“Abosultely Wonderful”
Review of Gatwick Inn

Gatwick Inn
Ranked #28 of 30 Horley B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Gatwick Inn during my two week visit to the UK and was not disappointed. My room was immaculately remodelled and decorated to an extremely high standard which made it exceptionally comfortable to come back to after a long day exploring. This was my first time staying at a bed and breakfast rather than a hotel, and I would thoroughly recommend staying at this particular guest house. I didn't have a car, but I found the location ideal for catching a bus to the train station or even into a neighboring town. It is a very cheap and quick taxi ride to/from Gatwick Airport (£6). There is also a Sainsbury Local directly across the street which is fantastic if you need any food or beauty essentials.

Overall my room was fantastic. I had a west facing bedroom with ensuite and I loved it. My bed was a king size bed with the fluffiest feather comforter on it imaginable. I honestly felt like jumping on my bed like a child quite often. The bathroom has brand new features and marble tile throughout. Upon checking in, my room was immaculately clean and I had the biggest flat screen television that I have ever seen for my personal use! I had no difficulty sleeping and was never disturbed by any noise from outside or other guests. When staying here you can tell that no expense was spared in the remodelling of the property from the inside out.

The service was second to none and I have honestly never experienced such hospitality in any other country that I have visited. Leeli is the epitome of graciousness and friendliness. During my visit she made me feel like a beloved family member rather than a paying customer. She runs an exceptional home, one that I would recommend to my family, friends, and even strangers on here! I promise you will not be disappointed with your visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed May 27, 2013

My room appeared to be fairly newly decorated, so was fairly clean in that respect. The glasses and cups were not, there was water pooled around them sitting on their wee tray and the kettle was half full. I don't think any of the doors fit properly in the hotel, if you have anyone near you, anything they do will disturb you. The toilet was fitted with a pump/macerator that made a horrible load of noise. It was very cheap but even then you'd expect a bit more. Didn't eat so can't comment on that.

Room Tip: Take ear plugs
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2010

Dirty, poorly kept, unwelcoming - sharp practice!! Don't go anywhere near.....

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kjtNewportUk
Reviewed January 25, 2010

Following a fantastic holiday away we found ourselves stranded in Gatwick due to the snow! Places to stay were extremely limited as the airport had closed and this was the only place we could find – now we know why!! As soon as we arrived in the reception we knew this wasn’t a good place to stay! It was so cold in the house. We were told that we had to turn on the heating once we got to the room - it was like an ice-box in there! Heating was a waste of time and we ended up sleeping in our clothes. The place was filthy – there were cobwebs everywhere and you stuck to the carpet. It was probably a good idea to sleep in our clothes anyway due to the cleanliness of the bed sheets. The bathroom we had to use was the worst I have ever seen – I dread to think what you would catch off the bath mat! The bath panel looked like somebody had chewed at it and was covered in some black stuff Needless to say we could not use the bathroom. The breakfast offered was an awful help- yourself continental – what happened to the good old guest house fry-up!! The cups etc were so dirty that didn’t even sample it. To top it all we were told that we had to pay for the airport transfers – one of which is stated on their leaflet and website is supposed complimentary! We were to be charged as it was an emergency booking and not booked ahead! Talk about taking advantage of the situation. So to sum up, if you want to catch something and have the worst night of your life, I would recommend staying here! By the way, the excellent review below is NOT for THIS guesthouse, but for another one in Horley with a very similar name –go there instead!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2010

My fault! Quick booking, haven't noticed any rating.... I should have. The place have a Massive potential if the owner could put some money in it. The place haven't seen an update since the 70's. You could see through the extra blanket, dust everywhere, dirty showers, tacky furniture, kettle on the floor, courtesy tray with a bare minimum, TV with 2 chanels only, no heat in the bathroom (broken), mould in the shower, dirty shower head, 10cm of toilet paper remaining on the roll, pathetic decoration, water stain in the breakfast room ceiling, help yourself breakfast (owners not there)...
Just a GOOD choice if you wish to hang yourself or commit suicide ( from the moment you enter you just rush to the final solution)
The worst experience EVER

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank lewooz
Reviewed August 22, 2009

Probably the most decrepit and dreary place I have ever stayed.

The room smelt awful, bed linen was stained, and en-suite was like a cupboard. Breakfast was DIY from a cornflake box; thank god we got out of there quickly before we caught anything nasty.

We used it for the car parking, but beware – transfers back are not included – which isn’t what they said at time of booking.

I know it’s cheap, but there is a reason for that – it’s absolutely diabolical!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shannock
Reviewed April 30, 2009

We stayed here with four adults and a baby in a family room for one night in transit. The staff were very helpful and the place was clean. It was cheap and we were given a free transfer to the airport the next day. Continental breakfast was included and was better than most for the price. Room was small but no more so than we expected especially with four adults and a baby. It is perfect for a place to stay in transit on a budget and I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family