“Great overnight stay”

Langshott Manor Hotel Gatwick
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Horley
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I booked an overnight in the Windsor Suite as a birthday treat, and we enjoyed a 5 course tasting menu in the Mulberry restaurant. I particularly wanted somewhere with a bit of character and the hotel definitely delivers. We enjoyed the excellent welcoming service and look forward to being able to go back and enjoy a table 'al fresco' when and if the weather finally gets better!

Room Tip: The Windsor is a very nicely decorated double bedroom with a quirky wooden staircase up to a spaciou...
There are newer reviews for Langshott Manor Hotel Gatwick

Reviewed March 18, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a special one night break at Langshott Manor, booked through Secret Escapes.
On arrival we were upgraded to a junior suite, the Leeds room. This was a spacious room, beautifully decorated with a four poster bed and a large bathroom with His and Hers sinks, seperate corner shower and a unique four poster bath!
The decoration and fittings in the room were all luxurious with sumptious soft furnisings, no expense has been spared with this room, all very high quality!

As we had arrived on a Sunday and we had arrived early, we decided to have Sunday lunch, which was served in the excellent Mulberry Restaurant. The food and service was simply superb!

In the evening we enjoyed a 5 course taster menu and chose to include the "Wine Flight" which were wines specially chosen to complement each course, it was a good choice! The food was sublime and the best we have ever tasted. All in all, an excellent evening.

The staff deserve a special welcome as they were welcoming and very professional and nothing was too much trouble, they are all a credit to this wonderful hotel.

1  Thank Gary G
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The approach to this hotel is not very promising but as soon as you get into the grounds it is lovely.
The main building is an old Elizabethan manor and the interior is very warm and appealing.
This was a late booking so we were not able to have dinner at the hotel. However, our breakfast was very nice, although the quantity for the English breakfast was not that great and watch out for the service charge for the breakfast.
Our room was in one of the outbuildings. It was nicely decorated but was in the eaves and just a bit on the small side. I would not have wanted to pay full price for the room.
Overall a lovely hotel.

1  Thank AdrianWitney1000
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Took my brother, who was visiting from Dallas, to Sunday lunch in the Mulberry restaurant. He is a bit of a foodie! However, this place never fails to deliver great food and service. The roast beef was superb and homemade petits fours were sublime. I went last year for the first time to have lunch on my birthday and later sat outside in the pretty garden for coffee. It was just perfect. Whatever the weather you can be sure of a lovely time at Langshott. You would never guess you were so near to the airport - it feels like a country oasis away from the town. Hoping to get back soon for afternoon tea - my tip is to book early!

Room Tip: Have yet to stay here but if restaurant, lounger and common rooms are anything to go by, then I woul...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Langshott Manor is situated at the end of a lane in a quiet location. There is no passing traffic and despite being so close to a main road and Gatwick Airport, it is secluded and peaceful.
My friends and I arrived on Thursday March 7th on a dismal grey day.
I had booked this event a few weeks before and had been shown a variety of rooms to choose from. I booked the upstairs gallery and requested vegetarian options for one and a lit fire.
We were warmly welcomed and invited to go on up and despite being 15 mins early had tea ,coffee and champagne served immediately.
Our chairs were placed around a circular table in front of the fire which was not lit despite my booking request. I did query this and an apology given. The hotel ring you the day before to confirm, so I would mention this if it is important.It was warm in the gallery so not a problem temperature wise.
None of the rooms are big, so make for a very intimate experience. The gallery was the largest room and we had it to ourselves most of the time.
The manor is circa 1580 and I was surprised that in a room called," The Gallery",it only offered modern abstract style paintings which were totally out of place. I do this sort of art myself so am not an old fuddy duddy! It just looked wrong! There was background jazz playing of the, "make it up as you go along" kind, but was not intrusive.
The tea itself was lovely. 4 large sandwiches each ( 2 white, 2 brown) and a scone with cream and jam, 2 different cakes and a dessert with a tiny meringue. My vegetarian options had been remembered and were delicious though predictable! Enormous teapots with a choice of teas ,and coffee for me. Drinks were unlimited. Tea is served from 3pm to 5pm.
We were never hurried at any time and 3 of us left after 7pm!
There is a service charge added to the bill.
Prices were £18.50 for a full tea and £25 for a champagne tea.
Would definitely do this again as it was so relaxing. Staff all very friendly and happy to take photos of the 5 of us.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank visualdimensions
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

I won a competition and my prize was a stay here on a dinner bed and breakfast package!

The hotel is not the type we would normally choose as we are used to more modern looking places, however this hotel is truly stunning and so much nicer than many of the places we have stayed at before.

We were given the wisely suite which is huge and has even got its own garden area. The room was incredible with two tv's, a huge bed, his and her sinks, large walk in shower and a gorgeous deep bath.

The food in the mulberry restaurant was absolutely out of this world!! It is not cheap but it is well well worth it. The staff are hugely knowledgable about what they are serving and are keen to offer recommendations.

This is a great hotel but by far their best asset are their staff! Every person we passed said hello, asked if we were enjoying our stay and spoke with genuine sincerity! That is the kind of thing you can't force, it comes naturally to these people!! Thank you Langshott Manor for a superb weekend!!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 28, 2013

On her birthday, my wife was given a voucher for two to have a bubbly afternoon tea at Langshott Manor. I called to enquire if we could use the voucher value towards lunch instead. The reply was "no problem", so we made our reservation for today, and what a pleasure it turned out to be. Although the loungefire was not alight, we had such a warm and friendly welcome from the receptionist (sorry I forgot her name), it was not a big issue. We were soon attended to with drinks and menus. The fixed price Menu at £15 for two courses and £20 for three courses turned out to be very good value (for my wife). The main course of Fillet of Trout was deceiving, it turnd out to be a rather large trout with super tasting sides on the plate. I seleccted from the Al a Carte Menu, selecting the Fillet Steak for main course and the duo of Pork for starter. Both of us agree that every dish more that met our expectations, the variety of different (but suttle) tastes was just lovely.
What was really helpful was the advise given by Travis when we were unsure about different dishes. Did we enjoy the experience, and would we return to Langshott Manor?
A very big yes to both questions.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa
Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa
Great Fosters
Great Fosters
#1 of 3 in Egham
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
Sofitel London Gatwick
Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Been to Langshott Manor Hotel Gatwick? Share your experiences!