“Excellent, Excellent, Excellent”

Masslink Guest House
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Excellent, Excellent, Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

If you need a safe, comfy bed for the night near Gatwick and a place to leave your car try the Masslink guest house - its fantastic.

I was a bit nervous about 'park and fly'. It was my first time leaving my car keys with a stranger but Masslink looked after both me and my car superbly. The price was very reasonable and the guesthouse is less than 10 minutes to the airport. My car was parked on the guest house driveway with lots of other cars so I felt ok about leaving it. Keys are left in a safe that you can access after hours if necessary and the guest house owners were very well organised with pre-booked taxis, forms to fill in about your flight and all the information you could need about the local area.

My room was lovely. It was big, tea, coffee, TV and sink. The bathroom with shower was clean and my bed was comfy. I had a very early flight and the guest house manager made it easy for me to come and go in the middle of the night. The taxi they had booked on my behalf turned up exactly on time and I was made to feel very welcome.

Horley is lovely. There is a beautiful restaurant - The Six Bells a short walk away (5 minutes) and petrol in the village. The guest house is very easy to find and I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the garden - its lovely.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Masslink, Owner at Masslink Guest House, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for your very exceptional review of our guest house. It is so rewarding to hear that you enjoyed your stay, our facilities and your transfer to Gatwick Airport ran like clock work. (I have passed on your praise to the taxi company concerned). I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Alan Coombes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Masslinks is easy to find being on a main road and provided all I needed for 3 ngts single stay from airport. I arrived early hours of morning and owner was most helpful in providing clear written details at the door about key, etc (it was far too late to be knocking on doors!).
The room was a basic standard single with shared bathroom and very quiet so no problems with sleeping. A good value for money guest house.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Masslink, Owner at Masslink Guest House, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for your review of our Guest House. I am very pleased you found everythink to your liking and hope to welcome you once more in the not to distant future.
Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

We found the Masslink guest house outstanding. It just ticked all of the boxers, clean, warm and welcoming, together with a nice cooked full English breakfast before our delivery through to the airport, leaving our car safely parked up ready for our return.

Best regards, Tony and Lynne

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Masslink, Owner at Masslink Guest House, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our Guest House, Masslink. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and the convenience of leaving your car with use. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Rooms were adequate and single bed size suitable. TV (Small), Coffee and tea facilities in the room, along with a sink. Shared Bathrooms and toilets - always clean. Wonderful breakfast served quickly and pleasantly by Alan the owner (I assume). I paid £41.50 per night and this included Bacon, Eggs, toast and Mushrooms and wonderful coffee. Perfectly positioned next door to Gatwick Airport. Not home but not far off it. I would certainly recommend it and I would certainly stay again. (spent 6 nights)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for reviewing Masslink Guest House and I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back again soon.
Dusseldorf, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed for one night at Masslink Guest House arriving very late in the evening. The room was extremely comfy, relaxing, clean and made me feel at home. Shared bathroom facilities were excellent, it was quiet and breakfast was good. People were very friendly, took me to the airport for free. I can only recommend to stay there!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Masslink, Owner at Masslink Guest House, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for reviewing Masslink Guest House. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope we will be welcoming you back in the future.
Slough, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed at the Masslink for one night to catch a very early Gatwick flight. The ground floor room was large but the double bed was pushed sideways into an alcove so that there was no way to get to my side of the bed without climbing over my wife. There was only one bedside table which was minute, and pushed hard against that was a single bed (not requested). There was then a large open space, enough for more several beds. The double bed was standard sized and the worst I've slept in since I was a student. The room smelt putrid and neither of us slept well. In the middle of the night I found a window which opened but doing so brought my nose against the curtains, the smell was disgusting. The bathroom with its feeble noisy electric shower did not impress.
A little more care from the owners would have made this tolerable - rearranging the room to suit the guests, spraying some room freshener, washing the curtains occasionally, some professional attention to bathroom design/update.
A generally poor start to a holiday. It may be convenient for Gatwick but so are hundreds of others.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank betelorg
Masslink, Owner at Masslink Guest House, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time ti review Masslink Guest House. We welcome all feedback and althought it is never encouraging to receive negative comments this information is vital to us to improve on the quality, comfort and service we offer.
It would have been nice if you had spoken to us inperson or informed us in a letter about the points you mentioned. If you would like to get intouch please feel free to do so.
Ibiza, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

The place is cozy and very clean! The service is excellent! The rooms are fine, and the Guesthouse has a personal attention.The owner is a very nice man, he took me back to the airport with his car. Definitely a place I would go back!

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Marianoibiza
Masslink, Owner at Masslink Guest House, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for your review of Masslink Guest House. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and look farward to welcoming you back in the future.
Alan Coombes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Airport Inn Gatwick
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
BLOC Hotel Gatwick Airport
Gatwick Turret Guest House
Cumberland House Gatwick

Been to Masslink Guest House? Share your experiences!