“Perfect”

The Exclusive Cake Shop & Vintage Tearoom
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Tearooms is decorated in pastels and pretty vintage style wallpaper and chandeliers. Lace tablecloths and fresh flowers are on the tables . The teas are served in Vintage china and cakes and pastries on lovely tiered cake stands. The menu includes Italian Illy coffee, real hot chocolate and 17 different loose leaf teas.There is a wide selection of homemade cakes and pastries as well as freshly made sandwiches We also cater for gluten and dairy free , There is also a children's menu with a colouring activity. Our specialty are our fabulous afternoon teas...As good if not better than the Ritz...But without the Ritz price tag!
London
“Perfect”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

It was our 25th wedding anniversary today and we wanted afternoon tea. Went to Midhurst with the intention of visiting this tea room after reading about it on this site and were not dissapointed at all.

It is very small and when we arrived we had the place to ourselves for a while. We were warmly greeted and sat where we wanted to.

We ordered the afternoon tea and enjoyed every part of it. The finger sandwiches were fresh and tasty and the cakes were superb. Nice big pot of tea that was refilled as soon as it was empty.

Everything about it was excelent.

We will be going back in the next couple of weeks to take our daughter there.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank cabbie99
TheVintageTearrom, Owner at The Exclusive Cake Shop & Vintage Tearoom, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
thank you for the lovely review...I am so glad you enjoyed your afternoon tea and congratulations on your wedding anniversary. I will look forward to seeing with your daughter very soon. x

Farnborough, Hampshire UK
“Cupcake Heaven!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My friend and I came across these Tearooms when we stopped in Midhurst with the intention of eating at a well known 'Pizza' chain.. However, the Tearooms looked so inviting that we felt drawn to go inside, where the ambience was one of being special and of being spoilt as Carole, the owner, greeted us like long lost friends. Seeing the range of cupcakes, it took a few minutes to decide but, between the two of us, we ordered an 'Eton Mess' and a 'Lemon Meringue', and we were not disappointed!

The Tearooms are beautifully and thoughtfully furnished, from the white tables and chairs to the mis-matching china, which adds to its charm. I must also mention the cleanliness of the loo. The facilities were immaculate.

Unfortunately, we were the only customers on this Wednesday afternoon. I asked if the Tearooms were open on Sundays, and was told that a trial had not been particularly successful, which was disappointing to hear. The Tearooms are an ideal stopping place for singles, couples or families passing through Midhurst wanting 'a cup o tea and a cake' on their way back from local weekend attractions. Perhaps,another Sunday opening from June - September could be attempted, along with a Monday closure?

My friend and I would definitely head for the Tearooms again on any future visit we make to or through Midhurst - and we hope that you do, too!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Jane270650
TheVintageTearrom, Owner at The Exclusive Cake Shop & Vintage Tearoom, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Ladies thank you soooooo much for a positive review, and that your cupcake experience was a delicious one!....... and yes a very clean loo, I feel that it is a reflection on your care and standards of hygiene and also attention to detail.

I will look forward to meeting you again soon. Thank you.
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely china and cup cake heaven”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Found it on a cold winters day. The soup (pea and mint) was piping hot and delicious. and the tea was first class. Tea shop is not large , but excellent service. The portions are generous.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Stuart N
TheVintageTearrom, Owner at The Exclusive Cake Shop & Vintage Tearoom, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Stuart thank you very much for your positive review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the food and service at the tearooms. Hope to see you back to taste some more of our homemade soups!
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Lovely tearoom in beautiful old town of Midhurst”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My sister and I took my parents to to this tearoom on Sat 8 March for an early Mother's Day treat ... we know Midhurst well but hadn't visited the tearoom before. Suffice to say this will not be the last visit. The staff are welcoming and friendly, the ambience is cosy and charming and we loved the old-style music playing in the background. We all chose the soup of the day (leek and potato), which was absolutely delicious and very filling. We didn't need dessert but were tempted and glad we succumbed. We've all brought cupcakes home for our families to savour too. I'm looking forward to coming back and sampling a cream tea next time !

• Visited March 2013
TheVintageTearrom, Owner at The Exclusive Cake Shop & Vintage Tearoom, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for the complimentary review I am so glad you enjoyed your visit to our tearooms. Not only do I thank you for your custom but also the good humor and banter we enjoyed. Our cream teas are scrummy so I look forward to seeing you again soon. Many thanks Carole
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“A perfect little tea shop”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

What a lovely place. So pretty and exactly what one wants from a vintage tea shop.

Service was impeccable. The woman that serves us was very friendly. My husband had a sticky toffee cupcake which he assures was divine.

Incidentally, the cleanest loo, ever. It matters.

1 Thank elliesmithy
TheVintageTearrom, Owner at The Exclusive Cake Shop & Vintage Tearoom, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for the positive comments I am so pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us............................and yes I couldn't agree more a clean loo matters.... thank you, hope to see you again.