“Absolute bargain”

Gatwick Inn
Ranked #27 of 30 Horley B&B and Inns
“Absolute bargain”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Great room, comfy bed, warm room, new linen. Absolute bargain would definitely recommend it to others. We paid just 49 for a twin room which is amazing value especially when you are working away on a budget

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We chose the Gatwick Inn due to it's close proximity to the Gatwick Airport for an early morning flight. Leeli, our host, gave us a very warm greeting before showing us to our room. Our room was on the second floor & was tastefully decorated. The bed was the most comfortable bed we had during our 5 week European vacation! We had a king size bed with a cozy down comforter and a large bathroom with a tub & shower. The fresh flowers were a nice personal touch. Free internet & free parking were also available. The Gatwick Inn has been recently renovated and they have done an beautiful job. Prior to arriving we ended up booking an additional night & took a trip in to London the day before we left. Leeli was also heading in to London that morning, so she helped us out with the train from Horley to London & with the London tube. We had a great visit with her on the train. We had a continental breakfast the first morning. It consisted of cereal, fruit, yogurt, meat, cheese, fresh baked bread, tea, coffee & juice. The second morning we had to be at the airport by 6 am so we did not have breakfast . Leeli let us use her computer to print off our boarding passes. We prearranged to leave our room key at the desk. We would highly recommend staying at Gatwick Inn. Thank you Leeli for your hospitality!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Clean (recently refurbished) friendly, lovely place to stay. Nice and close to Gatwick - only £6 taxi - car left in their large car park for 1 week with no issues. Would recommend to anyone flying from Gatwick who has an early start like us.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Jocallys
Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed at the Gatwick Inn as it was very convenient to Gatwick Airport, only a 10min taxi ride which cost us £9
The owner Leeli met us on arrival and was quite charming. She offered to book our morning taxi for us and was very accommodating .
She took us up to our room on the 2nd floor......no lifts here.....and the room was very clean n spacious. We had a king size bed with beautiful linen on it. Very comfy indeed. We had a wonderful sleep. The bathroom was also spacious and immaculately clean. They have been doing a lot of renovating n our room was very modern n fresh.
We did not order breakfast as we had an early flight departing at 9.30. We left the hotel at 7.15 and no-one was to be seen. I don't know where Leeli was so we just left our key at the little reception desk
There were a few eateries close by within 10min walking distance which Leeli pointed out to us for dinner
We would recommend the Gatwick Inn if you were spending one nite prior to your flight

Room Tip: Remember there are no lifts to help with your luggage!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2013

On pre-booked arrival we waited a long time to be seen to check in. In fact, I had to phone to get any attention! We were told that she was busy cleaning our room but there had been a fight for our room...we were very confused....as she then gave us a choice between 2 rooms and the other stayed empty! Having booked a double room plus child's bed we were disappointed to find 3 singles. She did however push them together and explained she mainly has workmen in during the week who room share. The giant tv didn't work but she swapped it for one that did work. We aren't sure whether she came in and turned it off though while we slept! Our every move (outside of the room, we assume!) was being watched and she appeared everytime we left our room to see what we were doing. No facilities - bar/food etc. Beds very comfy and lovely bedding BUT on second floor with small window on limited safety opening and no fan so too hot to sleep properly. Did feel sorry for her though as she seemed to be struggling single handedly, even though only one other family there. Had a very uncomfy feel to it and would not recommend or use again. Bathroom newly refurbished but communal areas cobwebby. All electrics in the room were linked to multi socket extension etc

Room Tip: Better for a winter stay
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Yorkshire England
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The hotel we had booked into went into bankcrupcy and this was the only place we where we could find a room at short notice. It is an unsual place and seems to be run on a shoe string by one person, who appears to be head cook and bottle washer, with all the jobs inbetween. We seemed to be the only guests over the weekend. The room was clean and the bathroom also, though the loo seat required some attention. For cheap accommodation near to the airport it wasn't so bad, just somewhat unusual and somewhat run down. The first room we were given, while being large and comfortable, was very hot, as it faced south and was very very noisy, overlooking the main road with non-stop traffic, and, due to the heat, the windows would have had to be kept open. We then were given a back room which was quieter and cooler. Because it is a one person show, the manager was always busy and so one had to seek her out if she was needed for anything, but she was always willing and helpful. Breakfast didn't start until 8.30a.m. although I am sure that, had there been an early flight to catch, something could have been arranged. The beds were comfortable with excellent pillows and duvets.

Room Tip: There are rooms on ground floor, first and second floors. However the rooms on the second floor are...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank fotinibell
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Gatwick Inn during my two week visit to the UK and was not disappointed. My room was immaculately remodelled and decorated to an extremely high standard which made it exceptionally comfortable to come back to after a long day exploring. This was my first time staying at a bed and breakfast rather than a hotel, and I would thoroughly recommend staying at this particular guest house. I didn't have a car, but I found the location ideal for catching a bus to the train station or even into a neighboring town. It is a very cheap and quick taxi ride to/from Gatwick Airport (£6). There is also a Sainsbury Local directly across the street which is fantastic if you need any food or beauty essentials.

Overall my room was fantastic. I had a west facing bedroom with ensuite and I loved it. My bed was a king size bed with the fluffiest feather comforter on it imaginable. I honestly felt like jumping on my bed like a child quite often. The bathroom has brand new features and marble tile throughout. Upon checking in, my room was immaculately clean and I had the biggest flat screen television that I have ever seen for my personal use! I had no difficulty sleeping and was never disturbed by any noise from outside or other guests. When staying here you can tell that no expense was spared in the remodelling of the property from the inside out.

The service was second to none and I have honestly never experienced such hospitality in any other country that I have visited. Leeli is the epitome of graciousness and friendliness. During my visit she made me feel like a beloved family member rather than a paying customer. She runs an exceptional home, one that I would recommend to my family, friends, and even strangers on here! I promise you will not be disappointed with your visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo