1,110 results
All reviewsafternoon teamulberry restaurantcourse tasting menuluxury roomduck pondwine flighthousing estatebeautiful hotelcream teafinger sandwichesjunior suitepetit foursanne boleynthe main houseservice chargefour poster bedbeautiful room
Reviewed February 15, 2011

Langshott Manor is our hotel of choice when flying from Gatwick. When staying there it is difficult to imagine that Gatwick airport is only 5 miles down the road. Quaint well appointed rooms, a good restaurant and friendly, helpful staff. We have stayed at this hotel many times and it has consistently high standards - this time was no different. Recommended.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2011

Stayed for 1 night before flying from Gatwick. Stayed in a luxury room which was spacious with good quality in-room ameneties including coffee/hot chocolate/biscuits, DVD player etc. The bed was super comfy. Bathrooms were traditional in design but included a seperate shower, bath and twin basins. The room and bathroom facilities were spotless and well designed. Staff all seemed great and helpful, however, we did not dine in the hotel as we arrived late (after 8pm) and they do not have an in-room dining option other than sandwiches and we required something more substantial after a long drive. Great hotel which is genuinely no more than 5 minutes to the airport. Good location, rooms and value.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2011

I was treated to a romantic night away at this hotel and it was incredible.

I had a bit of a bumpy ride trying to find it, as the map on my iPhone sent me down a dark and very pot hole filled lane. Once there though my expectations were exceeded!

The receptionist, was very friendly in greeting me and walked me up to meet my partner in the room.
The room (Bodium) was gorgeous, in the oldest part of the hotel, it was cosy and tradiional with a modern twist. The bathroom with his and hers sinks was indulgent.

My partner had decorated the room with candles and had a bottle of champers on ice with two glasses waiting for me. He had brought the champange with him and the hotel supplied the glasses and bottle holder with ice.

We decided to go out for dinner as we weren't feeling too flush, and they kindly called a taxi for us and rang when it arrived.

On our return, they willingly gave us a cork screw so that we could open our own bottle of wine in the room. I was suprised at this, as it meant we weren't ordering their room service - pleasantly suprised! (same with the champers from earlier).

The only negative with the room Bodium, was that 2 single beds had been pushed together to make a double and the join wasn't seamless and I think the matress springs had seen better days!

I wish I had longer to stay here and enjoy the grounds and the room. I have recommended this to lots of my friends and would definitely make a trip back for a romantic and indulgent get-a-way. Next time, I will book in for dinner and breakfast!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2011

We are really disappointed with the hotel having recently attended a wedding (Dec 2010). During the wedding we were told to leave our seats to watch the cake being cut. We left for what we thought would be a brief moment before going back to our seats for coffee. During this time all of our belongings were removed including my hand bag (with nothing of value inside) and our camera. The camera was not to be found in the box of items moved. The hotel had been booked exclusively for the 50 guests so there were a limited number of people who could have taken it.

After trying to claim for the camera through the hotel's insurance and waiting a month we were told that they would not take responsibility. The letter also listed that many people had lost items including jackets, phones and wedding favours. I was 5 months pregnant at the time of the wedding and was therefore completely sober. I know that we were not asked to take our belongings with us.

I would not recommend this hotel unless you keep your belongings close at all times.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pdor_11
PaulThompson, General Manager at Langshott Manor Hotel Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2011

Whilst we are very saddened by this issue, it was an opportunity for us learn from a new situation. Accordingly, when the allegation had been originally made we advised the individual to contact the police, which I understand they did. We had a thorough search of the property, checked the CCTV footage and spoke with all staff members working that day. At Langshott we are quite lucky that the staff are long serving and have been trusted with many valuable items and cash in the past without issue.

I hope that we are not placed in this position in future, however I am happy having been through this situation that our processes are tight and that there has not been a similar issue previously. Of course a full reponse was given to the client, and whilst apologetic - I declined to pay for a new camera.
Paul Thompson.

Reviewed January 6, 2011

If you use SAT NAV to get to the hotel, it will take you down a dark bumpy road. (you get there in the end but there is a better way if you look on google maps first)

I stayed here with my girlfriend in December before we flew from Gatwick. Booked here after seeing the reviews on TA and then looking on their fantastic website. I opted for a package deal called 'Flaked Out'.

after the bumpy arrival the fantastic drive up to the house was amazing, no wonder people have their wedding days here. We checked in very easily and was advised we had been upgraded to one of their suites (result!).

It was called the Leeds room - and was the best hotel in the UK I have ever stayed in. Check the room out on the website.

The food was fantastic, if you are looking for a big feast you can forget it but if you enjoy fine dining then this is for you.

The only thing that would make me think twice about this hotel is the price but that said you pay for quality and that certainly was what we received.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple