“Can not beat this!”

Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Over night layover at Heathrow? Consider staying at the Arora...it was free transportation from the Heathrow Central Bus Station...short walk from the terminal. Most friendly and helpful check in. Very comfortable, reasonable rooms, quiet with all conveniences. The best part however was the fact that we wanted to make a visit to Windsor Castle while we waited for our departure the next afternoon. We inquired at the desk as to how best to go, they were very helpful explaining the simplest way to go...when the manager on duty heard our conversation, he left his office and came out and said, "If you can wait ten minutes for me, I am going home and I'll be happy to drop you off at the Castle..it's on my way" How kind and considerate can you be? He may have stretched the truth a bit, I really doubt if it was exactly on his way...but he gave us a most pleasant ride and dropped us off at his choice of cafes for a coffee..which turned out to be a super place. He and the hotel made out brief stay in Heathrow just perfect! We are forever indebted to them for a very good memory. I'm sure that they give such personal service to all.

Room Tip: Even the Smith restaurant served good food.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Silverspoon
Stephen C, General Manager at Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and found the Team to be friendly and helpful. It was also great to hear that you liked your comfortable room and your complimentary ride into Windsor!

Thanks again for your review and we do hope to welcome you back to Arora Hotel Heathrow at some point in the near future!

Arora Hotel Heathrow

Write a ReviewReviews (3,135)

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We overnighted here last night after a flight from Singapore and had a quiet, peaceful sleep in the small but clean room. Efficient friendly staff, coffee and tea making facilities and limited but sufficient free internet for one device. We took the Hopper shuttle from Terminal 4 (£8.00 return). Last time I stayed here I arrived in Terminal 3 so took the free hourly service from the Central Bus Station (Stand 20 Bus 75 or 76) to the stop Comfort Centre which is across the A4 from the hotel. We will stay here again.

1  Thank ditsywitsy
Stephen C, General Manager at Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the Team to be efficient and friendly and the local transport links to the airport to be convenient. It was also great to hear you had a good nights sleep and found your room to be clean.

Our Superior rooms are 24m2, a standard size in the UK, although may I suggest if you are looking to stay with us again in the future our Premier rooms are larger at 27m2 with great views of the runway along with other upgraded facilities.

The team and I look forward welcoming you back to Arora Hotel Heathrow at some point in the near future!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

A great hotel for its closeness to Heathrow's Terminal 5, Quiet and comfortable rooms. Restaurant on the expensive side with a limited menu. If arriving by car, they have parking available but no lift for getting luggage from car to your room.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nwflhusker

Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the hotels location convenient for Terminal 5 and that you liked your quiet and comfortable room.

We do encourage guests to stop at the front door to off load luggage to avoid having to use the stairs. We have Porters on hand 24-hours a day to help with bags, allowing you to park at ease without worrying about your luggage. We have also recently fitted an intercom in the car park so guests can call for luggage assistance.

Thank you also for your feedback regarding Smith’s Grill, our evening menu does offer a wide range of dishes with ten starters and over twenty main courses plus our daily specials. Locally sourced products and freshly made food does also come at a premium which is reflected in the menu prices. That said, I do appreciate your feedback and have taken your comments on board.

We hope to welcome you back to Arora Hotel Heathrow at some point in the near future.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I only spent one night there as my family and I had a 6am flight from terminal 5 and we had a long ride from home. Firstly, the hotel forgot my son's spare,guest bed. It took them over one hour and five trips to our bedroom to sort it out. We visited their restaurant - paid 79£ which included a no optional 12.5 percent gratuity for sloppy service. The food was appalling, the pizza was cold, the curry was awful, the soup was cold and tasteless and we paid £6.50 for three scoops of ice cream. We left furious. The bedroom air con did not really work, and as many hotels this one decided not to have linens anymore, just a duvet which is always too warm. We spent the night in a greenhouse. It only cost £65 for the bedroom, but I would have never booked had I known what a rip off in terms of comfort, service and food. Even the taxi booking was complicated, and the reception staff did not seem to speak English very well. Never again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us. There was no comment on your booking regarding an extra bed being required hence the housekeeping team did not have this ready for you. They did make every effort to set the bed up as soon as possible for you although we do not have a time log of how long this took. I’m surprised it would have taken an hour, especially if this should have been ready for you as the Team would have acted with urgency. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

It was also concerning to read your comments regarding Smith’s Grill, we have no record of a compliant that day in our handover book, I’m sure if you would have alerted a member of the team or the manager on duty that we would have easily rectified any issues for you. I can also assure you that the service charge is optional which is clearly stated on the bill. However, your feedback has been shared with the team.

Each room in the hotel does have independent climate control which allows the room to be cooled to 18⁰C or heated to 28⁰C. In the event of any technical issues we would send the Maintenance Team straight to the room to rectify the issues and in the rare occasion that we can not remedy the problem we would offer an alternative room and assistance to move guests luggage. If this was not the case I can only apologise.

The Team here at Arora Hotel Heathrow are our most valuable asset and we receive excellent feedback about how friendly and helpful they are so I am surprised that you would describe them as rude. I do however accept that there is always room for improvement.

Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Had 20 hour layover in Heathrow and enjoyed my stay at the Arora Hotel. Easy access from the airport, lovely room and amazing dining experience. Good online booking system. Thank you for the great hospitality.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be easily accessible from the airport and that you liked your room. Thank you also for your kind comments regarding Smith’s Grill, I’ll make sure I share these comments with the Team.

We look forward welcoming you back to Arora Hotel Heathrow at some point in the near future!

Reviewed December 25, 2013

We got our overnight booking very affordable from a good online site. I was hesitant at first since we always have horrible experience if it is within budget hotel. But Arora Hotel experience has changed it all. I slept like a log for the first time in a hotel, what it says in their page that rooms was soundproof it was indeed! Staff are all pleasant & polite. No fuss check-in. Down side is the hotel's car park we cannot find any place after 8pm but this doesn't affect us giving you 5star quality experience.

1  Thank 20marie

Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be great value for money and the Team to be pleasant and polite. It was also great to hear you had a quick no-fuss check-in and that you slept well in our triple glazed rooms.

Thank you also for your comments about car parking, we do have an overflow car park behind the hotel that we use on rare occasions. I trust that you found somewhere to park on this occasion.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

I booked a suite directly with them online for a 1 night stopover whilst waiting for a connecting domestic flight. I considered a better rate hotel nearby which was twice the price so for £117 I opted for this one as I got a suite room for that price and as it was on our return from holiday I was watching the finances. I read the reports about the proximity to the airport and there was some aircraft noise around 10pm but then it wasn't noticeable and I got to sleep straight away (I am a very light sleeper). Our room was of a good quality with some reservation about the queen bed and a couple of quirks in the bathroom shower that I could live with for a 1 night stay. We had a we pints in the bar (London prices) which was very comfortable with sky TV on as well. As we were up so early we didn't use the breakfast room. Free T5 bus outside running whenever you need it. In a similar position I would use again and recommend however you need to consider what you expect to get for the price of the rooms - it's not the Sofitel but you are not paying £250 per night either, so be realistic!

Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay and found the Suite to be comfortable and great value for money. It was also great to hear you found the free public bus connection to Terminal 5 to be convenient.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 Hotel
Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow
Sofitel London Heathrow
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport

Been to Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!