“a proper country pub”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
portsmouth
“a proper country pub”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

had the pleasure of spending a evening here for a family meal and what a treat it was..
nothing was to much for the staff..friendly first class service is the only way i can describe this experience..
food was excellent....
well done to everyone at the greyhound..

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank davally

“Food to die for!!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Iv lived locally for a wile now but have never really ventured out of midhurst town so tonight i treated myself and my family to a meal in this idylic little pub. Everyone was extremely happy with there meals, i personally had the 8oz angus rump which was the best steak i have had in years.
It was a very quiet evening so the atmosphere wasnt what i imagine it usually is on a busy night,but that aside i would recomend this pub to anyone for a good inexpensive meal .
like quoted in the pub "we dont do fast food we do good food as fast as we can".

Well done the greyhound we will definately be seeing you again!!

Midhurst
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Be like a "Greyhound" and run away very fast”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

A "freezing" cold pint of ale that would have been just fine in the middle of summer not on a cold and wet March evening and a burger that was just simply awful that I couldn't eat more than two mouthfuls(stale bun, only slightly warm meat and almost no relish). I did mention it to the waitress who said she would speak to the "chef", but heard nothing back......We paid in full as I was expecting the wairess to take my meal off the bill. She didn't and my wife had already asked me not to cause a fuss. Okay so the bill didn't break the bank but that's not the way to hold onto customers in a recession. As they say at Sony...it takes 20 seconds to lose a customer and 2 years to get them back. Maybe see you again in 2015!

• Visited March 2013
Mike W, Owner at The Greyhound, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
I am very sorry to read this report and the disappointment felt by this Customer. I must respond in saying that our waitress should have reported and raised this issue immediately with the manager & chef who would have been more than happy to replace your meal or offer you a refund. If possible could you give me a date & time so the waitress can be dealt with appropriately Again, we are very sorry that you had a bad experience.
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Nice recommendation”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We were in the Petworth area and had been put off by locals by poor reports and high prices. This excellent pub/restaurant was recommended and not too far away. Worth the extra mileage. Lunchtime meal for four including a relative from Australia. Homely pub, chocker full, and had to eat in the restaurant section. Starters good choice and plenty of it. Mains good. Service good and well looked after. Can't fault anything. We'll go again if in the area.

• Visited February 2013
“Lovely warm local pub!!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The greyhound is incredibly consistant, always warm and cosy. Delicious home cooked food, the chicken pot being one of my favourite starters. Delicious roast on a sunday ensures that you dont leave hungry! In summer its a delight to sit outside with a nice cold beer or on a wintery day inside by the log burning fire. One of my favourite local pubs!!

1 Thank charlbur