“overnight transit eating hole”
Review of Ye Olde Six Bells

Ye Olde Six Bells
Ranked #4 of 122 Restaurants in Horley
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ye Olde Six Bells in Horley is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Ye six bells in Horley, convenient for eating if staying over to fly out of Gatwick.
Food very good, service very good,atmosphere very good.
I wouls certainly recommend this establishment

Write a ReviewReviews (1,829)

Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

We arranged to have lunch here because of the favourable reviews. The pub is in a fine location and looks great. I had the "calves liver" which was tough and tasteless and my wife had fish cakes that were overlooked. The quality of the service matched the food. I would not rush back. It seems very popular with smartly dressed pensioners.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Now full table service and really good service.
Food is excellent and the presentation is faultless.
Price is reasonable. One can now book a table and I would recommend doing so as it is busy.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and i ate here on a stop over whilst flying from Gatwick i must say that we were made welcome straight away, after getting a drink at the bar we waited about 10 minutes to get a table as it was very busy (a good sign). The food was great along with the wine list and all the staff. Will return if we fly from Gatwick again.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Ye Olde Six Bells is so good that my wife and I arrange our travel plans so that we can revisit. Perfect ambiance, great food, and a very good wine list. This year we tried the Sea Bass - perfectly prepared.