1,124 results
All reviews afternoon tea mulberry restaurant course tasting menu luxury room duck pond wine flight housing estate beautiful hotel cream tea finger sandwiches junior suite petit fours anne boleyn the main house service charge four poster bed beautiful room
Reviewed July 10, 2012

As others have stated, this hotel is in a beautifully restored Tudor building situated among lovely gardens. My room, Windsor, in the main house was very nice. A decent size, very nicely decorated, with a comfortable bed. The bathroom was up a small curving flight of stairs and was quite large. However, the ceiling is low, which was fine for me, but if you are tall, you may find the shower a bit difficult. I thought the service at this hotel, both in the restaurant and when having a drink in the lounges or the gardens, was very good. It did not seem that there was any shortage of staff as other reviewers mentioned. I also thought the food in the restaurant, while expensive, was excellent. Perhaps the wisest choice would be a rate that includes breakfast and dinner, which is what I would choose for a repeat visit. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Not just because it is so close to Gatwick (without being an "airport" hotel), but because it a lovely, peaceful place to stay. It could easily be used as a base to visit the surrounding area. My only regret is that I had only booked this hotel for one night, and not several.

Room Tip: Very tall people may want to avoid Windsor, as the loft bathroom has low ceilings.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 8, 2012

When you arrive at this Tudor building it takes your breath away. Perhaps the most beautiful hotel I have ever seen, with gorgeous gardens. My room had a fireplace big enough to roast an ox and a beautiful private terrace. Service great and great food. Loved it.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank wandrin
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the manor in June on the evening of our wedding.
We arrived late on the Saturday night after our wedding reception and after quite a long drive and a few wrong turns our taxi eventually found the hotel, which is tucked away in a quiet sop on Horley.
We were shown to our room, which fittingly for our wedding night, was beautiful, both in overall ambience and decor.
However it wasn't until we awoke the next day did we fully appreciate how splendid the hotel is.
We ordered breakfast to our room and decided to eat outside in our own private courtyard which was wonderful in itself.
After checking out we decided to take a stroll around the hotel grounds whilst waiting for our taxi, which was great as the hotel has beautful gardens to relax in.
As we never paid for the room I couldn't comment on value for money, but my one gripe was that the breakfast, as good as it was, came to £40 for the 2 of us, which was ridiculous.
That aside, staying at langshott was a great way to spend our wedding night as the hotel was amazing, with attentive and friendly staff, and if your looking for somewhere quaint but classy to stay, then I couldn't recommend it enough.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2012

The hotel is beautiful i really mean beautiful small romantic stunning visually. When i mean small i think it only has 10 rooms but great rooms with character and charm in an oldy worldly way.

Don’t expect lush spars and room service but then again why would you in an Elizabethan Manor house. This said the staff on the whole are excellent but not with the shine of a major chain hotel group. Parochial comes to mind which i didn’t mind at all. It was a breath of fresh air to the run of the mill Gatwick Hotels.

The bathrooms are from what i saw pretty good(i did look at a number of rooms). There is no bar but table service is just as good when you find the only member of staff on late into the night.

I would definatly stay there again however please take some advice forget the restaurant. Pretentious. over priced and the service dreadful. This isn’t because the staff are inattentive its just there isn’t any staff for the restaurant. The food was average at best bordering on poor for the money. Don’t get me wrong it looks lovely when it arrives but don’t get taken in by the pretty little flowers adorning your dish they don’t make up for the fact your paying top dollar for a pretty average not the best quality control dish.

But that aside this is a hotel review not a restaurant review. Would i go there again yes in fact i cant wait (just not in summer as there is no aircon) Save your dinner money though and go to the pub 150m down the road for the money spent it cant be any worse.

Stunning hotel as i said earlier. Romantic yes probably by the amount of ppl who were there having affairs. A hotel child friendly NOOOOOOOO not at all, but that’s why you would go to Langshott Manor.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nigel S
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Langshott Manor is only a 10 min taxi ride from either of the Gatwick terminals, but is hidden away in a quiet cul-de-sac. A taxi for our early departure was booked for us on arrival by the very helpful staff (the taxi was on time). Our room was amazing with an adjacent bathroom to match. Although the building is very old (full of character), the rooms are well equipped and luxurious. We booked into the restaurant for the a la carte dinner. Expensive, yes, but exceptional quality food. The grounds looked very well maintained and we were dying for a game of croquet, but as it was June it rained solidly for the afternoon.
All in all a much much more pleasant experience than the airport hotels for a very similar price.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple