1,108 results
All reviewsafternoon teamulberry restaurantcourse tasting menuluxury roomduck pondwine flighthousing estatebeautiful hotelcream teafinger sandwichesjunior suitepetit foursanne boleynthe main houseservice chargefour poster bedbeautiful room
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I booked the property as a surprise stay for my husbands birthday. We had spent 2 weeks in Greece and had a 24 hour layover in London before returning home to Florida. It seemed like a perfect selection due to the fact is was only 10 min from Gatwick airport. We arrived around 6:00 in the evening and did not stop smiling until check out the following day. This was a great way to end our vacation and relax before a long flight home. I booked two adjoining rooms in the main building, one for the children and one for the adults. Both rooms were large and very well appointed with luxurious bathrooms and bedding. The children enjoyed room service while we enjoyed cocktails and dinner in the main dining room. The food is well presented, however, as we are both in the culinary industry we felt it was lacking taste and is very dated. The cost was well above what we received, really overpriced. The Gin cocktails with elderflower syrup was the highlight of the meal. We cut our dining short and requested no more courses be sent to the table, we were that disappointed. The decor and atmosphere was romantic and enchanting and I would recommend dining here, just order carefully, our bill for two was around $200 pounds. Breakfast was stupendous! The children and I loved the pastry, porridge , eggs with smoked salmon, and omelets. Coffee was rich and piping hot and the service impeccable. Breakfast was not inexpensive, around 80 pounds for the 4 of us, but was worth the money. We strolled the gardens and relaxed until it was finally time for our departure. I can't wait for another opportunity to make a connection in London just to have another perfect layover at the Langshott Manor.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2012

As you approach Langshott Manor down this little lane ,it's hard to believe that anything is down there but as you sweep into the driveway you are so amazed at this beautiful Manor house. It's everything and more from the pic's on the net. Such a gem tucked away in Horley.. We stayed in the old part ,our room was Bodiam ,absolutely stunning with a massive bathroom (bath big enough for 2) and a gorgeous view out over the gardens. These are lovely with secret bits hidden away,but sadly could do with abit of TLC..We found the staff very friendly and helpful.
Breakfast was expensive but the Full English Breakfast was cooked to order,none of these hot plates already done. It was a surprise birthday present for Paul and we both enjoyed it so much ,we will definately come back one day ..

Room Tip: If you want the oldest rooms stay in the main house
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carol H
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed at Langshott Manor in June 2012 and it was absolutely stunning. We were in the Ascot room I think which was in a separate building (converted servants quarters I'm guessing?) and it was large, quite, beautifully decorated and had an enormous bathroom. I don't think there was anything in our whole stay that we could have complained about apart from the crappy road full of potholes! We also ate at the restaurant, which wasn't cheap but I think it was the best meal we've ever had (7 course tasting menu). It would make a beautiful setting for a wedding. Also, if you're leaving from Gatwick it was only something like £6 for the taxi ride, which is a bargain.

Also, there was a wonderful Hungarian guy working there who seemed pretty new but was wonderfully friendly and made our stay very enjoyable.

Room Tip: The ones that are in the separate small building, each one named after a race course, were good rooms (I didn't stay in any other rooms though).
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2012

As others have stated, this hotel is in a beautifully restored Tudor building situated among lovely gardens. My room, Windsor, in the main house was very nice. A decent size, very nicely decorated, with a comfortable bed. The bathroom was up a small curving flight of stairs and was quite large. However, the ceiling is low, which was fine for me, but if you are tall, you may find the shower a bit difficult. I thought the service at this hotel, both in the restaurant and when having a drink in the lounges or the gardens, was very good. It did not seem that there was any shortage of staff as other reviewers mentioned. I also thought the food in the restaurant, while expensive, was excellent. Perhaps the wisest choice would be a rate that includes breakfast and dinner, which is what I would choose for a repeat visit. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Not just because it is so close to Gatwick (without being an "airport" hotel), but because it a lovely, peaceful place to stay. It could easily be used as a base to visit the surrounding area. My only regret is that I had only booked this hotel for one night, and not several.

Room Tip: Very tall people may want to avoid Windsor, as the loft bathroom has low ceilings.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 8, 2012

When you arrive at this Tudor building it takes your breath away. Perhaps the most beautiful hotel I have ever seen, with gorgeous gardens. My room had a fireplace big enough to roast an ox and a beautiful private terrace. Service great and great food. Loved it.

• Stayed: July 2012