroom, was clean and well maintained.
We chose to eat in the bar area and hence chose meals from the bar menu, when I say 'meal' I use the term very loosely. I had mozzarella & tomato in Ciabatta, its the first time I had butter (spread very thickly) on Ciabatta, I am not a food snob but olive oil (or even nothing) would have been more in keeping. My husband chose a sort of Indian chicken dish with Indian bread, he was very hungry after eating it as it was more like an appetiser! My daughters Pizza & chips was actually a 'slice' of Pizza and about 15 chips. This was a bit of a joke considering the price!
Next morning & on our return the coach transfer was smooth & quick. On return to hotel, keys were obtained quickly, again good service & the car was where we had parked it. So in a nutshell good hotel with the exception of the food!

Room Tip: Eat elsewhere
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed here on 8th June for an early departure from Gatwick. This is our second stay this year. Will definately use again later in the year. Ideal for leaving the car, regular buses to and from the airport (£3.00 charge each way) and very helpful, polite staff. No complaints.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Stayed here as a 'room and parking' deal before an early flight. The room was fine and the bus to the airport was quick and convenient. The prices for food and drink was very high (captive audience, or perhaps the thought is that people have already started their holiday and won't cut costs). Take your own food!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank londonfoodie_11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Airport Inn Gatwick
Airport Inn Gatwick
#8 of 11 in Horley
BLOC Hotel Gatwick Airport
Gatwick Corner House Hotel
Sofitel London Gatwick

Been to Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport? Share your experiences!