“Clean & Convenient” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 30 Horley B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Clean & Convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2012

Spotlessly clean & great value. Bed & decorating was a bit dated, but every single corner was clean & staff was very helpful.
I tried to walk it from the train station & got a bit lost. Here are some directions:
Exit the train station from the upper platform.
Turn left (you are on Victoria Road)
At the first traffic lights, turn LEFT (2 minute walk)
Walk all the way to the end of the road(8 minute walk)
Turn LEFT - this is Massetts Road (There's no signage...)
Hotel is 50m ahead on the RIGHT.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Polish first
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

had to spend a while working at lgw, not only did i enjoy my work i also loved the hotel, nothing was too much bother and the staff were fantastic from cleaners to owners. also the breakfasts were great and the rooms cleaned to a high standard, just cant wait til my next visit. Mick

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

Only an £8 taxi fair from Gatwick Airport. Clean and welcoming. Reception staff polite and helpful. My room was small-ish but serviceable and spotlessly clean. Everything I needed for a brief overnight stay was provided. Wireless access is also available - though I did not take this up. I didn't have breakfast or try out the bar/restaurant so I cannot comment on those - but as a hotel I would have no hesitation in reccomendation this hotel for a stop-over for travellers.

• Stayed February 2012
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2012

The Gatwick Belmont has to be my find of the year so far !!!! My wife & I were going to Ireland
for a mates wedding, we decided to travel the day before & look around the towns situated close to Gatwick Airport (Redhill,Horley) as we had been advised by friends that these area's
are pleasant with lots of nice restaurant's & parks to walk around......We stumbled across The Gatwick Belmont by pure chance & I'd have to say i'm so glad we did....The staff there were Brilliant, & we didn't need to find a local restaurant as the food was fantastic !!!! The rooms were better then chain hotels & the value for money was second to none.....I would stay here again.....Wayne & Janet O'Donnell

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
torbay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

we found this great little hotel by accident on a search for gatwick hotels. this was a great place to stay either before or after you fly on holiday.the staff were extremely friendly and helpful,the room very clean with free wi fi coffee/tea .all modern fitted out bedrooms which is better than some big chain hotels.so after a long flight we had a nice relaxing sleep in a nice bedroom then had a fabulous english breakfeast.all in all a great experiance from a small but very friendly hotel i would definately recommend this hotel for a stay so close to gatwick.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

Not much to say except that I had a great stay at the Gatwick Belmont.

The shuttle service--which by the way costs ₤5 each way--arrived approximately fifteen minutes after I called the hotel, and upon my arrival the check-in service was friendly and efficient.

Before arriving at Gatwick, I had travelled from Canada to South Korea, United Arab Emirates and Bahrain in ten days, and at that point in my trip, to be honest, I simply wanted a nice, comfortable bed in which to rest before flying back to Calgary. I was certainly not disappointed, as my room was spotlessly clean and the bed was, indeed, very comfortable.

After I checked in, I went for a 5-minute walk to the central part of Horley. I was too tired to spend much time exploring the town, but it appeared it to be a quaint place to visit. I found a great cafe right away, and all of the people with whom I spoke were quite friendly.

Anyway, I made it back to the hotel and I essentially slept for my entire time I was there. Sorry, but I can't comment on the restaurant and bar.

Gary, all of the the staff members I met and particularly Gosia made my stopover the restful experience I wanted and genuinely needed. If you book directly with the hotel <http://www.gatwickbelmont.com/>, you can probably negotiate directly with Gary for a better rate than I got by using one of the big travel sites.

Room Tip: I had room 17--which faced the parking lot and the main street--and I found it quiet enough for a go...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
paphos
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2012

Booked in advance on the website, at a very good price.
Extremely helpful staff, nothing was too much trouble, and very reasonable bar prices.
We had two rooms, a twin and a single room (which was upgraded to a double as they had no singles left), basic, but everything you could need. The twin room was lovely, and nice and warm at the front of the building, the double was extremely cold at the side of reception, also quite noisy with people in and out, along with the twin room at the front near the car park being quite noisy as well.
In all fairness though, if you're tired you will sleep! And the friendliness of the staff, price of accommodation and free transfers more than made up for the slight inconvenience of the noise, I am due back to England again very soon, and would definately use this place again.

Room Tip: I think our rooms were 16 & 22 - One right next to the front door, and one right next to recepti...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Gatwick Corner House Hotel
Airport Inn Gatwick
Airport Inn Gatwick
#6 of 11 in Horley
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,133 reviews

Been to Gatwick Belmont Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!