Open today: 4:00 AM - 10:00 PM

from $41.81
More Info
from $40.19
More Info
All reviews club room staff were friendly nice lounge great start to our holiday juice runway prosecco stress clubroom
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I am a world elite card holder and was charged to get in. I didn't enter a pin and neither was I told I would be charged.I did not authorise this money to come off my card. Loungekey now refusing to refund. Absolutely disgusting.

Date of experience: July 2019
Abi_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at No1 Lounge - Gatwick South, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello,

The standard process for this kind of booking is that we would ask you to sign to confirm entry into the lounge after swiping your card.

Lounge key will the process the payment based on your membership terms and conditions with them. No1 Lounges do not deduct any payment for your visit, the payment is deducted by Lounge Key themselves. If you believe that a payment should not have been taken by Lounge Key this will need to picked up with them directly as we are not made aware of any charges they may to their customers.

We accept many loyalty cards into our lounges, all with differing terms and conditions which is why we do not take any payment from guests directly.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As a frequent traveller I do enjoy the perks of having PriorityPass lounge access. The only airport where you need to be careful is Gatwick South Terminal. There is only 1 lounge that accepts PriorityPass (the My Lounge that is also owned by No.1 does not accept the card), another lounge should be opening (Club Aspire) and you can use the card at the Grain Store (I have not done this).

I have learnt now that you do need to reserve a space in the lounge, this costs PriorityPass holders £5 per person but does give you premium security access (sometimes a bit quicker than the usual security queues).

The review itself....

The Staff
The reception staff are not particularly friendly (probably fed up having to turn people away!), even so, this is a professional service and the staff should be customer focused.

The serving staff are not very efficient, tables left dirty and not cleared away (they all seem to carry a blue cloth on a try but you never see any cleaning spray? Again, they are not friendly and have forgotten how to smile!

The bar staff are the best, much more friendly (even the odd smile!), efficient too.

I have used lounges for many years (long before they became popular), No.1 have over complicated the offering, in the old days it was just drinks and bar snacks available (crisps/nuts and maybe crackers and cheese). No.1 have created a food service and cannot deliver on this. You get a menu to choose 1 item, you order at the bar and this is served to your table. The portions are tiny and the quality is laughable (this is also very embarrassing when you have invited guests to join you in the lounge!).

Drinks
Good array of drinks available, no complaints here. The only thing I would say is they are very stingy with the ice (even when you ask for lots of ice!).

The lounge is often busy and can be quite noisy, it isn't an ideal place if you have work to do.

If I had a choice of lounges at Gatwick South I would't use this lounge (however I don't at the moment), we just need better management, a lot of these issues can be rectified quickly (especially the staff issues) but unfortunately weak management does lead to these issues.

1  Thank Baron-Raymond
Abi_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at No1 Lounge - Gatwick South, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello

Thank you for your comments your feedback is very important to us and will be passed to the lounge manager and the management team.

As card holder access is subject to availability we created our reservation system to allow card holders to reserve their space in advance for just £5, this also includes access to the Premium Security lane.

We do value your feedback as we are very committed to driving improvements in the lounge experience for our guests.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Relaxing.. great views of the run way .. fantastic range of paper's and magazines.. an egg with my breakfast would of been a nice option

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Positively the worst lounge in the PriorityPass network. If it’s not free, it isn’t worth it to enter, if you have PriorityPass or any similar program for that matter they won’t let you unless you pay the 10£ “tax”. Let me explain a bit more, I am a frequent traveler, mostly on weekends, it’s 9 month through the year and I have clocked at least 30 lounge visits in the PriorityPass network. UK airport lounges are notoriously bad, however Luton, Stansted, Heathrow when they stop customers coming in you can see it is absurdly crowded, or for that matter they set up a que system common at Standsted. Gatwick is the exception, every single time, most often as a single traveler who they could easily squeeze in, the first thing they say is “Have you made a reservation” and before you can mutter the word “No” they tell you “Sorry sir the lounge is full, and you cannot enter you can trying returning in 2-3 hours”. It’s Friday the 13th of September at 6:45pm the airport is one of the quietest I have seen for a Friday, the reality is the lounge isn’t even full, you can see inside, it is just they are holding reservations for people online (less likely) or they are holding for business class passengers of a flight (possibly) or it is an elaborate scam operation to extract an extra 10 quid for the No1 Lounge network (most definitely). I don’t know why it’s just at Gatwick, this sickness, or the staff just loves a bit of a power trip and rejecting you. To be fair though it’s not worth the 10 quid entry. They only provide glasses of small beer, less than half a pint, no self service alcohol, you get a tiny meal with your entry which to be fair it’s decent but it’s a fish finger roll the quarter of the size of your hand. And the worst despite this extreme crowd control it’s always so busy at the bar inside that you could never manage to even get a full pint as 4 trips up would take to long. Again only book this as a last resort, use your PriorityPass for the Grain Restaurant (sadly only 15 quid, but it is lovely) and then go to the Wetherspoons for your alcohol. It would be better if this lounge was removed from the PriorityPass network to just lower the disappointment in the off chance you can get into this lounge.

2  Thank Seth H

Hello

We welcome many membership cardholders who have not pre-booked to our lounges every day. However, as this is subject to availability, we created our reservation system to allow cardholders the same opportunity as those booking directly to guarantee their access ahead of travel. As an independent lounge provider, we have always taken pre-bookings through a number of sources (our website, travel agents, tour operators and airlines to name a few) and these pre-bookings allow for access up to three hours prior to the flight time. While guests may not arrive at the commencement of their booking, by reserving with us they have every right to do so and we have agreed to hold their place in the lounge from that moment. This will mean that, on occasion, there will appear to be availability when in fact the seats/tables are being reserved for guests due to arrive.

Our reservation fee is £5 per person for card holders for our No1 Lounge and £15 per person for our premium Clubrooms lounge.

I am sorry you have been left feeling disappointed your comments will be passed to our management team.

Reviewed September 12, 2019 via mobile

I have booked the Club Room for many times and found it very good.
Oh dear this time the web site booked me for No 1 lounge,
Same price chalk and cheese.
After a very long wait at the reception. Having been ignored by the lovely receptionist who was Asian in traditional dress, I was finally acknowledged. And then told to go to No1 lounge.
No I have booked the Club Room.
NO YOU HAVE NOT! Came the reply.
In the mean time my wife and go to a seat in the Club Room.
I tried to follow but was told by a tall snooty man who had been on his phone most of the time that in HAVE TO BE SEATED.
The lounge was empty (07.15 am). I then noticed that 3 of the staff were just chatting in the totally empty Club Room.
So I offered to pay the extra fee, which is odd as according to the Web Site is the same price £32.00 per person.
So having been ignored the 1st time I was told I had to queue again.
Now there was at least 8 people waiting to get in.
Still only the difficult lady who was so slow and not helpful.
Without being rood, I finally said No I would not queue again.
Another member of the staff, took pity on me and took the money.
Finally I was allowed into the sacred and hallowed sanctuary of the Club Room.
After a while we were served. At least 4 other people were in the Club Room. My wife ordered muesli, it took ages to come as after all it must be hard to pour it into a bowl.
I ordered the cooked breakfast. Oh dear, uncooked bacon, and a poached egg on a cold plate.
Inedible.
I have written to the Manager, but after 4 days have not heard a thing,
What a shame.
The answer is just stay with everyone else, and get decent service in the General Lounge.

Still waiting for a reply from the Manager.
Don’t waste you money

1  Thank B1872QOjohns

Hello

Thank you for your comments. I am concerned by the points you have raised.

I am sorry to hear you have not heard back from the lounge manager, I have emailed our supervisors in the South terminal to see if anyone is in receipt of your complaint.

If you made the booking directly with us our website would only book the lounge selected, there isn't a way it can change lounges so I can only assume that No1 Lounge was chosen at the time of booking and would have shown on your confirmation when it was generated. Both lounges are different prices on our website as the Clubrooms offers a different experience to that of the No1 Lounge.

I will ensure a copy of your comments regarding the food are passed to the relevant department so that they are can address this with the team.

If you can send a copy of your review to our Guest Relations Team at enquiries@no1lounges.com we will investigate your comments further. Trip Advisor will not capture the date and time of your visit and does not give your full name and therefore it is hard for us to trace your booking.

We very much value your feedback and will wait to hear from you directly so that we can look into this further.