“Excellent hotel”

Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Great place to stay and so convenient for Heathrow. I use Heathrow all the time so can recommend this hotel as I am a regular guest. Last stay was 17 September 2013. Clean, comfortable and importantly, quiet. Staff very friendly and helpful. Have used the hairdressers located in the foyer - very convenient. Frequent bus service stop right outside the hotel and take you to the airport. What a pleasure.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Stephen C, General Manager at Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay and would like to thank you for your feedback.

Thanks again and we do hope to look forward to welcoming you back to Arora Hotel Heathrow at some point in the near future!

Arora Hotel Heathrow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (553)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Vernon, Canada
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We spent 2 nights here prior to flying home after a cruise. The staff were pleasant and efficient, the room was large, quiet and the bed comfortable. We had breakfast included in the room price, which was useful as there are no other restaurant choices nearby and the buffet was normally 13 pounds. There are frequent busses just outside for travel to Windsor Castle or to one of LHR Terminals to catch the tube for a jaunt to London. Dinner in Smiths, the hotel restaurant, was good. I would choose this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed here in Aug 2013. Spacious and clean room. Nice if you're flying in/out of the Heathrow airport as the Hoppa Bus comes to the front doors of the hotel and for 4.50 pounds you can take the bus directly to the airport terminal of your choice. Also, these busses have lots of room for luggage. Restaurant in the hotel is a bit pricey.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephen C, General Manager at Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay and found the room to be spacious, clean and with plenty storage space for your luggage. It was also great to hear you found the hotel hoppa transfer service convenient for the airport.

Thank you also for your comments regarding menu process in Smith’s Grill. Locally sourced products and freshly made food does come at a premium, however I do take your comments on board and appreciate your feedback.

Thanks again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Arora Hotel Heathrow!

Dartmouth, Canada
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My first stay at the Arora Hotel was for two nights and it was an enjoyable experience. When I arrived late on a Friday evening I was warmly greeted and given a parcel that had been left for me. I was pleasantly surprised at the size of my room and its many amenities. I ate dinner at Smith's and had a leisurely meal in nice surroundings. The weekend 2 or 3 course special is good value as dining rooms in hotels are often more expensive. The double bed was very comfortable; the noise level was very low even though my room faced the street. The Do not Disturb sign was noticed and observed, so I was able to complete my reports undisturbed, with the option of calling for extra supplies if needed. As well as the tea & coffee, there was an iron, ironing board, pants press and hair dryer in the room. I loved the large bath sheets.
I booked the hotel from Canada along with my flight so perhaps received a better rate, because it was very reasonable.
I arrived from Heathrow using the bus that shuttles to various hotels and back to all terminals at the airport for 4 pounds.
One way service could be improved would be to mention that the room key is used for the elevator and the room lights in case someone is unaccustomed to that system. I found it to be a security benefit as people not registered cannot access the lifts.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Stephen C, General Manager at Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your visit and found the Team to be friendly, welcoming and efficient and your room to be nice and quiet, spacious and well equipped. It was also great to hear you enjoyed your visit to Smith’s Grill.

Thank you also for your feedback about the information which needs to be provided about the lift and room key functions. This should be communicated upon arrival so your feedback is very useful for us to share with the team and be able to carry out the necessary retraining.

Rosebud, Australia
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Great all rounder. Bar prices quite steep, but service, food, beds and restaurant brilliant. The food, presentation and price were very reasonable. Service in the restaurant was first class with a special mention for waitress Dolly. She was almost a perfect 10. Please reward her with our comments. One big issue for me was during my meal, dirty glasses were piling up on the restaurant bar. Not a major issue, but a bad look for a classy hotel. Thank you, I will return

Room Tip: Saw two rooms different sides of building. Both excellent. Restaurant food was sensational and reaso...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your visit and found the food, presentation and service to your liking and it was great to hear your kind comments about Dolly, she will be delighted when she hears your review later today! Thank you also for your feedback about the bar top, I will share this with the team and work on this area as I completely agree with you - attention to detail is very important.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Excellent hotel. Very clean and modern. All staff, but especially the restaurant staff were friendly and jolly. We only stayed one night because we had an early flight the next morning so couldn't sample their breakfast but the evening meal was extremely nice. The room (we had the superior) was a good size and spotlessly clean. Bus outside the hotel took us to Heathrow airport. If you get the number 425 (or could have been 435) it takes 10 minutes to get there and it is free! Otherwise you could get the airport shuttle which costs £4.50 each one way. We also got the bus from Heathrow the night before when we landed from Newcastle and took the regular bus (think it was the 906) and showed our hotel reservation email to the driver and this was free too! no problems at all and will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m delighted you found the hotel to be clean and modern and the staff to be friendly and jolly! It was also great to hear you found your Superior room to be spacious and spotlessly clean and the free public bus transfers convenient for the airport.

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I spent only one night at the Arora hotel, but you don't need to have a longer stay to have the feeling of how customer service works here. I was there for my transition to Los Angeles. I arrived on a Friday late night from Italy. The person who greeted me at the desk was very serious and business like almost robotic. I understand that it was almost midnight but I think I had more energy than him on my arrival. It was a little difficult to find my room since this hotel has a particular numeration. I had to find floor "M" in order to get to my room. I didn't know how the lights work in the room, so when I was about to call the FD I saw a device close to the bathroom where I inserted the key and ... voilà! It worked!
The bed was somewhat comfortable but the sheets were so rough, I guess they use too much industrial soap that make them feel like paper.
The view is not pretty since this hotel is around the airport, which by the way; in a map it looks closer than it is, but a taxi charged me almost 30 € from the airport.
Breakfast is not included but if you order room service for a continental breakfast, the charge is much higher than if you seat yourself in the restaurant, so don't be fooled!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Estrella F
Stephen C, General Manager at Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay and the levels of customer care you experienced. Here at Arora Hotels we put the Guest at the centre of what we do so I was very concerned when I read your comments. I would really appreciate it if you would take the time to email your contact details to stephenclayton@arorahotels.com so I can discuss your points further with you.

Thanks again for your honesty.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Sofitel London Heathrow
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 Hotel
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel

Been to Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!