1,130 results
All reviews afternoon tea mulberry restaurant course tasting menu luxury room duck pond wine flight housing estate beautiful hotel cream tea finger sandwiches junior suite petit fours anne boleyn the main house service charge four poster bed beautiful room
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I wished I had read some of the reviews before I stayed at this hotel because yes this is a very disappointing hotel. You do not get what you are expecting from the lovely photos and description and information on the website. We thought we would treat ourselves at the end of our two week holiday to Srilanka a bit of luxury before driving home from Gatwick. Luxury doesn’t even come close . Only one bottle of water to make tea with in your room and and not enough milk . Banged my head on the low beams , room terribly small . No mini fridge or hairdryer but here’s the pistes resistance no hot water YES it’s true I couldn’t bath or shower I had to wash using a boiled kettle. I had to ring reception and there responses were very callous they tried to adjust the boiler but to no advail I waited for it for as long as I could to warm up over 40 minutes then my husband physically went to reception which wasn’t even in the same building to us . Yes they offered us to bathe in a different room but who wants to do that . On departing the hotel I did tell them how disappointing my stay had been and there was no attempt to rectify my disappointment instead the receptionist was very dissfensive and callous not hospitable at all just insisting I received what I booked for . Would I recommend this hotel No would I stay here again No overall verdict is the people running this hotel should be ashamed of there selves Lisa and Mohan

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Katie S, General Manager at Langshott Manor Hotel Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mr and Mrs Mohan
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the problems you encountered during your stay on Tuesday evening. On Wednesday morning we experienced some technical issues that were beyond our control with regards to the hot water provisions. Sadly this was not something that our maintenance team could repair and required further work. I am pleased to say this has now been rectified and is in full working order. As this issue was contained to one particular building an alternative room was offered to you to use for the remainder of your stay.
Each room is equipped with tea and coffee making facilities which we find are sufficient for most guests. However we are more than happy to supply more should a guest request it. We have 4 different standards of bedrooms and the room sizes vary depending on the category from 20sqm to 30sqm. It is unfortunate that you did not express your disappointment in the room when you arrived as we could have looked to see if there was an alternative room that was more suitable for you.
I understand that the duty reception had tried to rectify the hot water issue for you and had passed your details to the duty management team to contact you directly. .
Kind Regards
Katie

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

very poor service when we specifically requested some help this is specific to our booking and our specific request to adjust which they flatly refused even though we explained the circumstances behind it

Stayed: June 2018

Dear Tomthetraveller2016
I would be more than happy to discuss the circumstances and points of your review should you wish to contact me directly.
Kind Regards
Katie

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My partner and I have stayed here 3 times now and each time has left us more puzzled than the last. The hotel itself is beautiful and our room quiet and comfortable.

The staff appear to have had no training nor receive any kind of effective management. Whilst individually they are polite (with the exception of one lady who served us at breakfast who was pretty surly), they have no idea what they're doing. We booked dinner in the restaurant for the evening and a waiter greeted us - he walked away seemingly to get menus but then called out from the other side of the room 'oh, you can take a seat wherever you want'. Not quite the service you expect. No menus arrived, but another waiter appeared after 5 minutes asking what we'd like to order. We hadn't been given menus yet, despite us being 1 of only 3 occupied tables in the whole dining room.

The food is fantastic and has been on all of our visits, so absolutely no complaints there. Just poor staff trying to keep their heads above water with no guidance whatsoever (nobody refilled our water at the table, cleared crumbs away - pretty basic things).

For breakfast the staff seemed to find it odd that we wanted to sit outside. The surly waitress came and served with no smiles or positivity.

It's such a shame as the venue is lovely, but I doubt we'll return unless we hear that some dedication and care has been put into staff training.

Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

Very Disappointed; arrived for our booked ‘afternoon tea’ to be informed that despite being expected, they would not be accepting us as had a party who had whole hotel reserved. So my question is why wait until we arrive to tell us - why did they take booking and if mistaken contact us to advise cancelled.
As we travelled & frankly just dismissed!
The place is in very nice grounds & very quaint, am sure it would have been good.
Needless to say, we won’t be going back & wont be telling our friends to go here - very poor customer service.

1  Thank clever_trev
Reviewed September 12, 2018

Staff were wonderful but overstretched. Had to ask twice for extra tea and pre-dinner drinks. Patio area outside of room had not been cleaned for a long time - lots of bird mess and stains on table.Disappointed with the restaurant - thought it would have more character. The food was really tasty and beautiful to look at. Overall we enjoyed our stay but wouldn't class it as a 'luxury' venue - yet.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel