“"STILL THE BEST"”

JaiHo at The Coppingham Arms
Ranked #1 of 122 Restaurants in Horley
Cuisines: Indian, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have been using this restaurant since its conception; it has never failed to offer the best Indian/fusion food and service. I took friends and a new business acquaintance to the restaurant last night. The guy came from Newcastle and said without a doubt it was the best Indian food he has ever tasted. "Off the scale" was his exact words. He cannot wait to return again, and he will be advising his work colleges who travel all over the country and Europe to ensure they visit whenever they are down at Gatwick or in the local area. The fact that the restaurant was buzzing with a good thirty people plus on a Monday evening and the news that an extension will be being started in the very near future speaks for itself. When done JaiHo! You are still the very best.

Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here now 4 times, once for dinner and the rest for lunch, every meal has been great.
They do a chicken starter, called chicken 99 I think which is an absolute must, and the Chinese style mushrooms are also great.
The thali is a must, the lunch time serving is fantastic value and is simply a smaller version of the dinner one, but for lunch the portion size is spot on.
I only wish I lived nearer so that I could go more often!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I'm a taxi driver from Cambs and by the workings off the gods of the road I was waiting at Gatwick with 2 hours to fill and a growing hunger. Found the Jai Ho by looking on trip advisor. It's about 10 mins from airport with plenty of parking. It was valentines night so the place was full of couples trying to be romantic but most seemed more interested in their food if truth be told. ( This maybe a female gooseberry's sour grapes at being without her beloved on such a night).
The manager kindly squeezed me in although they were fully booked as I promised to be finished with my table in an hour. There were plenty of staff around who were attentive and helpful without being too overbearing. The food was delightful, I had the chicken rogan. The waiter asked if I wanted the curry hot or medium, I opted for the latter and that was exactly what I got. Lovely juicy pieces of chicken in a beautifully spiced sauce or gravy. Even the steamed rice was perfectly cooked which in my experience certainly isn't always the case. The hot towel at the end helped sponge off the mango chutney that leapt off my fork and down my top, The meal inc a large bottle of fizzy water came to £16 pretty good value then. This may have been the best curry I've eaten in the south of England. I cannot think of any minus points other than it isn't near where I live. But I might make sure I'm early for Gatwick pickups more often.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

This Indian Resto sits in an old English Pub, just a 7min stroll from the Gatwick Courtyard Marriott where I stayed overnight. It has been a recommendation by a local colleague and is has been worth it. I definetely will go there again. Excellent Indian food and nice & charming service.
A good treat for Indian food lovers...And yes, it is a little cramped but did not bother me. The manager told me that they will extend by mid year and will get rid of the outside deck converting it into indoor seating.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We have eaten here several times and they have never let us down. FANTASTIC food, great service, nothing is too much trouble. Considering its a part of a pub it's able to serve up quality meals like a top class restaurant rather than the usual bland pub grub. It is the number one restaurant in this area for a good reason. For those who think its cramped or noisy you may have a point, but that's because it's so popular, if you want quiet and romantic then go elsewhere, the food will be the same but the price will be much more.. Price? Inc wine, beer, starters, blow out main, desert, coffee your looking at £30 each