Langshott Manor Hotel Gatwick
Russ Hill Hotel(Charlwood)
$44
$43
1,012 results
All reviewsafternoon teamulberry restaurantcourse tasting menuluxury roomduck pondbeautiful hotelwine flighthousing estatecream teajunior suitefinger sandwichespetit foursthe main houseanne boleynwedding nightservice chargefour poster bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Lovely room with very comfortable bed together with tasting menu dinner accompanied by 'wine flight'. Food was good although portions are polite and the wine recommendations were spot on. Great breakfast finished off a very enjoyable break.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peche05
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We stayed with two sets of friends for an all in deal through Secret Escapes. I felt a certain responsibility as I had chosen the venue. When we arrived we were very impressed with the hotel and it's grounds. The rooms were all extremely comfortable, clean and well appointed. I had warned the hotel when I booked the rooms some time before that I needed a gluten free menu and on arrival one of the other couples queried the menu as he is unable to eat shell fish. When we were served the meal my friends were offered a lovely mixed bread basket and I was given a couple of ratty slices of bread. On eating our main course we found scallops in the sauce with the fish! Luckily he did not have a reaction but his enjoyment was somewhat tainted whilst waiting to see!

The following morning when I asked for some gluten free toast I was told that they had run out!! I have eaten out many times and have never found my gluten intolerance to be so poorly catered for. I think all our party would agree that the standard of the catering did not live up to the beautiful hotel and it's grounds. A very comfortable night spoiled by lack of care in the detail.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the main hotel to get the proper feeling of the beautiful old house.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Mary E
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Stayed in the Henry Viii room with fireplace, four poster bed balcony overlooking the pond.
Service and food at the restaurant was superb, each course explained and wine recommendations spot on.
A great location to start your holiday if flying from Gatwick.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Business dinner here few weeks ago. Hotel is beautiful and full of modern decor . Drink in the bar with business colleague before being shown to almost empty dining room. Whilst I accept this is not the hotels fault, there was no effort to creat an atmosphere ! Light background music may of helped. We opted for the 7 course tasting menu which sounded wonderful. However dishes lacked flavour and seasoning and for me were on the lukewarm side. No menu was given to us so that we could see what we would be served at each course. All in all an underwhelming experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Simon P
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Langshott Manor is a beautiful hotel and venue set in immaculate grounds, making it feel a million miles from Gatwick airport. We enjoyed the modern décor and spacious accommodation of the Wisley suite for two nights, which is situated in one of the outbuildings. In contrast, the rooms and suites in the main building boast traditional décor. All rooms are unique, which adds to the appeal and makes it difficult to choose between them.

The staff - for the most part - were friendly, professional and attentive. It is clear that good service is taken seriously, although we did experience some delays in the Mulberry Restaurant and an invoice mix-up upon check-out (which, I should add, was quickly resolved). The food was excellent, as was the general cleanliness and atmosphere.

The main factor preventing an 'excellent' scoring for me was the poor sound-proofing in our suite. We could clearly hear snoring and talking from the neighbouring room, which - accompanied by a very firm mattress - made for an uncomfortable night's sleep. It's worth mentioning that the sound-proofing and mattresses were of a better quality in the main building.

Langshott Manor, as well as being a peaceful alternative to the typical airport-accessible hotel, is ideal as an intimate wedding venue. We were privileged to enjoy a family wedding during our stay and would not hesitate to recommend to couples seeking a smaller venue for their big day.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Katie S, General Manager at Langshott Manor Hotel Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Dear Doilybug

Thank you for your feedback and points raised which I will certainly be looking into and discussing with the team.

I am very pleased to read that the wedding celebrations were enjoyed by all and we hope to welcome you and your family again.

Best Wishes