“Stunning”

Langshott Manor Hotel Gatwick
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Horley
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I visited the hotel in October 2013 for a relative's wedding.
There can be no denying that the place is absolutely stunning. The building is a Tudor manor (the history of which you can read about in the hotel which was nice), and the gardens, rooms and croquet pitch are are all beautifully presented.
I stayed in the separate building of Henry the VIII rooms. My room was gorgeous, with the most beautiful, comfy bed- a bad night's sleep would be impossible. The room was clean and tidy, wifi provided, it was wonderfully warm, the en suite was huge, towelling dressing gowns were provided, and there were little notes about who had prepared your room etc, which were sweet. My only complaint in the rooms is that the tea, coffee biscuits etc were really pretty poor and stingy given how nice everything else was.
The staff were absolutely lovely- so friendly and helpful, even though we were pretty demanding with it being a wedding, and some of our requests must have been pretty annoying!
The food for the main meal was lovely and the staff were more than happy to help with anything, like serving meat off the bone if people needed.
The only real negatives about this hotel are that the drinks prices are absolutely extortionate! Also, I found the food at breakfast disappointing given how much you pay for a night's stay- the 'french toast' didn't taste at all like french toast, it seemed more like pancakes; the pastries at the buffet were definitely not fresh, my guess is they were around 3 days old; and when I stayed I was told there was no hot chocolate, which seems pretty unbelievable.
This hotel is beautiful, and you are bound to have a lovely stay, however I think the value for money is pretty poor given some of its shortfalls.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 17, 2013

This was booked as a birthday treat via a Travel Zoo deal - we opted to upgrade to a Master suite. This is my only niggle. Our room was beautiful, but it was not a suite. A suite by definition is a group of rooms, and this wasn't. It was spacious and beautifully decorated, but it was only one room. Also the website does not do the hotel justice. The rooms shown are all very modern, when in reality the hotel is a beautiful old building, with glorious gardens and characterful accommodation.

The taster menu was absolutely delicious, and beautifully presented, and the quality of the food generally excellent. my haddock with poached eggs for breakfast was divine, as was my husband's full English. The staff were all very helpful and unfailingly pleasant.

I am not sure i would pay the listed rate of £300 plus for the same room with dinner, but as part of a deal it was an amazing hotel, and I would consider staying there prior to holidays, as its very close to Gatwick, but incredibly peaceful. However two G&Ts were £23!

Room Tip: Check if you upgrade to a suite it a really is a suite. Master suites are actually large rooms but n...
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed with a 'secret escapes' deal, just looking for a nice hotel for our anniversary, but paid £20 extra for an upgrade of room. We stayed in the jane seymour room and have to say it was perfect with a balcony overlooking the moat, stunning. We were overwhelmed with how pretty it was, we walked around the gardens and hotel and was bowled over. The staff were so lovely and really attentive. Before we went for dinner I was thinking how perfect it would be if my boyfriend were to propose to me, and he did just that and it made our weekend!! Little did I know he'd been planning all the little touches with the staff there and he has since told me how great they were. When it came to paying our bill they had made me a gift which was a small brochure, a copy of our menu that we ate and a print out photo of the room we stayed in, it was so kind of them! Dinner and breakfast were delicious, we had the wine flight with dinner and must say it was perfectly fitting, everything cooked to perfection and presentation and service was outstanding.
Tips- if u do venture out there isn't masses to do but the small pub down the road which we walked to was nice
-there's been lots of reviews about a service charge added on to bills, we didn't so not sure what that's about?
-our secret escapes deal was more than value for money, but I think we would have paid full price for it
-you would have no idea this is near an airport, no noise whatsoever

All in all, can't thank langshott staff enough, a weekend we'll remember and will definitely be going back!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2013

With 3 Daughters 2 of which Event horses, I don't have many weekends where I can get away with my wife. We were very much looking forward to an escape to Langshot Manor, but it was a bit of a let down.

The building itself is beautiful, however we were in a different section, an outside walk to the main Manor. Our room was sumptuous, heavy Drapes, four poster bad etc.. but on closer looks fabrics were threadbare, and things were very tired.

We went down for pre dinner drinks and found that the hotel has no bar.. you have to find a porter/convierge and he will go get drinks for you. Also this hotel has a bit of a reputation for afternoon Teas we found that most of the tables had old Sandwich plates and cream tea stands left on most and it was very much an Octogenarians dream.

Seeing as we were the youngest people there by 40 years we did take a look in to the restaurant but it looked like an old peoples home.... We ordered and ate in our room... got up the next day and left.

This place could be so much more, but if you are into saga holidays you will love it... Maybe

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank liamt2
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We got a deal off secret escapes for breakfast, 5 course dinner, and bed for £169. The hotel and the grounds were beautiful. We had sandwiches in the bar upon arrival and they were delicious but the drinks were very highly priced. We added the wine flight to our dinner and really enjoyed all of the wine with our meal. My husband requested a substitution for the fish from the vegetarian menu which was made without any complaint. Breakfast was delicious although the portion size was very small. Our only complaint was that the receptionist was a bit snooty with us when we checked in and then again when we sat in the room eating our sandwiches, drinking our drinks and reading the papers. Luckily she was gone by the time we had dinner and wasn't there when we left the next day. Wish we'd had more time to enjoy the surroundings but it was a quick visit. We will come back and we will recommend it to our friends. In fact, we already have!

Room Tip: Bodiam was delightful!
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Such a beautiful hotel
We stayed here for our 30th Wedding Anniversary and had beautifully decorated and ever so comfortable and romantic four postered bed At the foot was a huge open fire place which would hve been roaring in the depths of winter but ij October we had to turn the central heating off.

The bathroom was gorgeous with a walk in power shower, contoured stand alone bath with the old fashioned taps and shower attachment and twin basins.
The towels were ever so thick and fluffy, there were slippers and robes to almost hide in.

We had an absolutely marvelous five course romantic dinner with matching wine with each course in their lovely restaurant but I couldn't get over their sliding doors to the kitchen. (The only thing missing was the "swoosh noise like on the USS Starship Enterprise)
Breakfast was the Full Monty and they poached eggs properly....yummy. Continental and cereals etc were also available.

Book this place for your special celebration.....you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Tom_Jerry_London
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed here when we were going on holiday, only 10 mins from Gatwick and so much nicer than the usual hotels, made the start of our holiday special. We stayed in the Henry V111 room which had a lovely decking over water and it was great feeding the ducks. The only setback of the hotel is the cost of drink and food. Highly recommend staying, and sister hotels are just as nice

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa
#1 of 3 in Egham
Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa
Sofitel London Gatwick
Gatwick Corner House Hotel

Been to Langshott Manor Hotel Gatwick? Share your experiences!