1,132 results
All reviews afternoon tea mulberry restaurant course tasting menu luxury room duck pond wine flight housing estate beautiful hotel cream tea finger sandwiches junior suite petit fours anne boleyn the main house service charge four poster bed beautiful room
Reviewed January 6, 2011

If you use SAT NAV to get to the hotel, it will take you down a dark bumpy road. (you get there in the end but there is a better way if you look on google maps first)

I stayed here with my girlfriend in December before we flew from Gatwick. Booked here after seeing the reviews on TA and then looking on their fantastic website. I opted for a package deal called 'Flaked Out'.

after the bumpy arrival the fantastic drive up to the house was amazing, no wonder people have their wedding days here. We checked in very easily and was advised we had been upgraded to one of their suites (result!).

It was called the Leeds room - and was the best hotel in the UK I have ever stayed in. Check the room out on the website.

The food was fantastic, if you are looking for a big feast you can forget it but if you enjoy fine dining then this is for you.

The only thing that would make me think twice about this hotel is the price but that said you pay for quality and that certainly was what we received.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank whoareya
Reviewed December 12, 2010

Took a very good friend for afternoon tea to Langshott Manor. I had not told her where we were going, so when we turned into the Manor carpark she was taken back by the lovely manor. As soon as we got through the door we were looked after, we were taken to our table over looking the stunning garden. We had a pot of tea, finger sandwiches and home made cakes to die for. The staff were on hand if you needed anything, but also left you to chat and relax.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed November 23, 2010

This is a charming Elizabethan hotel which is tranquil and a superb retreat for any busy business exec who is looking to fly from Gatwick. It is only 5 mins from the airport itself, but offers very tranquil surroundings. Beautiful bedrooms and very friendly and relaxed staff. I would highly recommend this for any busy executive.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank LuxTraveller123
Reviewed November 20, 2010

We got married at Langshott Manor in Feb this year and it was the perfect location for an intimate and magical wedding.

Stunning manor house with an array of awesome bedrooms. Excellent staff and very flexible with tailoring your visit to spec. Incredible food and wine - can't wait to go back!

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2010

My niece booked this hotel exclusively for her wedding, Apart from the waiter George, the staff were slow and indifferent (we waited 15 minutes for toast at breakfast which they kept getting wrong) As the bar prices were extortionate,(over £7 a pint, bottled only), many of the guests nipped out to the local Pub and brought in their own. We stayed in the 'Arudel' junior suite which had cracked and peeling woodwork around the Arch to the sunken bath, stains on the carpet and looked tired and badly in need of a make-over. We both found the bed very uncomfortable. Beware the 'Arundel' is on the 2nd floor and there is no lift! and help with suitcases hard to find. My brother and his wife could only use one of the twin sinks in their bathroom because the other was cracked. Altogether very disapointing.

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank gandool
PaulThompson, General Manager at Langshott Manor Hotel Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2010

This feedback has been given previously and at the time I discussed the matter with our team. Any feedback is always useful and we approach it in a constructive way, however I do feel this critique is somewhat unfair. On this occasion Langshott was closed as a Hotel and not operating as it would with normal hotel guests. We had been hired exclusively by a wedding party, to this end the way in which guests were assigned specific rooms, shown to their room and assisted with luggage was very different by personal instruction by the Bride and Groom.

We have taken the opportunity to check our Bar prices with our competitor set and find them to be very competitive. They are not Pub prices agreed, but Langshott does not serve Pub products such as pints and is not the sort of property you come to for Pub prices or products – we aim always to serve a quality high end product at a reasonable price.

I happened to meet with the Bride & Groom, who paid for the event, on departure and they thanked me personally on behalf of their guests for an exceptional day delivered exactly how they had specified. I am sorry that this report is in such stark contrast to all the other feedback we had about this specific event.
Paul Thompson.