“Comfortable”

Gatwick Belmont Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 30 Horley B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 19, 2011

Warm welcome but struggled to carry 2 massive suitcases up the stairs. Room was comfortable but very basic. Very soft bed with squeaky headroom, it had the smallest kettle I have ever seen. Bathroom was very nice, recent upgrade, the sink tap was a joke, designer thing it was, very impractical, difficult to wash your face and impossible to fill the kettle. No hairdryer was a let down and a plug socket nearer the only mirror in the bathroom is a must. Breakfast was OK, there was zero service and interaction from the staff, the food was nice but Luke warm. The lady that took us to the airport was nice. Ideal for a quick stop over before travelling.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank jamesbond007_10
There are newer reviews for Gatwick Belmont Hotel & Restaurant

Reviewed April 11, 2011

This property although nicely located, is not worth the money you pay. The heater squealed every night at 2:15am and I had to jump up to turn it off before it woke the other guests. The shower in the single suite was hard to regulate if someone else was showering; either scalded me or froze me. The 'full english breakfast' consisted of cold and runny eggs, luke warm beans and no tomoatoes or mushrooms. Toast was toasted only halfway as the toaster was too small for the bread. Definitely not worth the £7.95 charge. The 'courtesy shuttle' cost £5 per person which is more expensive than a taxi to Gatwick. Where I come from, courtesy means 'free'. The upside would be the staff who were very friendly and the bar had a warm atmosphere. The internet never got more than one bar of strength. For $40 a night I was expecting at least a warm shower.

Room Tip: Convenient location, but not worth the price.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank BriscoePower
Reviewed February 21, 2011

I've stayed at the Belmont before travelling on holidays, and a great way to relax and look forward to my break, and subsequently used the Belmont, for stop overs on business trips, the staff are always friendly and accomodating, the food is good quality and well priced. The bar was relaxed and welcoming, that could be the other guests ! but they were enjoying the atmosphere, so did I, Breakfasts great, I would reccommend this for Business and Pleasure, very well priced, its not 5***** but worth every penny.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 11, 2011

I almost always book into a hotel with parking the night before flying from Gatwick, as this extends the length of my holiday somewhat. I had stayed here a few years ago, have tried some bigger (but less friendly) airport hotels since and while shopping around for a deal decided to just stick with what I know. I'm glad I did.

The hotel is easy to find and reception is 24 hours so you can arrive at a time that suits you. The staff are friendly and attentive. The room I had was more than adequate, nice double bed, tv and ensuite bathroom. The bar was open until midnight (I think) so time for a nightcap before retiring.

In the morning the buffet breakfast was spot on and probably what prompted me to return, a great way to start the day ahead of your journey.

I had time in the morning to walk into the town to get a newspaper, just a five minute walk from the centre if that. Might come earlier night time and visit one of the local pubs.

The transfer to the airport was very quick, nice personal service from the hotel owner.

On my return to the UK I was delayed by a day and would like to thank the owner for his understanding - he could have charged me an extra night's parking but didn't. My car also had a flat battery in the freezing temperatures, and I was even allowed to have toast and coffee and use the computer while I waited for Green Flag.

As I say I have tried larger, supposedly more luxurious hotels but in future will just stick with the Gatwick Belmont.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank JonWeedon
Reviewed December 29, 2010

The Gatwick Belmont is an ideal place to stay before flying from the airport. Transfer time is short and the hotel runs an efficient minibus service 24 hours. The double room we had was pleasant and very clean. We ate in the restaurant and the food was tasty and plentiful.
The staff were exceptionally friendly. We would definitely recommend this hotel to travellers.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2010

I think I ought to start by saying that I have stayed in many different types of accommodation (generally cheap and cheerful) and tend to go along with the "it's just a place to get your head down" type of approach.

The staff here were lovely and really welcoming. However, strangely, when we returned from our night out in London at 4AM, we were informed that they had "waited ages" for us to return. I didn't quite understand why we were informed of this, given that it's a 24 hour reception (and had checked this prior to heading into London for the night). We also had to wait for ages to get into the hotel as the night bell didn't work (not good on a freezing cold night in December!).

The room looked fine. Beds were clean but VERY VERY soft so, if you've got a bad back, bear this in mind.

The en-suite bathroom was very dated and there was no cold water. Both taps ran hot. Also, the bathroom smelt strongly of stale urine and, when the toilet flushed, we were left with a smell of sewage.

The room was boiling hot, even with the windows open.

The worst part was when we got woken up by kids screaming and shouting in the corridor at 7.30AM and people slamming their doors. Given that this is more like a house than a hotel (ie. no sound proofing and chip board doors), there is no way you can escape the immense amount of noise. I guess most people are getting up early to go to the airport but I did feel for anyone who had arrived late after a long flight. We were meant to have a late check out but we left at 8.30AM because there was no point in trying to sleep any longer.

Basically, a pleasant enough place but, if you are concerned about cleanliness of bathrooms, and noise, I would avoid this place. For our purpose, it didn't suit but I might stay there if I was needing to get an early flight the next morning because you've got no chance of sleeping in!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jo G
Reviewed November 4, 2010

We checked in late to this hotel & left early in the morning to catch our flights to Cyprus. The welcome we received on arrival was excellent & we were shown to a very nice clean, spacious room. We decided to have a nightcap in the very welcoming bar & restaurant.before retiring for the night. Breakfast was first class & the hotel staff parked our car for 10 days before taking us to Gatwick airport in their large minibus. We will be staying at the Gatwick Belmont again

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Gatwick Corner House Hotel
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central
Airport Inn Gatwick
Airport Inn Gatwick
#8 of 11 in Horley
Hampton by Hilton London Gatwick Airport

Been to Gatwick Belmont Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!