“A DELIGHTFUL EXPERIENCE!”

The Exclusive Cake Shop & Vintage Tearoom
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Tearooms is decorated in pastels and pretty vintage style wallpaper and chandeliers. Lace tablecloths and fresh flowers are on the tables . The teas are served in Vintage china and cakes and pastries on lovely tiered cake stands. The menu includes Italian Illy coffee, real hot chocolate and 17 different loose leaf teas.There is a wide selection of homemade cakes and pastries as well as freshly made sandwiches We also cater for gluten and dairy free , There is also a children's menu with a colouring activity. Our specialty are our fabulous afternoon teas...As good if not better than the Ritz...But without the Ritz price tag!
“A DELIGHTFUL EXPERIENCE!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I cannot recommend this beautiful tearoom enough!

I stumbled across it after using a local spa hotel, and i found it absolutely delightful.

The lady owner couldn't have been more accommodating and made me and my older sister absolutely welcome from the second we stepped inside.

Her homemade cakes were absolutely beautiful and had such delicate, homely flavours. She kept our tea topped up throughout and came to check we were ok regularly despite being very very busy.

PLEASE GO AND CHECK IT OUT SOON! I have been again recently and had an even better time. Not just a cafe but a place to relax and chat. You will feel just as welcome as i did : )

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank 1tiffymont
TheVintageTearrom, Owner at The Exclusive Cake Shop & Vintage Tearoom, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Hi, thank you for the fab review! it is always a pleasure to make all our customers feel very welcome, we are glad that you enjoyed the food, ambience and service and very much look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for the recommendation 'word of mouth' 'personal experience' is very important. Carole x

Benahavís, Andalucia, Spain
“Oh which item on the menu to choose!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I was only going to pop into this shop to buy a cake for my father's 80th Birthday (which they very kindly created for me on the spot with a small cup cake - was divine!) and then, with my friend, we decided to stay and have a bite to eat. It was fantastic!

This tearoom is on the small side but it can seat around 20-25 people at lovely little tables. Each table is decorated individually and beautiful bone china cups and plates with lovely little vases of flowers on each. The service is impeccable; the owner is gushing and very helpful. (We noted as we had our lunch that she has regulars on first name terms and everyone is welcomed with the same lovely smile).

I had a gorgeous home made vegetable soup with fresh chunky brown bread (warm); you could tell it had fresh herbs within it. It was so filling that my idea to consume a cream cake afterwards was beyond possibility, but I managed to sneak in a mini bakewell tart which was divine - light pastry and light sponge with a good dollop of jam. My friend had a homemade quiche with salad and was equally delighted with her choice The menu offers light meals and by the look of other tables, everyone had some scrumptious food.

I would highly recommend popping in to this place. It is heart-warming, excellent customer service and of course the food speaks for itself. (They also make amazing cakes - my father loved his special birthday treat).

• Visited May 2014
Hello and thank you for the great review.......we are very pleased you enjoyed every aspect of the tearoom...food...pretty surroundings, the quality of the food and service. I am even more thrilled that the celebration cupcake was a hit! We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Carole x
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A lovely place to go with friends”
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

So nice to have this place in Midhurst. The tearoom always looks beautiful and the cakes in the window are stunning. Everything is served on lovely crockery all different. An ideal place to have a catch up with a friend over a tea. I would certainly recommend it over any other tearoom in midhurst. I'm a big cake fan! - For me I think that the food could do with being a little more flavourful. I have also eaten from the cooked menu and again found it a bit bland. However the cakes are very pretty and i always enjoy visiting. The staff are also very friendly.

TheVintageTearrom, Owner at The Exclusive Cake Shop & Vintage Tearoom, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Thank you for your review...we are pleased you enjoy meeting friends and like our surroundings and service. Customer feedback is always welcome so that we can try to improve our products and service. This is the first feedback we have had about the food lacking flavour... I would liked to have had your feedback at the time of your visit as I do not know which items you describe as bland. All our food is traditional English food, homemade and well seasoned to try and suit all of our customers..... seasonings are always put on the table for customers to adjust it for their tastes. Good quality ingredients are always used including fresh herbs and a number of homegrown fresh foods....mums garden beetroot, our own cucumbers, carrots and green beans. We do hope to see you again and enjoy all aspects of the tearooms. Carole
Midhurst
“Delightful tea rooms!!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I visited the Midhurst tearooms today with my parents for lunch. What a friendly and welcoming place to eat! The owner tries hard to make customers feel comfortable. The menu is cleverly designed- a good selection of light lunch choices in order to leave room for the delicious desserts. I tried the knickerbocker glory and was not disappointed. The superb cupcakes that I took away to eat at home were outstanding. Definitely worth a visit.

• Visited July 2014
TheVintageTearrom, Owner at The Exclusive Cake Shop & Vintage Tearoom, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for the lovely review I am very pleased that you enjoyed your lunch with your parents and children this week....a happy relaxed welcome and atmosphere makes for an enjoyable experience for everyone. Thank you for the compliment regarding the menu...we do try and be versatile, seasonal and interesting. We very much look forward to seeing you again soon Carole x
“Excellent afternoon tea”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We had the Victorian afternoon tea for two people which was excellent value at £16 per person. However it was too much food & we had to take most of the cakes in a box. Perhaps one between the two of us would have been better! The sandwiches & cakes were very fresh & very tasty. Would definitely recommend & suggest a visit if taking a trip to Midhurst.

Visited July 2014
TheVintageTearrom, Owner at The Exclusive Cake Shop & Vintage Tearoom, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
I am very pleased you enjoyed your afternoon tea with us..it is indeed good value for money and you definitely need to arrive hungry! we hope to see you again soon. Carole