1,132 results
All reviews afternoon tea mulberry restaurant course tasting menu luxury room duck pond wine flight housing estate beautiful hotel cream tea finger sandwiches junior suite petit fours anne boleyn the main house service charge four poster bed beautiful room
Reviewed September 6, 2010

We ate in the restaurant , our choice was the lounge or the Mulberry Restaurant, but the lounge had a dank feel and smell like a very old aunts front room, plus it was empty, so we opted for the restaurant. The restaurant only served a three course lunch, at £27, it had a very limited and uninspiring choice and we were told there was no other option. The food was mediocre at best, and the service was shockingly slow, depsite the fact the restaurant was less than half full, there were only ourselves and three other tables. I found it over priced, pretentious and with dreadful service -- obviously very dedicated to weddings as they were clearing out the old as the new arrived. My recommendation is to avoid.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Girlabouttown_10
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Fab hotel, staff great.

Beautiful grounds and the rooms stunning ! Recommend the Anne Boleyn.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2010

I stayed here recently for two nights. It is a small hotel with lovely gardens.

We booked two rooms - one in the main building and one in the 'stables'. Both rooms were great. Large by UK standards & very well appointed. Every facility was great. Flat screen TVs, WiFi everywhere (apart from one of our rooms, as it happened), fluffy shower robes, comfortable beds.

The staff deserve a special mention. I have travelled extensively & found the staff here special. They seemed genuinely friendly and very efficient. The reception staff helped me scan a couple of documents as well as print some stuff out I needed. No hassle, no questions - they just did it for me ... enthusiastically.

Restaurant deserves a mention as well. Michelin recommended. Limited menu but it is good. Wine menu is extensive as well. Great to have a pre dinner drink on the patio before dinner, choose dinner & then move gently to the lounge or main restaurant for dinner. Not a huge menu but definitely good enough.

I would stay here again - easily.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2010

We stayed here for one night before our holiday. We had a very early flight from Gatwick the next day and decided to start our holiday in style. We booked the ‘stay and park’ rate which actually works out very good value and our car was kept on their premises. When we arrived were very warmly greeted at reception and shown to our room. The room was lovely- an annex in one of the barns/out houses, it was just a shame we didn’t get a chance to enjoy the room properly-the lovely roll top bath etc. We had booked a table for dinner and I have to say the food was amazing too! All the staff were delightful and friendly. The grounds and garden are beautiful and luckily we had such lovely weather while we were there we enjoyed a few drinks in the garden before diner. The only slightly negative thing I could say was that it was an extremely hot day and our room was very very warm. There was a fan but didn’t make much of an impact. We opened all the windows and left them open when we went for dinner, by the time we got back the room was slightly cooler but still quite uncomfortable. But apart from that it was perfect way to start a holiday fuss and trouble free. I would definitely recommend staying here, the food and atmosphere are delicious!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2010

We chose Langshott Manor for a family party and overnight stay to celebrate my husband's 65th birthday because he had stayed there for work away-days in the past. He had raved about it then and having experienced the charms of this Elizabethan manor house and gardens now for myself, I see what he meant. We had four rooms in the main house (others are in separate buildings in the grounds) so had a chance to compare. All were truly lovely, furnished with beautiful fabrics with subtle colour and texture combinations. Our room, Leeds, (after the castle not the city) had a four poster bath as well as a four poster bed. Our daughter's room had a wonderful upstairs bathroom. Cream tea in the charming gardens was followed by family croquet and then an evening meal that was as good to look at as it was to eat. Truly excellent. Service throughout our stay was friendly and at dinner delightfully quirky (thank-you Sandy). Can't wait to go there again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family