Gatwick Belmont Hotel & Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
1,109 results
All reviewsshuttle servicebar restaurantone nightan early flightairport shuttlesingle roombuffet breakfastnext morninghorley stationan overnight stayfree phonefree shuttlewake up callself servicefamily roomcomfortable roomcar parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here three times and have booked for July 2013 for our 3 week trip to the States.This is not the Ritz,but then it doesn't pretend to be.The breakfast is excellent but we have not eaten an evening meal here so cannot comment on that.The shuttle to the airport is efficient and on your return just give them a ring on the free phone at Gatwick when they pick you up in about 15 mins.The best rooms in our opinion are the annexe rooms on the ground floor.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank melturn
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I stayed a couple of times with the Gatwick Belmont Hotel during my transit at Gatwick airport.. both the times i had a good experience. Room was worth the money, stable WI-FI, the breakfast was very good. the staff are very courteous and helpful and a very efficient airport drop... i would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for an affordable and efficient transit hotel in Gatwick..

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank paulchakola
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed here on the 23rd Jan. Arrived in the wee hours of the morning and was met with good humour and more help than I needed. My room wasn't overly spacious but the bed very comfortable and warm. Odd ensuite but lovely hot power shower. Left my car on site for £3.50/day and was taken to the airport and picked up again for free. The drivers to and from were wonderful and helpful and when I got back I was offered a cup of tea before continuing my journey. Just perfect - will stay here every time I need to fly from Gatwick. Amazing value.

Room Tip: Bathroom in Room 15 very strange, possible choose a different room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed in December before and after a two week holiday, leaving the car.The hotel is very close to the airport, the transfer journey being only a few minutes and leaving the car very convenient at an attractive price. For an early flight buffet continental breakfast is available seemingly through the night and was actually quite good., We ate at about 4am, a service which is not standard in many hotels. After our return we were able to have the full breakfast which again was good.
We ate in the restaurant the evening before our flight which is convenient.
Our room on the outward journey was in the annex at the side of the hotel and this was perfectly adequate. On our return we had a room in the main building at the top of the stairs which left a great deal to be desired although the bathroom was OK if tiny. It was the experience of this room that made my overall rating 'average' rather than 'very good'. Both rooms were clean but I would certainly opt for a room in the annex if staying again.
For a stay of one night at time and given the reasonable cost and convenience the Gatwick Belmont was good value.

Room Tip: Our room in the annex was very much better than the one in the main hotel at the top of the stairs
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The Gatwick Belmont was, in my opinion, brilliant. We arrived to a lovely warm welcome from Gary, very friendly and polite. After the usual details were taken, we were shown to our room.
The room was superb, warm, comfortable and very clean.
Even though it was down stairs at the front of the hotel, no noise was heard over night in the room.
We went to the pub styled lounge at the back of the hotel, just like a normal pub without the hassle of going out in the cold. We loved it. Excellent beer and the food was very good.
In the morning we had breakfast, this was a buffet type of breakfast. Help yourself to the things you like, a good choice of everything and plenty of it, very nice.
The transfer to the airport was arranged when we booked in and arrived spot on time. We didn't need it on the way back as we had a late flight.
We left the car parked at the hotel for 3 weeks, and no problems.
It was our first time staying here, but it won't be the last. We will be back again in December without any hesitation.
Our experience was very good and would highly recommend the Gatwick Belmont. .

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are very handy.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel