I've stayed here twice. I will never stay here again.
First time I stayed here I arrived with a vehicle . The underground parking garage does NOT have an elevator so if you have baggage of any substantial weight or bulk, you will not be able to bring it up from the garage. The garage also being a pretty tight fit and be prepared to tuck your mirrors in or even possibly not being able to find a spot to park.
The logical assumption then would be that they'd have a convenient place for you to unload your vehicle so you could bring your bags upstairs and THEN go and park your car. But they don't. They need the area in front of the hotel for the airline flight crews buses to park and to pass through, and any car parked there will block the buses. I was severly chastised for parking my car there when I went to retrieve the 200 pounds of luggage I had. ( I was on the road for several months with a lot of equipment) But what else could I do? If I let their bellman take my bags he just leaves them in the middle of the lobby if he gets called away.
The other thing that really bothered me was a 15 GBP charge for internet use for a day. That's about $24, for ONE DAY!!! If a Motel 6 can give you free internet, how can a hotel justify $24 a day for the internet.
In addition, there are no soda or vending machines, so if the snack bar or restaurant is closed then you can't get a light snack. And as an airport hotel people arrive at all times of the day and night so this is not insignificant. Imagine pulling in at midnight after 10 or 12 hours of driving, having to hassle with the car and your luggage, being hungry and tired and not being able to have anything to eat or drink except tap water. Not pleasant.
The room itself was clean and modern and well insulated from the roar of the Jets. For airline flight crews, being dropped off by the bus and having little in the way of luggage it's ideal. But for someone heading off on a trip, or a family with a vehicle and a bunch of bags it's really super inconvenient to stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Hyatt Place Heathrow Airport, you’ll enjoy the comfort you deserve and the convenience you crave. Plus, you’ll be in the heart of Heathrow Airport, just moments from Terminals 2, 3 and 5. Whether you are travelling for a business meeting or on a family vacation, our hotel is the ideal place to relax, meet and explore. What You’ll Love • The spacious rooms: 349 roomy rooms with our Cozy Corner chaise lounge • Waking up to breakfast: Start the day right with a fresh and heart breakfast from the Gallery Kitchen Breakfast options, served in our Gallery Cafe • Perk it up: Other perks include free Wi-Fi and a 24-hour StayFit Gym • Flexible meeting spaces: 2,422 sq ft of meeting space, perfect for a range of events and celebrations • Great transport options: Linking you to the airport, central London and beyond Hyatt Place London Heathrow is the perfect starting point for work or play when travelling through London Heathrow airport. Relax after a busy day in our spacious guestrooms, rest up, then wake up and experience our Gallery Kitchen Breakfast. Don’t be bound to a schedule; work out or get work done your way at our 24/7 StayFit Gym and e-room business centre. Our central location makes it easy to get around the city with shopping, sightseeing and the business hubs of several Global Companies all in the vicinity. Hotel Features • 349 spacious guestrooms with separate sleeping and living areas as well as our Cozy Corner sofa-sleeper • Signature Hyatt Grand Bed™, upscale bath toiletries, and hi-tech amenities • Free Wi-Fi and remote printing everywhere • Gallery Kitchen Breakfast • Gallery Café serves an a la carte menu for lunch and dinner • 24/7 Gallery Market offers perfectly packed grab n’ go items, from snacks and sandwiches to pastries • Coffee to Cocktails Bar offers a variety of specialty beverages • 24/7 StayFit Gym with Life Fitness machines, free weights, and exercise balls • Free public computers in the Gallery • 2,422 sq ft of flexible meeting and event space PARKING: Our hotel offers on-site parking at £12 per 24 hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arora International Heathrow Harmondsworth
- Arora International Heathrow Hotel Harmondsworth
- Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport West Drayton, Greater London