“The most welcoming, intimate, friendly hotel for miles.”
Review of The Angel Inn

The Angel Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Midhurst
Godalming, Surrey
“The most welcoming, intimate, friendly hotel for miles.”
Reviewed January 6, 2010

Helen from Godalming, Surrey says:
If looking for a really comfy, welcoming and luxurious hotel, you must visit The Angel.
We have stayed about 12 times in the past couple of years; and have partied the last 3 New Year's in @ The Angel. This 2 night visit was the 1st for us since half the Hotel had been sold off & the refurb had taken place; so we were not sure what to expect (esp as our favourite room had been sold!!)
We need not have had an ounce of concern! It has been renovated beautifully; the food was better than it's ever been, the new manager is a great assett & luckily the receptionist is still there; that would have been a great loss if not. The whole team make one so welcome.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
West sussex
Reviewed December 27, 2009

Totally professional organisation and attention to detail in the planning leading up to our daughter's 18th birthday party made the whole evening run very smoothly! The food was delicious and a great time was had by all!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Godalming, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 22, 2009

My wife and I stayed mid December just to get away and get some peace and quiet. We arrived late afternoon and received a really warm welcome. We were then shown to our room (Tinkerbell Suite). Lovely big room, not the biggest four poster but really comfy. Nice annex up a couple of stairs. Bathroom adequate.

Dinner was excellent with very good service.

Breakfast was brilliant.

All in all, not too expensive, very comfortable and the thing that struck me and why I will be returning is that the service and pesonal attention are right there. I have stayed in so many places that treat you like a number. Not The Angel. We could have been the only ones there. It doesn't pretend to be anything that is not either.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
West Sussex
Reviewed December 2, 2009

The Angel Hotel is a great place to host your Christmas event. The location was perfect, as we required somewhere in between Hampshire and Sussex.
The food was excellent & the staff were very friendly and efficient. Everyone thought the location in the Courtroom was very atmospheric, and the Christmas decorations added that extra Wow..
Maarten and all his staff made us all feel very welcome from arrival to the end of the event. Nothing was too much trouble.
The rooms were clean, cosy and well thought out, with an individual look/theme to each one.
To cater for 42 people and not have one person unhappy with the choice of their food, was quite an achievement. Everyone had a great time.
Well done to The Angel, we will definitely come back.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Midlands
Reviewed November 27, 2009

I stay in over 200 hotels a year and this is one of the better ones. Not so big it ignored me. Not so small I felt crowded. I arrived late and was still met with professionalism. I was personally shown to my room and what a room. I really enjoyed the bathroom. The bath was a proper full sized metal bath, not some down-sized plastic thing, and the availability of Hot Water. I have stayed is some places where there is no water pressure, and others where the hot water runs out, but not at the Angel. I hat a long soaking bath in water I could have made tea in. It was brilliant. Then I rested on the Double bed and felt that I could simple disapear from the world. The bed was perfect for a good nights sleep and the pillows to match. The room is well appointed and very tidy indeed. I watched the flat screen TV and was able to select from the cable channels. The car park is off-road and I will have no issue with bringing my Harley here during the summer as I feel it is secure. The staff could not have been more helpful. I woke up rested and after the good breakfast, I was ready to face the day. Very nice change to find a place that is this good.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
ringmer
Reviewed November 24, 2009

We came on a bit of a last minute weekend as we really needed a break away for the 'boy who doesn't sleep'!
The room was perfect, very nice and clean, lovely cotton sheets, exactly as I would have them at home, as I am very fussy about my bed linen!!
Great argentinian steak dinner with a nice bottle of bubbly and an early night!
Great place to come for a relaxing night.
Weather was rubbish, but I know you can't do much about that, so we drank about 2 bottles of wine in the bar instead!
Very nice and would definately recommend and come again.
Michele Stock

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Devon
Reviewed November 9, 2009

Fantastic Hotel a little gem in the heart of Midhurst. Whether on business or pleasure this hotel offers it all, lovely rooms , a very good breakfast. We did not eat at the hotel in the evening or lunch but i should say it would be very good. Very one is very friendly and the hotel has a warm homely feel about it. Our room was at the front and we did not hear a thing, As i said a little gem, not to be missed when staying in Midhurst.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midhurst
The Spread Eagle Hotel & Spa
Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa
Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa
#1 of 2 in Haslemere
Millstream Hotel & Restaurant

Been to The Angel Inn? Share your experiences!