1,112 results
All reviewsafternoon teamulberry restaurantcourse tasting menuluxury roomduck pondwine flighthousing estatebeautiful hotelcream teafinger sandwichesjunior suitepetit foursanne boleynthe main houseservice chargefour poster bedbeautiful room
Reviewed March 13, 2011

Chose to stay here for a night away with my husband as a bit of a treat and we were not disappointed. We booked the 'flaked out' deal with dinner, bed and breakfast. We were given an upgrade on our room because it was available (we didn't have to ask!), the food in the restaurant was outstanding and the service was the best we have experienced in a long time. It is not cheap but what we got for our money was very good value.
I would definitely recommend this hotel - it was a pleasure to find somewhere that really did seem to prioritise good customer service.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sarrah_howie80
Reviewed February 20, 2011

Good: location (especially if staying prior to a Gatwick flight), rooms are nicely decorated, lovely terrace and grounds which would be great in summer

Needs work: Service (after waiting for 20 minutes had to go and find someone when wanted a drink in the bar and then they added a service charge to it! plus breakfast was really slow), beds are way too soft, shower looks nice but like standing in a warm mist

Other: Some of the rooms are not in the main building. Not a long walk and they provide umbrellas but if it is cold and rainy it can be inconvenient to get from the room to the main house for breakfast, check-out or dinner. Also the room we had was a connecting one and the soundproofing wasn't great.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2011

Langshott Manor is our hotel of choice when flying from Gatwick. When staying there it is difficult to imagine that Gatwick airport is only 5 miles down the road. Quaint well appointed rooms, a good restaurant and friendly, helpful staff. We have stayed at this hotel many times and it has consistently high standards - this time was no different. Recommended.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2011

Stayed for 1 night before flying from Gatwick. Stayed in a luxury room which was spacious with good quality in-room ameneties including coffee/hot chocolate/biscuits, DVD player etc. The bed was super comfy. Bathrooms were traditional in design but included a seperate shower, bath and twin basins. The room and bathroom facilities were spotless and well designed. Staff all seemed great and helpful, however, we did not dine in the hotel as we arrived late (after 8pm) and they do not have an in-room dining option other than sandwiches and we required something more substantial after a long drive. Great hotel which is genuinely no more than 5 minutes to the airport. Good location, rooms and value.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2011

I was treated to a romantic night away at this hotel and it was incredible.

I had a bit of a bumpy ride trying to find it, as the map on my iPhone sent me down a dark and very pot hole filled lane. Once there though my expectations were exceeded!

The receptionist, was very friendly in greeting me and walked me up to meet my partner in the room.
The room (Bodium) was gorgeous, in the oldest part of the hotel, it was cosy and tradiional with a modern twist. The bathroom with his and hers sinks was indulgent.

My partner had decorated the room with candles and had a bottle of champers on ice with two glasses waiting for me. He had brought the champange with him and the hotel supplied the glasses and bottle holder with ice.

We decided to go out for dinner as we weren't feeling too flush, and they kindly called a taxi for us and rang when it arrived.

On our return, they willingly gave us a cork screw so that we could open our own bottle of wine in the room. I was suprised at this, as it meant we weren't ordering their room service - pleasantly suprised! (same with the champers from earlier).

The only negative with the room Bodium, was that 2 single beds had been pushed together to make a double and the join wasn't seamless and I think the matress springs had seen better days!

I wish I had longer to stay here and enjoy the grounds and the room. I have recommended this to lots of my friends and would definitely make a trip back for a romantic and indulgent get-a-way. Next time, I will book in for dinner and breakfast!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple