“Come into my parlour”

The Exclusive Cake Shop & Vintage Tearoom
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
Description: The Tearooms is decorated in pastels and pretty vintage style wallpaper and chandeliers. Lace tablecloths and fresh flowers are on the tables . The teas are served in Vintage china and cakes and pastries on lovely tiered cake stands. The menu includes Italian Illy coffee, real hot chocolate and 17 different loose leaf teas.There is a wide selection of homemade cakes and pastries as well as freshly made sandwiches We also cater for gluten and dairy free , There is also a children's menu with a colouring activity. Our specialty are our fabulous afternoon teas...As good if not better than the Ritz...But without the Ritz price tag!
Midhurst, United Kingdom
“Come into my parlour”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

There are several coffee shops in Midhurst, but this little tea room is quite unique. It's like stepping back in time and sitting in someone's front parlour, with table cloths and dainty china, and the owner treating you as a friend rather than a customer. Choose from snack lunches, cakes, and afternoon teas. We ordered toffee and apple tarts to go with a cup of tea and were pleasantly surprised when they came with individual pots of clotted cream!

It's a cut above, but the prices are very reasonable.

• Visited September 2013
TheVintageTearrom, Owner at The Exclusive Cake Shop & Vintage Tearoom, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you so much for the lovely comments. I am very glad to have brightened your day I am indeed fortunate to be in a trade where we can make people smile! I look forward to seeing you again soon....ps oodles of clotted cream always in the fridge!

London, United Kingdom
“lovely”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was our second visit to this delightful tea rooms, the lady that runs it is welcoming and helpful. The attention to detail is amazing, as are the sandwiches and yummy cakes.Other tearooms could learn a lot form this wonderful little place. I'm sure we will be returning there in the not too distant future.

1 Thank Julie S
TheVintageTearrom, Owner at The Exclusive Cake Shop & Vintage Tearoom, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you so much for complimentary review. I am always pleased to to hear that customers have a wonderful tea experience! Attention to detail is hugely important in every aspect of our business..from cleanliness...to tastiness! I look forward to seeing you very soon.x
Farnham
“An unforgettable adult birthday party!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Without hesitation, we booked an afternoon tea party for our twin sons 30th birthday. Having already experienced Carole's hospitality on two previous occasions when we had Ooooh'd and Aaaah'd our way through some of the truly home made delights on offer, it was so clear we needed to share this experience with our sons and their partners. We reserved a round table for the six of us and were not disappointed ! First of all, we should mention that The Vintage Tearooms are beautifully decorated in pastel shades and are spotlessly clean. The tables are ready with beautiful fine bone china, cups and saucers and there is a real feeling of calm and tranquillity. Gentle background music and air conditioning just add to the realisation that this is somewhere special. Somewhere where the memories of how high standards used to be and thankfully can still be found due to the care and attention to detail that Carole, the owner so proudly shares. Over the next 90 minutes we tasted a selection of generously filled finger sandwiches made with the freshest of breads and the crusts removed! This was followed by an amazing selection of homemade cakes, tarts, scones, brownies and tiffin all served with fresh clotted cream. Our sons are 6' 8'' and have an appetite to match, however they couldn't finish all that was on offer. The tea itself was fresh and hot with plenty of milk and hot water to hand for varying tastes. In addition we had ordered a simple birthday cake for the celebration. This was presented on the table ready for when we took our seats and was clearly prepared to the same very high standard as everything that we had already tasted. Our 'boys' left with a box each, containing the cakes that they hadn't quite managed. (The bakewell tartlet with warm jam in it's centre is an absolute must!). To sum up, if you enjoy traditional afternoon tea, this very inviting Vintage Tearoom is a must. We live 45 minutes away but will return again and again as it is exceptional.

3 Thank Steve O
TheVintageTearrom, Owner at The Exclusive Cake Shop & Vintage Tearoom, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Mr and Mrs 'O' thank so very much for a fabulous review. I am thrilled you chose to invite your sons and partners to celebrate their birthday at the tearoom, it is always a joy to have happy occasions to celebrate and share. I love to make every occasion special, happy and memorable. When you told me your sons were 6 ft 8 I was determined that they should go home full and armed with 'doggy boxes' of goodies!!!!! no one leaves hungry! You are the most delightful customers and I very much looking forward to seeing you again soon. Best wishes always Carole x
Midhurst, United Kingdom
“Delicious sweet treats!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I took my classroom assistant here for a well deserved end of year treat today and am very glad I did! Although we both live locally we were not sure where to go in town for a really good cream tea so decided to give The Vintage Tearoom a try. We went a step further than a traditional cream tea and had a sweet treat cream tea which certainly was a delicious treat! We will definitely visit again, maybe as a treat at the end of every term...or maybe every half term!!

2 Thank Katie S
TheVintageTearrom, Owner at The Exclusive Cake Shop & Vintage Tearoom, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
I am so glad that you enjoyed your sweet treat afternoon tea at the tearoom. After having been a Food Technology teacher for 30 years myself, a treat at the end of term is definitely well deserved ladies! I look forward to seeing you again in the future.
London
“Perfect”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

It was our 25th wedding anniversary today and we wanted afternoon tea. Went to Midhurst with the intention of visiting this tea room after reading about it on this site and were not dissapointed at all.

It is very small and when we arrived we had the place to ourselves for a while. We were warmly greeted and sat where we wanted to.

We ordered the afternoon tea and enjoyed every part of it. The finger sandwiches were fresh and tasty and the cakes were superb. Nice big pot of tea that was refilled as soon as it was empty.

Everything about it was excelent.

We will be going back in the next couple of weeks to take our daughter there.

2 Thank cabbie99
TheVintageTearrom, Owner at The Exclusive Cake Shop & Vintage Tearoom, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
thank you for the lovely review...I am so glad you enjoyed your afternoon tea and congratulations on your wedding anniversary. I will look forward to seeing with your daughter very soon. x